Ten Greatest NFL Players of All-Time

color me a cowboy hater, but I dont know the emmitt is a top 10 rb of all time. wasnt his fault, but put him on any other team that didnt have that line and see how good he was. swap him and barry and barry is the undisputed GOAT and Emmitt is a borderline hall of famer

I totally agree about Barry being much better, but Emmitt was durable and racked up more yards than anyone so I think he's gotta be somewhere in the top 10

I got slaughtered by everyone in the Brady is GOAT thread for suggesting that he's the luckiest QB in history for ending up with Belichek and the Pats when he did. I don't think he's the best I've seen either, but he and Emmitt took full advantage of their situation and did it well for so long that you can't ignore it despite how much help they had

I totally agree about Barry being much better, but Emmitt was durable and racked up more yards than anyone so I think he's gotta be somewhere in the top 10

I got slaughtered by everyone in the Brady is GOAT thread for suggesting that he's the luckiest QB in history for ending up with Belichek and the Pats when he did. I don't think he's the best I've seen either, but he and Emmitt took full advantage of their situation and did it well for so long that you can't ignore it despite how much help they had
emmitt was gifted at hitting the hole and hitting it hard. fortunately for him, that line opened up gaping holes. its certainly not his fault he had the best line ever, but put him on a team with an average line and his yards are much harder to come by.

as for brady, i am torn on whether or not he is the goat. he may have had an advantage of Belichek, but at the same time he never had a dominant receiver (Moss notwithstanding) and made average receivers seem great.

Back