Temperature in office

How hot would you let it get in your workplace/office before you said screw it and go home? I work in an IT shop and the air conditioning has been out since last Friday. It's currently 90 degrees in the part of the office Im in, and there is no reason, except for spite from management not to let us work from home. All through out last week it hovered around 85-90 in the office too. What do you think, should I ride it out or tell management to kick rocks?

Also forgot to mention, OSHA standards for workplace temperatures seem intentionally vague....
Most commercial properties have a "building standard" go things like temp, usually 70-76 degrees. Anything outside of that and you ought be clear to leave.

I work outside usually, and prefer it.

If you complain about the heat you're the bitch of the crew.

It's one thing to say "it's fuckin hot", everyone will agree..

But "this is too hot I'm going home!", that's like admitting you like it in the butt around blue collar workers.

Office jobs are cool if that's what you like, but I don't like listening to people who work in offices complain about the temperature of the A.C. I guess I'll see myself out of this thread

I have worked in so many offices with crappy air con.

Last summer i did a couple of days in shorts and then worked from home.

Be clear that it is affecting your work as opposed to just being uncomfortable.

I wouldn't deal with that nonsense for multiple days. If working conditions for an office are going to be that poor, they should have found some way to mitigate the situation. It's about 72 degrees in my office right now and I still have my fan going since I have a window seat and the sun makes it a wee bit warmer.

Last time there were any type of AC issues that couldn't be rectified within 2 hours, they let all of us with VPN just bail and remote in.

But "this is too hot I'm going home!", that's like admitting you like it in the butt around blue collar workers

Yeah but outside jobs allow appropriate clothing.

Long pants, long sleeve shirt no air con no breeze is just silly and unproductive.

If there is better options they should be deployed if not well buck up.

Yeah but outside jobs allow appropriate clothing.

Long pants, long sleeve shirt no air con no breeze is just silly and unproductive.

If there is better options they should be deployed if not well buck up.
Well if you're doing work outside you're generally in pants too. But yeah I agree, its really stupid to have everyone walking around in shirt and ties when it's hot outside. There's no reason they can't allow black or blue shorts and a plain white t shirt.

Other than to be fucks, which is why I don't have interest in those types of jobs. Plus id get fat if I sat in a chair all day.

But "this is too hot I'm going home!", that's like admitting you like it in the butt around blue collar workers.

Office jobs are cool if that's what you like, but I don't like listening to people who work in offices complain about the temperature of the A.C. I guess I'll see myself out of this thread
Ive already had my fair share of outside jobs, working outside until I puked etc. Fuck that noise, Im too much of an old fancy lad for that now, so please sir dont get the rest of us dusty with your solid black lunch pail.

Back