That was the first Sage fight I've seen and . . .

He is some boy with beach muscles, he looks so weak. I aint been impressed with any of his fights, all I seen is him win 29-28 decisions or he gets choked out. And they give him the most cherry picked garbage cans they can find and he still struggles. I would say he would struggle with CM Punk

How is training with midgets going to help him?

That team is for lower weight classes, which Sage is...And this is the camp that produced a 2 world champions and some really good talent...

I have a hard time understanding why you people keep bitching about Northcutt.

He's a bottom tier 155er. Out of the ~90 fighters at lightweight this current win puts him around 66th in the rankings.

He was the first fight on the main card of a Sunday Fight Night. It's not like he's headlining payperviews.

He has an endorsement deal with Reebok, so the UFC has to give him some exposure to justify it. It's a business decision.

Should he have been given more time to develop against lower competition? Yes. This is why the UFC needs a feeder league.

But he's here now, and he's still undefeated at lightweight. (Even though I think he actually lost this last fight).

So do you think the UFC should cut him, piss off Reebok and then have Bellator snap him up?

Or keep him around and let the 21 year old kid develop while fighting lower tier guys on prelims and Fight Nights?

There are almost 100 fighters in the 155 lb division. Are you saying that there is no point to having anyone below the top 20 sticking around? Do you want to cut 70-80 fighters?

I am continually amazed at how all these supposed "hardcore fans" still don't understand how things work.

Dude, have you seen his haircut?

He is some boy with beach muscles, he looks so weak. I aint been impressed with any of his fights, all I seen is him win 29-28 decisions or he gets choked out. And they give him the most cherry picked garbage cans they can find and he still struggles. I would say he would struggle with CM Punk

I more or less agree with you...He's in great shape, no doubt...But he's lacking in the skills necessary to be a successful fighter...this guy he just fought was a complete nobody and had a really tough time with him...many though sage lost the fight...This guy wasn't even a big puncher and he knocked sage down a couple of times...took sage down multiple times...his standup reminds me a bit of Faber's...hurky jerky movements...not that effective...plus, he can't seem to take a punch..gets hurt often...I don't ever seeing him getting in the top 10...Hope I'm wrong...

That team is for lower weight classes, which Sage is...And this is the camp that produced a 2 world champions and some really good talent...

And he is bigger than everyone else there. He needs to train against bigger, stronger fighters.

I suppose if you split the weight classes into two groups, then yeah, 155 is in the smaller group.

I'd rather he be training with guys who fight at 170 and 185 so he won't be taken down and held down so easily in the future.

making career predictions for a pro fighter based on seeing only one fight?

seems legit.

Agreed.

Sage is a nice dude and good for him for making all this money, but he doesn't look like champ material.

Sage is so young and raw as fighter. Pretty hard to write him off at this point. Not too mention he is in a very skilled deep division.

Let's also not forget up until this fight Sage's father was more or less running the show for Sage as far as training goes.

I think at Alpha Male over the next year he'll make some leaps and bounds in his actual skill set.

Nah he's just calling it like it is, and the fact that you're so triggered by the truth means you're either a shill, or Sage's boyfriend.

Noone is upset at him personally. He seems like a respectful good mannered kid, props to him for pursuing something he likes. The resetment is in the fact that the UFC hype machine is behind him full force, doing everything in their power to try to prop him up.

Stop trying to help him with favorable matchups just because you think he''s "more marketable", and give him a fair shake like any other fighter on the roster.

Maybe they, like you, recognize he’s not ready for a big step up in competition. What you call favorable matchups are simply appropriate given where he is in his career.

its weird with sage. i dont hate on the guy and think hes doin just fine. hes fighting the people he should be and isnt getting overly pushed or shoved down anyones throats as the next big thing. he just has a decent fan base because of his personality and the way his locals picked up to support him. i thought he won this last fight too. iv never seen sherdog try to defend someone refusing to throw strikes before. he wasnt even trying to out grapple sage, he was holding on for dear life. same reason tate got the nod over liz carmouche

were it gets weird is when i see how much money he makes compared to some of the veterans. i understand why, asses in seats gets you paid, but i dont have to like it.
So in other words you don’t think he should be in the ufc yet

He's a child winning fights in the UFC against bottom end UFC talent. They aren't bringing in locals for him to beat up, these are guys who were already in the organization, just the bottom end of it.

He should have been given a few more years of regional shows and skill improvement before he got here and he's still staying afloat

I'm not saying the kid is a future champion or anything stupid like that but people have to take into account that going 5-2 in the UFC at 21 years old is legitimately impressive

He's not Jon Jones, he's not even Rory Macdonald, but he's also not trash either

I know this is a difficult concept for Sherdog but there is something between unbeatable world champion and trash

And he is bigger than everyone else there. He needs to train against bigger, stronger fighters.

I suppose if you split the weight classes into two groups, then yeah, 155 is in the smaller group.

I'd rather he be training with guys who fight at 170 and 185 so he won't be taken down and held down so easily in the future.

I see your point...but I think his daddy controls much of what he does...he goes there, cause he lives near by...He gets taken down way too easy...so he needs to train with bigger guys...very true.

That French dude was robbed. Floored Sage about 3 or 4 times and completely controlled the grappling.
Another "home town" decision like Lyoto beating Anders.

All rise. The Court of Sherdog is now in session, the Honorable Judge Lance Ito presiding

This. What gets me is the homoerotica - why is he even been brought up in all these threads and not all the other 80 u/k fighters at LW?

The perfect body ... no skill

no homo

Back