That Feeling Before Five Straight Days Of Work

Pay's not really worth it because I can't go home at night, I live on a ship so it's 24/7. Otherwise the pay is ok and I don't have to pay utilities, rent, food, etc, etc, i just bank it. It's a quick way to save money if one has few or no responsibilities...

I'm one of these assholes...the middle one...
a0108170810_HDR_zpssfg1z6lc.jpg

How did you get your start?

I ran girls for years where I was basically on call 24/7.

I feell you ts. Work your life away.

How did you get your start?

It's a common thing where I grew up. We have the world's largest limestone quarry. To start you apply for a twic card then mmd, once you have those you apply to companies or join the siu union.

It's a common thing where I grew up. We have the world's largest limestone quarry. To start you apply for a twic card then mmd, once you have those you apply to companies or join the siu union.

The work I do is drying up and I like long swings with nothing to spend it on.

The work I do is drying up and I like long swings with nothing to spend it on.

Pm me if you want more information, I'll try to respond quickly but I'm usually sleeping eating or working when we have internet service. I started at 0300 eastern (working now), will have my day in by 1100. Loading iron ore in Marquette mi.

Pm me if you want more information, I'll try to respond quickly but I'm usually sleeping eating or working when we have internet service. I started at 0300 eastern (working now), will have my day in by 1100. Loading iron ore in Marquette mi.

Cheers mate. I'm in Australia though. Originally was going for an exploration platform but no luck so I didn't renew my bosiet.

Am healing a broken arm at the moment so no hurry anyway. Will pm you though as I'd like to know more, always looking for something different.

i put 40 hours in in 4 days...sometimes more if i work a full 12 hour shift

and i work in a glass plant with no AC...with a kevlar sweater on

so you know...you could have it worse..

Pay's not really worth it because I can't go home at night, I live on a ship so it's 24/7. Otherwise the pay is ok and I don't have to pay utilities, rent, food, etc, etc, i just bank it. It's a quick way to save money if one has few or no responsibilities...

I'm one of these assholes...the middle one...
a0108170810_HDR_zpssfg1z6lc.jpg

How many flips in your crew?

For years I worked four tens.

Now that I'm on five eights, it's terrible. Once you're used to every weekend being three days, it's hard going back.

Don't get me started on the job I worked three twelves, that was paradise.
I'm on four tens now and love it. Only good thing about five eights is you're off early enough to get stuff done but nothing beats that three day weekend.

Cheers mate. I'm in Australia though. Originally was going for an exploration platform but no luck so I didn't renew my bosiet.

Am healing a broken arm at the moment so no hurry anyway. Will pm you though as I'd like to know more,

Minings good if your keen to do the whole 4/1 or 2/1 thing. Hardest bit is getting your foot in the door.

Minings good if your keen to do the whole 4/1 or 2/1 thing. Hardest bit is getting your foot in the door.

Cheers mate. I'm a FIFO man already 4:1 last 6 years. Love it but she's drying up(the great money at least) and I like to plan ahead.

Ah @DaleyChamp is back with his "whoa is me" threads. It used to be about how pathetic you were with women, rivaling @Goonerview's work. Now it's about complaining about working 5 days a week? Something damn near every adult does?

"Whoa" is me?"
<{boneytears}>

Also how are you gonna mention posters who suck with women and not mention me?

Back