Media That Heinisch guy...

Very interesting story.

Sounds like an asshole/scumbag though.
Interesting indeed.

If your scumbag comment is referring to the way he ended this piece, I understand it but I didn't read it that way at all. You know you have to add some "flair" to these things. That's how I took it. He sounded pretty humble about his experience IMO. Regardless, he's been through shit the majority of people will never experience and have come out of it with a great outlook on life. Kudos to him.

Cliffs:

• Kid gets expelled from high school and starts dealing ecstacy
  • Arrested at 19 years old
  • Posts bail and flees to Europe because he's scared of prison
  • While living in Tenerife he becomes a drug mule
  • Gets arrested and imprisoned in Tenerife
  • Learns Spanish, and lucha canaria (canary islands wrestling) in prison
  • Sent back to USA and arrested and thrown in jail on arrival
  • Gets out of jail and starts MMA careeer
  • Whines a lot about American prisons compared to spanish

Cliffs:

• Kid gets expelled from high school and starts dealing ecstacy
  • Arrested at 19 years old
  • Posts bail and flees to Europe because he's scared of prison
  • While living in Tenerife he becomes a drug mule
  • Gets arrested and imprisoned in Tenerife
  • Learns Spanish, and lucha canaria (canary islands wrestling) in prison
  • Sent back to USA and arrested and thrown in jail on arrival
  • Gets out of jail and starts MMA careeer
  • Whines a lot about American prisons compared to spanish
Thanks. Sounds like a turd.

Interesting indeed.

If your scumbag comment is referring to the way he ended this piece, I understand it but I didn't read it that way at all. You know you have to add some "flair" to these things. That's how I took it. He sounded pretty humble about his experience IMO. Regardless, he's been through shit the majority of people will never experience and have come out of it with a great outlook on life. Kudos to him.
Deals drugs to kids rather than getting a job in america, becomes drug mule rather than getting a job in spain, says stuff like 'you just lost to the future UFC champ' etc

Doesn't sound like a good humble guy

he seemed like a cool guy in the post fight interview lol

It's kinda Lee Murray like because it's very strange and interesting

Deals drugs to kids rather than getting a job in america, becomes drug mule rather than getting a job in spain, says stuff like 'you just lost to the future UFC champ' etc

Doesn't sound like a good humble guy

The humility is def not in his past actions (he def was a scumbag) but rather in the way he recounts his experience and his new outlook on life.

Hes lived alot.

In his last fight I knew this stuff already.

Generally people with addiction are easily fliped if shit in life goes wrong.

So in his last fight i was trully hoping he would do well.
No one wants to see people crash and burn in self loathing.

But I get the feeling from all ive read about him that it is very possible for him to go down a bad path if shit goes wrong.

Very interesting story.

Sounds like an asshole/scumbag though.
He was a young kid who was ostracized by people in our shitty school system and didn't have guidance. He made a mistake when he was young, didn't want to go to jail, fled the country like a stupid kid. Turned to alcohol to cope with his problems, obviously used it as a shitty method to deal with pre existing mental health issues. Did his time in Spain, and noted how prisons over there are used to help people turn their lives around instead of treating people like cabbages.

Got sent back to America and went to Rikers island where he was the only white guy awaiting trial. Was told he was going to die because he made a stupid mistake of punching the wrong guy. Made armor and shanks the night before he thought he was going to die, but was let out on probation and since has turned his life around and become a productive member of society. If he's a "turd" or "scumbag" then you two are stupid. People make mistakes and deserve to become better people.

I made this thread on the 15th

all good though!

awesome story

crazy story. after reading about his job while in europe, i have an idea of how he snuck the phone in to rikers

Incredible story. Dude can write. And boy does it sound like he was lucky he was caught in the Canary Islands.

Back