That was the first Sage fight I've seen and . . .

That French dude was robbed. Floored Sage about 3 or 4 times and completely controlled the grappling.
Another "home town" decision like Lyoto beating Anders.

"Controlled the grappling" = "Got the double-leg and held it."

Guori did nothing with the takedowns and was outstruck by a huge margin.

I don't see him ever being top 10. Ever. Never. I thought he would be better.

Dude is far more a product of hype than actual skill.

I'm all for bringing up a fighter with caution, but damn, that has to be the most padded, weakest 5-2 UFC record of all time.

I predict a loss every single time he steps up in competition. Yeah, he is young, but I just don't see him competing well against top grapplers OR top strikers. He seems to be a average AT BEST at both.

Gatekeeper at best, but the UFC will keep him around as long as they can.

And if he ever starts to have a hard time making 155, he will get crushed at 170.
I completely agree with you, those were damn near my exact words while watching it, honestly I think he's in the wrong job.

And a question, has there been any other fighter that started out so young and got wobbled as much as he, but went on to become top drawer?

Also, good luck to him in whatever he does, I have nothing against him

NOT NOW. NOT EVER.

hqdefault.jpg

hes got solid striking. he understands how to throw straight punches, he has multiple kicks he throws. the dude is FAST. i remember they said somthing on the broadcast before the fight or somthing and i was thinking"yeah......sure he is. just like everyone else at 155.". but damn hes got some speed. he seems strong aswell.

his grappling could use some work but whos cant?. hes got a decent double leg on him aswell, this isnt the first person sages has blast doubled off there feet. but yeah hes getting away with murder sometimes because of how athletic he is. i also disagree about his chin. he didnt show the best defense but he was Cracked with that over hand. like clean. even if that guy isnt known as a puncher that was a KO/TKO shot on some guys.

hes got a solid future. hes got alot of tools to work with despite still being green.

Dude was getting rocked with jabs from mickey "the cm punk slayer" gall.

Not enough chin. I hope he does well and cheer for him in fights, but he is a smart guy and shouldn't be risking his long term brain health for a bunch of savages to root against him because they know he could fuck their girl, their mom and their dad. Hope he gets into action movies of some sort. Has the right "look".

Dude was getting rocked with jabs from mickey "the cm punk slayer" gall.
not sure i agree with that but its been awhile since i seen it. mickey did sit him on his butt with a nice separating from hook from the clinch.

I don't see him ever being top 10. Ever. Never. I thought he would be better.

Dude is far more a product of hype than actual skill.

I'm all for bringing up a fighter with caution, but damn, that has to be the most padded, weakest 5-2 UFC record of all time.

I predict a loss every single time he steps up in competition. Yeah, he is young, but I just don't see him competing well against top grapplers OR top strikers. He seems to be a average AT BEST at both.

Gatekeeper at best, but the UFC will keep him around as long as they can.

And if he ever starts to have a hard time making 155, he will get crushed at 170.

If his dad ever steps out of the way now that Northcutt is a college grad, he may still have a shot, but I don't see that ever happening.

Kid can't order a beer yet. Relax. By the time he's 26/27 he's going to be a problem.

The only thing I see derailing him is if he starts accumulating a lot of damage/miles early. Damage shortens careers.

But if he stays injury free and keeps progressing it's very easy to see him being a perennial top 10 guy for a decent amount of time

hes got solid striking. he understands how to throw straight punches, he has multiple kicks he throws. the dude is FAST. i remember they said somthing on the broadcast before the fight or somthing and i was thinking"yeah......sure he is. just like everyone else at 155.". but damn hes got some speed. he seems strong aswell.

his grappling could use some work but whos cant?. hes got a decent double leg on him aswell, this isnt the first person sages has blast doubled off there feet. but yeah hes getting away with murder sometimes because of how athletic he is. i also disagree about his chin. he didnt show the best defense but he was Cracked with that over hand. like clean. even if that guy isnt known as a puncher that was a KO/TKO shot on some guys.

hes got a solid future. hes got alot of tools to work with despite still being green.

He was rocked by a nobody...he's been almost ko'd and choked out a couple of fights ago...the guy gets rocked easy...and he gets taken down pretty easy...

He was rocked by a nobody...he's been almost ko'd and choked out a couple of fights ago...the guy gets rocked easy...and he gets taken down pretty easy...
im not sayin hes top 15 or 20. im not sayin hes a future champ. but if he wants to make some good money and win some ufc fights then good for him.

Sage isn't hungry enough and he's just doing it as a side gig while he makes big money with sponsorship.

So a kid is trying to do his best to be a UFC fighter isn't as great as the collective 'we' thinks he should be -given that he's barely out of effing diapers- and all people do here is sh!t on him.

I look forward to when Sage comes to your septic tank pumping job and criticizes you when you get too much dooty on your boots.

PS.

giphy.gif

Damn are you sage's dad or something lol

He was getting tagged with lefts over and over and over..looked horrible and undersized. Bad decision

Kid can't order a beer yet. Relax. By the time he's 26/27 he's going to be a problem.

The only thing I see derailing him is if he starts accumulating a lot of damage/miles early. Damage shortens careers.

But if he stays injury free and keeps progressing it's very easy to see him being a perennial top 10 guy for a decent amount of time

If he keeps getting hit like that, he will get overeemitis in his chin.

Sage just isn't tough enough to be a top fighter.

Don't get me wrong, anyone who is willing to let that cage door slam behind them is a lot tougher than me, but in mma terms he is soft.

Can't remember which loss it was but he started taking damage and gave up his back and exposed his neck for the easy RNC--he literally gave up, practically tapping before the choke was applied.

Doesn't have the fight or die spirit that top contenders need, at least not from what I've seen.

He sucks in comparison to lots of fighters, but it’s fun to watch him fight so who cares. There is a boat load of fighters on the roster who are no good either, and are necessary to keep to company going. As long as someone is out there banging bro, is all good.

Back