Teddy Atlas gone from ESPN PBP

ProBoxingInsidr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This is a post from Rick Glaser on his Facebook. Not sure about the replacements, but I certainly won't miss Teddy on the broadcasts

RG- A confidential New York based source has told me that the situation at ESPN Boxing with Teddy Atlas not announcing is not just for this Saturday night, but a new look going forward for ESPN Boxing. The new announcers are going to be both writer Mark Kriegle, and former Champ Tim Bradley. The source went on to say that Teddy Atlas will be assigned to special boxing assignments and ESPN Sports Center for boxing related stories and interviews. Also was told that ESPN and Atlas just entered into a new contract, so maybe this is all part of ESPN furthering their boxing programming, and utilizing Atlas in the overall bigger picture for the network. Interesting development, but I clearly can't see Mark Kriegle and Tim Bradley helping ESPN Boxing ratings. So, let's look forward to what Teddy Atlas brings to the table in boxing for ESPN, as Teddy is passionate, candid, extremely knowledgeable, very credible, and isn't afraid to ask the hard questions. Let's hope Mark Kriegle and Tim Bradley don't put us to sleep while we're are watching the fights, and let's hope ESPN allows "Teddy to be Teddy"

giphy.gif

Fuck off, Teddy. Thanks for all the years of shitty commentary.

Teddy “I’ve already got my scorecard filled in after 1 round” atlas is definitely not a loss on commentary. Tim Bradley is a little too far the other way, they’ll find that out soon enough.

Teddy “I’ve already got my scorecard filled in after 1 round” atlas is definitely not a loss on commentary. Tim Bradley is a little too far the other way, they’ll find that out soon enough.

Bradley is brain damaged but the least boxing owes him is a commentator paycheck. So even if he sounds drunk and calls non-asian fighters "Japanzes" I will still support him since he gave up his higher brain function to entertain me.

i have never really cared for atlas on commentary, though it isnt his passion i necessarily dislike. his commentary on the horn-pacquiao fight is where i was completely done with him. he was so far up manny's ass, he needed the jaws of life to get out. it was just totally absurd and you would have thought he was in manny's corner. like you said, he picks his guy and rolls with him no matter what. and i thought manny won, but hated his call on it.

with bradley, who knows. he is still learning and can get better as he goes. i doubt it, but who knows

Wish it was not Bradley replacing him. Do not like him, Ward, Hopkins, Lennox, among others on the Mic. Way to boring

i have never really cared for atlas on commentary, though it isnt his passion i necessarily dislike. his commentary on the horn-pacquiao fight is where i was completely done with him. he was so far up manny's ass, he needed the jaws of life to get out. it was just totally absurd and you would have thought he was in manny's corner. like you said, he picks his guy and rolls with him no matter what. and i thought manny won, but hated his call on it.

with bradley, who knows. he is still learning and can get better as he goes. i doubt it, but who knows

HORN IS MELTING!!! HE'S MELTING IS THE SUN!! HE'S MELTING IN THE AUSTRALIAN SUN!! HE'S MELTING IN THE OUTBACKS BLAZING SUN!!! HE'S WITHERING AND MELTING IN THE LIGHT OF THE AUSTRALIAN SUN!!!

Dude just lost his mind in that fight.

HORN IS MELTING!!! HE'S MELTING IS THE SUN!! HE'S MELTING IN THE AUSTRALIAN SUN!! HE'S MELTING IN THE OUTBACKS BLAZING SUN!!! HE'S WITHERING AND MELTING IN THE LIGHT OF THE AUSTRALIAN SUN!!!

that's what happens when you spend all day building houses, you melt. in the australian sun. Where was I again? I'm gonna go threaten somebody over a innocuous comment.

did I mention I hate fighters that aren't from the US?

Andre Ward would've been perfect. Hbo terminated his contract in August too :(

I was going to say the same thing.

Lol it amuses me just how easily I read that in his voice.

Wow, and I just stopped believing in Santa Claus.

Good riddance. Teddy has been driving fans away from the sport for the past few years.

Good riddance. Teddy has been driving fans away from the sport for the past few years.

Will you start believing in the easterbunny if Harod Letterman Retires

Dude knows more about boxing than most commentators. He just doesn't shy away from criticizing boxers, which somehow earns him scorn.

yea, he is totally old school boxing. it may be liked by some old time fans, but i just cant see a 15 year old kid tuning into boxing for the first time, seeing Atlas on there and saying "wow, i gotta start watching this boxing!"

Thats where the UFC initially succeeded with Rogan. He was different than the buttoned up broadcasters from other sports and came to it from a "cool" angle. and it worked as the ufc became popular for kids. Boxing needs to try a different approach as well. getting rid of atlas was a good first step

yea, he is totally old school boxing. it may be liked by some old time fans, but i just cant see a 15 year old kid tuning into boxing for the first time, seeing Atlas on there and saying "wow, i gotta start watching this boxing!"

Thats where the UFC initially succeeded with Rogan. He was different than the buttoned up broadcasters from other sports and came to it from a "cool" angle. and it worked as the ufc became popular for kids. Boxing needs to try a different approach as well. getting rid of atlas was a good first step

It has nothing to do with Atlas being old school. He's just plain atrocious.

He's like Kellerman on steroids...except he won't shut up after getting called out on his bullshit, he goes into overdrive.

Watch the last Beterbiev fight on ESPN to get what I mean.

Back