Teddy Atlas gone from ESPN PBP

giphy.gif

Will you start believing in the easterbunny if Harod Letterman Retires
Who will tells us who whacked the other guy in the previous round? Who will inform us which fighter is a bigger puncher while ignoring actual scoring criteria?

yea, he is totally old school boxing. it may be liked by some old time fans, but i just cant see a 15 year old kid tuning into boxing for the first time, seeing Atlas on there and saying "wow, i gotta start watching this boxing!"

Thats where the UFC initially succeeded with Rogan. He was different than the buttoned up broadcasters from other sports and came to it from a "cool" angle. and it worked as the ufc became popular for kids. Boxing needs to try a different approach as well. getting rid of atlas was a good first step
Get Shannon Biggs and adrien broner on commentary.

Glad Tim is making money legit good guy

It has nothing to do with Atlas being old school. He's just plain atrocious.

He's like Kellerman on steroids...except he won't shut up after getting called out on his bullshit, he goes into overdrive.

Watch the last Beterbiev fight on ESPN to get what I mean.
i said he was atrocious in my other posts as well. read those

I did, but that "old school" comment caught me off guard. Old school usually means professionalism, Atlas just blatantly shills.
no i mean in that ihe seems like a guy that has been in gyms for 1000 years and is completely out of touch with anything outside of it. he is far from professional.

Teddy was decent.....about 20 years ago.
I always like the Teddy/Tess dynamic on FNF over the years, but that ship has sailed.

Watching FS1 boxing now with Ray Flores though is no better. Guy's a robot.

Ex professional fighter? He needs the money.
Unless he’s spending cash like a maniac he could live large for the rest of his life off the pacquiao fights. Not everyone bankrolls all their “friends” buys pet tigers or puts out a rap album.

you gotta take Teddy,flaws and all. That's better than listening to Bradley for me.

Back