Text or phone call.

Depends on the family member. I always speak with my mom. Others meh.

I prefer a phone call to a text more often than not. Something that can be quickly covered in a 1 minute conversation is often dragged out by playing text tag for thirty fucking minutes which infuriates me...

Texting is great because I can reply when I have time.

I'm always in the middle of something, so when people call me I have to stop what I'm doing to answer the phone. Most of the time I don't even answer anymore if I have my hands full.

If it's every day mundane stuff I prefer it over text.
If they want to talk about something else I'm all for a call.

Text everyone but my brother who lives out of state.

I love answering a random phone call from a friend

If it's my girlfriend, a call. Or if it's my sister from out of state. I don't really need to talk to anyone else on the phone. I see my friends and family regularly.

I'm pretty much calls only, I don't even have text service on my phone.
If it's work related or not urgent I have email, I'll check it sometime during the day and get back to you.

txt first. If you want to talk, txt me first with what you'd like to talk about.

This is what I tend to do when I want to talk to someone. I text asking them to call when they have time. I hate to bother people with a phone call. I'm retired so it doesn't bother when they call me.

Older family member I usually use talk.

Everyone else mostly text. Sometimes we send voice recordings via messaging apps if it's gonna be long. It's just easier if it's not time sensitive.

I have notifications off so if it’s something important i prefer a phone call.

Back