That Feeling Before Five Straight Days Of Work

Been on night shift for almost a month now working 10-12 hour shifts, mostly 12s, seven days a week.

So I don't know what to tell you.

Been on night shift for almost a month now working 10-12 hour shifts, mostly 12s, seven days a week.

So I don't know what to tell you.
Fuck bro, you're gonna die. Is that even legal? The shift workers at my office work like 3 nights/days then get a day off.

I'd love to complain about my M-F 8/4 job but I won't, since it's more me hating it than it sucking that's the issue.

Before we exported nurses, filipino seamen(heh) were our main commodity export.

Funny you should ask, the last ship I was on had 2. The one I'm currently on has none. We have a Jamaican...

Fuck bro, you're gonna die. Is that even legal? The shift workers at my office work like 3 nights/days then get a day off.

I'd love to complain about my M-F 8/4 job but I won't, since it's more me hating it than it sucking that's the issue.

Working for the gov't, so it's pretty legal haha. One would think you'd at least get some sort of tax break with shit like this, but nooooope. :oops:

It's not too bad once you get in the routine and get adequate sleep.

How many flips in your crew?
Wife has a cousin who makes bank as a filipino semen, but he supports like 37 lazy relatives who view him as a hero and see me as a complete POS for not sharing my $1000 a month with them...lol. It's forced direct deposit for all family men on his boat to insure they don't blow it all on hookers and booze.

Just start doing this monday morning it will turn the 5 days into 4
<JRSmith40>

I worked 6 days a week for years, usually 10-12 hour shifts. Having a occasional 5 day work week, and a 2 day weekend was like a slice of heaven.

I like work so I can't relate at all. I don't have a boss though, so that helps.

Funny to see a Marxist like @M3t4tr0n liking that OP though. Who would have thought he was lazy?

A friend of mine calls it the sunday night blues

I do not really get it, as I just hit up p0rn sites and have a good fwap before bed and am all good

Damn! I don't lurk as much as I use to so I don't know your background, but the posters here are busting your balls!

In reality we would all jump at the chance to quit our jobs but still have a nice salary!!

I get you TS. I like my job and I'm compensated well but every Monday there's that brief moment where I think "wish I hit the lottery jackpot so I can blah blah blah".

It's normal but just try to stay motivated or if get it's too bad maybe a new job is what you need.

Key imo is to make work as comfortable as possible.

First thing I'd do as a leader would be to make 4 day work weeks a thing.

Damn! I don't lurk as much as I use to so I don't know your background, but the posters here are busting your balls!

In reality we would all jump at the chance to quit our jobs but still have a nice salary!!

I get you TS. I like my job and I'm compensated well but every Monday there's that brief moment where I think "wish I hit the lottery jackpot so I can blah blah blah".

It's normal but just try to stay motivated or if get it's too bad maybe a new job is what you need.
Look at the threads started by DaleyChamp and the ball busting will all make sense.

I call that having a bad job. I've had many of those. Drinking is usually a good distraction.

For years I worked four tens.

Now that I'm on five eights, it's terrible. Once you're used to every weekend being three days, it's hard going back.

Don't get me started on the job I worked three twelves, that was paradise.

Honestly, I'm the exact opposite of this. I'd honestly rather work 6 days a week and less hours one day. Preferably, I'd do 4 weekdays at 8 hours, one weekday at 4 hours, and squeeze in 4 hours over the weekend. I like having time to do something everyday and I also hate coming back to work after a long weekend.

Honestly, I'm the exact opposite of this. I'd honestly rather work 6 days a week and less hours one day. Preferably, I'd do 4 weekdays at 8 hours, one weekday at 4 hours, and squeeze in 4 hours over the weekend. I like having time to do something everyday and I also hate coming back to work after a long weekend.
You know people are allowed to have hobbies. When on vacation, do you just sit in your room, staring at the wall until it's time to go back to work?

You know people are allowed to have hobbies. When on vacation, do you just sit in your room, staring at the wall until it's time to go back to work?

I probably have more hobbies than most, and that's why I dread a 10-12 hour day. I want to be able to have time to myself everyday and time to enjoy those hobbies. Going into the office for a few hours over the weekend isn't bad at all to me, especially if I get it out of the way with the morning coffee. It leaves the rest of your day wide open.

You're whining about 5 straight days of work? You pussy.

I work that literally every week barring things like Memorial Day, 4th of July so on and so forth. Last week with years I was on the Xmas skeleton crew.

Back