Temperature in office

Scott Parker 27

Your Mom's Box
@Brown
Reaction score
How hot would you let it get in your workplace/office before you said screw it and go home? I work in an IT shop and the air conditioning has been out since last Friday. It's currently 90 degrees in the part of the office Im in, and there is no reason, except for spite from management not to let us work from home. All through out last week it hovered around 85-90 in the office too. What do you think, should I ride it out or tell management to kick rocks?

Also forgot to mention, OSHA standards for workplace temperatures seem intentionally vague....

Last edited:
They should let you go home that is unacceptable working conditions if youre in it... not like you're in a construction zone or warehouse right .

its been out since friday?

i wouldve just got one of those portable air conditioners, your boss can get them for like $300

came in to complain about how girls always complain about it being cold instead of just putting on a sweater, pisses me off.

If our AC is out, it is fixed within an hour or two. I don't think we'd be here past 85 degrees.

Same thing happened to me last week (also in IT) I went to an office with a laptop that had AC and remoted into my computer. Problem solved.

Glad I don't work in a shitty office where the AC goes out.

Glad I don't work in a shitty office where the AC goes out.
Tell me about it. As soon as I heard from the maintence dude say, "We have to order parts to fix it", I knew we were fucked for a while.

Summer in the offer is too cold because people go mental with the AC. Can't wait for the winter when it gets warmer in the office.

My office is freezing cold all year. I share a wall with a huge -80 freezer, that might have something to do with it, although I'm sure that thing is insulated very well.

How hot would you let it get in your workplace/office before you said screw it and go home? I work in an IT shop and the air conditioning has been out since last Friday. It's currently 90 degrees in the part of the office Im in, and there is no reason, except for spite from management not to let us work from home. All through out last week it hovered around 85-90 in the office too. What do you think, should I ride it out or tell management to kick rocks?

Also forgot to mention, OSHA standards for workplace temperatures seem intentionally vague....

90 + temps with i.t. equipment there? that's just plain stupid. the people in charge of your work environment should know better.

I work in a clinic/hospital. My office is actually too cold sometimes, which is surprising because I usually prefer cold over hot any day. Even my patients sometimes say my office is too cold. I even have a giant window with natural light coming in and it still can get chili. It sucks when I'm charting for hours straight and plan to workout after work. I feel like it takes my body forever to warmup and get ready to train.

My office is freezing cold all year. I share a wall with a huge -80 freezer, that might have something to do with it, although I'm sure that thing is insulated very well.

Essentially that wall has the best insulation known to man.

You need to email the facilities manager in admin, I won't say his name, just to get on record that you notified the correct person that working conditions are unacceptable. CC your shitface boss, whose name I also will leave out, in that email.

After that, email shitface again and ask if you can either finish out the day at home or have him find you another office in the building. If he denies both, go to executive and let them know that he is becoming a constant legal liability. You can let them know about him reading everyone's emails too. I'm sure AW can audit the server, even the cloud server, and find proof he did that.

All your problems are solved after that.

Any guy who has to wear a suit and tie during the summer months I feel for. Men have to wear the dumbest clothes to work.

A fucking tie when it's 90 degrees out is the dumbest idea known to man

Back