The 90s was Depressing

Being a kid in the 90's was awesome. We had Pokemon, Dragonball Z, Bey Blades, Pogs and Digimon Pocket Monsters. It was a simpler time back then.

For some reason this post made me realize, that in the game of television thrones, GOT has seized the iron throne, and layed waste to all its foes. It is the juggernaut of its era.

Lost or breaking bad are the only modern shows in its weight class for pop culture impact. Walking Dead, the Wire, or Sopranos are light heavy weights in comparison.

This is the golden era for commercial-less entertainment though, and that is worth its weight in gold. All hail netflix and DVR's.

I havent seen a commercial since the superbowl.

Admitedly I only got into the third season of GOT and I keep meaning to go and finish.

But most other shows that are on regular television purport non-PC, but, in reality, are totally PC. I watch The Office regularly (going back) and there's so much in that show that feels so off sides in this day and age it's alarming.

And even a lot of Netflix shows to me have a similar feel. They have a lot of SJW/PC overtones/undertones. Racism/anti-traditional values/pro-whatever/anti-traditional religion/pro-angry-causing lol. That sounds like a bunch of rubbish, but everything seems to walk the line of current identity politics and progressiveness. Actually, to sum up all I said, a lot/most of current shows take themselves too seriously and almost always have some sort of "message." And I'm right up to date on Black Lightning and a dozen other Netflix shows.

Don't get me wrong, I like Netflix a lot.

Last edited:
Admitedly I only got into the third season of GOT and I keep meaning to go and finish.

But most other shows that are on regular television purport non-PC, but, in reality, are totally PC. I watch The Office regularly (going back) and there's so much in that show that feels so off sides in this day and age it's alarming.

And even a lot of Netflix shows to me have a similar feel. They have a lot of SJW/PC overtones/undertones. Racism/anti-traditional values/pro-whatever/anti-traditional religion/pro-angry-causing lol. That sounds like a bunch of rubbish, but everything seems to walk the line of current identity politics. And I'm right up to date on Black Lightning and a dozen other Netflix shows.

Don't get me wrong, I like Netflix a lot.

Yeah, I'm not sure it is a new thing. I remember media geared toward gen-xers, where they told us we were the slacker generation.

I agree it seems like social engineering in media, aka psychological warfare, I'm just not convinced it is a new phenomena.

Edit: if you like to read at all, GOT proves the rule that the book is better than the movie, or tv series as it were. Also no ball slapping against guys asses in the book, that was all HBO. I wouldn't audibook it though. The narrator makes the audio book painful to listen to.

Lets think about this for a second. There been alot of 90s thread latey and everybody talking bout how great they was and I am class of 96. But let look at it.

Music was ran by sad depressing shit like Nervana?, the cranberries, in the early and bitter sweet simphoknee, sublime, and other in the mid late 90s.

the ecomeny was ok but race crimes like King,OJ, Riots and dragging a dude til his head off was still going on.

Noe the late 90s starting to wash all that away with bright colors and pop groups, it still had this sad meanlingless feel to like this was the best its ever gonna it like the Matrix said.

Music in the early to mid 90s was consistently the 2nd best time of music imo in the modern age...the 80s had amazing material as well but in different patches of the 80s....the best time being the mid to late 60s.

Movies were amazing....some of the best ive seen came from the 90s....primarily early to mid as well.

The economy was good. The president was liked. People were not ultra sensitive pc bitches. I would take Nirvana, alice & chains and soundgarden over the trash we hear today. Music is art, and art doesnt always have to be happy rainbows and blue skies. The best movies & music ive ever seen or heard were always dark....they had soul and character.....nowadays shit is dull as fck, repedative and lacks any sort of originality.

I dont believe you lived through the 90s.....what pod did you emerge from shapeshifter? The 90s were the last best decade.....these last couple have been forgettable at best....will be remembered for social media.....woo hoo.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm not sure it is a new thing. I remember media geared toward gen-xers, where they told us we were the slacker generation.

I agree it seems like social engineering in media, aka psychological warfare, I'm just not convinced it is a new phenomena.

Edit: if you like to read at all, GOT proves the rule that the book is better than the movie, or tv series as it were. Also no ball slapping against guys asses in the book, that was all HBO. I wouldn't audibook it though. The narrator makes the audio book painful to listen to.

I don't think you'll see this on network television for awhile if ever:

And interestingly, you can't find the Michael Scott "making a statement" by kissing Oscar on youtube right now, after looking for a bit. I've said it before, that they're going to start censoring this stuff more and more.

Those are just a couple of moments out of hundreds probably.

All I know is that Nirvana is the most overrated band in the history of music .

Pop music in the 80's was unbearable, I think I would have rather lived through disco.

I was a kid, so feel free to educate me, but from what I remember......walk like an egyptian........face palm.

If you take the worst, sure. I was once cornered at a party by a hippy chick singing that and playing the guitar at me. Trauma.

Billie Jean, like a Virgin, girls just wanna have fun, purple rain. When doves cry, take on me, in the air tonight, beat it, sweat dreams, Africa, don't you want me, faith, gold, hungry like the Wolf, walk this way, white wedding etc etc

Some of our biggest names ever where in their prime. Michael Jackson, Madonna, Prince, Bowie, Queen,

80s was a pop power house and none of it was manufactured.

I got a soft spot for 90's alt rock, but the songs ain't as enduring as the shit like take on me by aha.

If you take the worst, sure. I was once cornered at a party by a hippy chick singing that and playing the guitar at me. Trauma.

Billie Jean, like a Virgin, girls just wanna have fun, purple rain. When doves cry, take on me, in the air tonight, beat it, sweat dreams, Africa, don't you want me, faith, gold, hungry like the Wolf, walk this way, white wedding etc etc

Some of our biggest names ever where in their prime. Michael Jackson, Madonna, Prince, Bowie, Queen,

80s was a pop power house and none of it was manufactured.

I got a soft spot for 90's alt rock, but the songs ain't as enduring as the shit like take on me by aha.

I've never liked Mj, madona, queen, Prince. None of it. My best friend as a kid loved MJ, just wasn't for me.

I'm not the biggest music fan in general though, so ehhh.....

Depressed in the 90s? Eat another disco biscuit and turn the music up ya poof

80s girls had big bushy beaver pelts so therefore can never be considered for GOAT decade. Immediate disqualification, sorry.

90s gets a bye-run here, even if 80s Metallica>90s Metallica

80s girls had big bushy beaver pelts so therefore can never be considered for GOAT decade. Immediate disqualification, sorry.

90s gets a bye-run here, even if 80s Metallica>90s Metallica
i think all women before the 90s didnt shave pretty much. why don't you like bush bro?

I feel sorry for the naked mole rat millennial generation. Sorry kids, but pubic hair is glorious.

Last edited:
Sure, if you’re a filthy hippie. :)

On the positive side, this post got me feeling nostalgic so I dug out the SNES. I haven’t played a video game of any kind in almost 20 years, surprisingly this thing fired right up.
257ra6.jpg

Here’s my 2 year old playing Frogger. He’s never seen a video game before ten minutes ago.
257rck.jpg

Sorry kids, but pubic hair is glorious.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back