Terence Crawford vs Manny Pacquiao

It wasn't the goats milk it was the balut that he ate (formed chicken inside an egg). There are definitely some question marks about what Alex Ariza was putting in his protein shakes (My guess is anavar or turinabol) either through incredibly lucky genetics or possible steroids he maintained his strength and explosiveness at higher weight divisions. Regardless of steroids he was naturally tough and athletic if somewhat raw as a boxer. After the knockout he became a more pure boxer relying more on counterpunching to force an opponent back and then unloading trademark flurries when he had them stuck on the ropes.
Mike Tyson was an incredibly skilled boxer, but people mistake his powerful attacks for a lack of talent, his head movement and punch timing was impeccable, Manny never had much headmovement and instead blocked most punches with his face, he made up for his lack of defensive skills by using an unwaivering attack as his defense.

Pacquiao used to have head movement at featherweight if you remember he would bob and weave like that cartoon Ippo side to side with his gloves up.

Pacquiao used to have head movement at featherweight if you remember he would bob and weave like that cartoon Ippo side to side with his gloves up.

Pacquiao's headmovement at that weight was more a formality than an actually defense he just bobbed around to be a harder target he really had no idea how to use that to protect himself when the punches came, he also got TKO'd from body shots twice in his early career if I remember correctly.

Pacquiao's headmovement at that weight was more a formality than an actually defense he just bobbed around to be a harder target he really had no idea how to use that to protect himself when the punches came, he also got TKO'd from body shots twice in his early career if I remember correctly.

In Thailand he failed to make the 112 pound limit and was already walking around at 140 pounds, he succumbed in that fight from the body punches and blistering heat plus the Thais refused to let him gain more than 5 pounds or something like that, it was hard to watch dude could have died from dehydration plus when you lack water in your system if they hit your head a lot the brain will swell he is lucky the thai fighter didnt continue bashing his head, but he needed money to feed his family dude was dirt poor.

In Thailand he failed to make the 112 pound limit and was already walking around at 140 pounds, he succumbed in that fight from the body punches and blistering heat plus the Thais refused to let him gain more than 5 pounds or something like that, it was hard to watch dude could have died from dehydration plus when you lack water in your system if they hit your head a lot the brain will swell he is lucky the thai fighter didnt continue bashing his head, but he needed money to feed his family dude was dirt poor.

I don't think the heat would have been an issue tbh, I've lived in the Philippines and Thailand and the Philippines to me was far hotter and humid than Thailand was.

Back