The 5 best featherweights of all time

I'm a Conor fan but it's obviously Aldo because of how long he's been at the top. I have no doubt Conor would be if he didn't move up, he destroyed the division and it's GOAT.

1. 7-7. I repeat, 7-7.

2. OK.

3. Shitty record.

4. I already said Poirier is a decent fighter.

5. GERMAN MIDGET ON STEROIDS. WHEN YOU DEGRADE YOUR OPPONENTS, YOU BASICALLY DEGRADE YOURSELF BECAUSE YOU FOUGHT LOUSY OPPONENTS, NOT GOOD ONES.
Also shitty record.

6. He had no camp. I already said Mendes was a decent fighter.

7. OK.

You're nitpicking at the wrong things, really.

The fact that none of these guys' were finished in the way McG finished them is pretty impressive.

It's more impressive than edging out or decisioning 10 opponents in a row.

I'd put Conor at number 1 since he didn't duck LWs and KO'd Aldo in 13.

No.

Aldo
FABER
Conor
Edgar
Hioki

That's the correct list for those who actually checks ALL TIME before writing.
Conor is still too high imo. You can't be one of the goats until you attempt to defend a title.

I do like The Hioki reference though. One of the best FWs that no casual fan has ever heard of. I wish the UFC picked him up about 5 years earlier.

Who was he NOT able to defend against? Conor, and someone conor beat.

Lol. You think facing 25yo, 20-fight Max coming in off a 10-fight win streak is the same as facing 21yo, 9-fight Max coming in off a loss?

How adorable.

Lol. You think facing 25yo, 20-fight Max coming in off a 10-fight win streak is the same as facing 21yo, 9-fight Max coming in off a loss?

How adorable.

Yes yes max wasnt good until he lost to conor he was a total can before that.

Holloway is good. He always was good. He's improved yes, but the same could be said about conor.

Yes yes max wasnt good until he lost to conor he was a total can before that.

Holloway is good. He always was good. He's improved yes, but the same could be said about conor.

I'm pretty sure you're not as dense as you're pretending to be.

I'm pretty sure in reality you didn't miss the blatantly obvious point that if Aldo fought the green version of Max that Conor beat Aldo would've beaten him too.

"Best" and "Goat" are 2 different things.

Connor definitely doesn't have the resume to be FW Goat. And he left the division before verifying he could beat Frankie.
This. I'd favor Conor over any FW, but he's not close to being FW GOAT.
That's not how top 5 works dumb dumb. Rocky Marciano and Muhammad Ali are on everyone's top 10 all time Heavyweight lists even though they'd lose if they fought a lot of guys throughout boxings history. It's respective to fighters greatness in their relative era.
Not all sports get better. That's a myth.

70's HW boxing was a lot deeper and more talented than boxing is today. George Foreman became HW champ when he was old and fat in the 90's. Ali beat a prime Foreman, who was an absolute destroyer of worlds.

HW boxing today is much closer to 90's quality than it is to 70's quality. The 70's was when the HW division peaked.

Build a time machine, and a number of those guys would be favorites to be HW champ today. I think you'd have to be out of your mind to favor any current HW over prime Foreman. Ali beat that guy. In fact, I'd favor prime Foreman over any boxer ever other than Ali.

Back