Media That Heinisch guy...

• Whines a lot about American prisons compared to spanish

Prison in the Canary Islands isn’t like prison in the U.S. They want you to get out and not come back. They want to fix you. I took Spanish lessons, learned about religion, philosophy and took whatever other classes I could. But the best thing about that prison was Lucha Canaria — Canarian wrestling. It’s a bit like MMA. The place I was in had a great program. The coach of the program was the father of the best Lucha Canaria fighter the island’s ever had. Coach was doing time for being caught with 50 kilos of coke.

Over the next year or so, I committed myself to Lucha Canaria. We trained in this old sand pit in the middle of the prison. It was some Gladiator-type setup. Stone seats circled the pit. All that. And the fighting is great. No weight classes. Just takedowns. If the opponent’s hand or knee touches, you win. Best-out-of-three. A few us were really, really good. So after a couple of months the prison brought in a local team. I beat every single one of them. I was in the paper the next morning.

I was sent to a new prison in Leon, Spain. When I got there Spanish authorities told me that if I agreed to not return to Europe for five years they would cut my sentence by a year. That ain’t no problem. I signed that deal quick. So I had one year left instead of two. I took kickboxing and more Spanish lessons. I discovered God, too. I learned the Bible in Spanish. I was finding myself, because I was given an opportunity to do so.

I’m not going to sit here and tell you it was all roses … but, man, the prison system over there makes so much more sense. I can’t speak for all European countries, but at least in Spain and in the Canary Islands they want you to earn your second chance — they want to better you.

Well, he does seem to have some genuine reasons for being so positive towards Canarian/Spanish prison. I mean, he basically credits them for turning his life around and preparing for his MMA career. That wouldn't have happened in the US.

He should have stuck with the Hispanic version of his nickname though, el huracán

Sounds like he did a bad thing and went to jail. Not that exciting to live behind bars.

Came out to halfway crooks on Saturday night. Tune.

edit: walked out to the cage, no closet shit

shiiiettt talk about a shitty life. This guy is a straight up criminal. Guys like him are classified as homo criminalis. Just a straight up thug and a potential psychopath. Ostensibly, dudes like him are charming but defin a bad apple. They are usually very charming, calculative, have delusions of grandeur and lacks empathy. The only way this man can be fixed is if he become a champion. If not, he will continue to inflict harm on others. What a seriously dangerous guy on both physical and psychological dimensions!

Interesting indeed.

If your scumbag comment is referring to the way he ended this piece, I understand it but I didn't read it that way at all. You know you have to add some "flair" to these things. That's how I took it. He sounded pretty humble about his experience IMO. Regardless, he's been through shit the majority of people will never experience and have come out of it with a great outlook on life. Kudos to him.

Scumbag drug dealer, blaming everything except himself. Sorry, hard to respect someone like him. And I'm assuming when he skipped bail, his mom lost the bail money? But yeah, medical system's at fault. Prison system's at fault.

At least god cares about him now.

6ft tall, athletic, clean cut, not ugly, blonde white guy. Boo hoo. The world was basically made for him to succeed. How do you fuck that up? By being the things I listed and knowing you’ll get multiple chances even if you screw up.

It's Hurricane season, mf'ers!

Back