Teddy Atlas Goes Bezerk and has an on air Meltdown over Boxing Corruption

He did kinda look like a guy whose dog just got hit by a car

Wonder how he'd act if something really bad happened to him

Boxing is about hitting and not getting hit. It's just that simple. In that department, the rounds were very close. Not sure why is he so mad

I love Teddy's passion for boxing, he should head one of those alphabet organizations and get rid of corruption.

Boxing is about hitting and not getting hit. It's just that simple. In that department, the rounds were very close. Not sure why is he so mad
He is so furious because of Byrd's score but his anger blanketed the whole situation and raised the issue of corruption in boxing as a whole.

He is so furious because of Byrd's score but his anger blanketed the whole situation and raised the issue of corruption in boxing as a whole.

I'm not corrupt and i had no horse in this fight, but i gave Canelo 8 rounds. Some of thouse 8 rounds though i thought could have went to either guy.

Don't you think the fight was very hard to score? For example:

There were some rounds where GGG was walking forward, putting pressure, throwing a lot of punches that didn't quite land flush, but then Canelo would unleash a vicious combination and you would hear the punches land hard. like GGG's wouldn't land. Don't you think it's very debatable which approach is more valuable?

The rounds were very busy. Loads and loads of action. Both were landing, both were having their moments. The vast majority were very close rounds.

I suspect certain people might have scored to GGG a lot of punches that didn't quite land. Just like they did with Floyd's opponents. Canelo and Floyd roll with punches in a way that might seem they're getting hit but they aren't. I saw a lot of that in this fight. Watching certain trades in slow motion can be very interesting and can change perspectives.

I'm not corrupt and i had no horse in this fight, but i gave Canelo 8 rounds. Some of thouse 8 rounds though i thought could have went to either guy.

Don't you think the fight was very hard to score? For example:

There were some rounds where GGG was walking forward, putting pressure, throwing a lot of punches that didn't quite land flush, but then Canelo would unleash a vicious combination and you would hear the punches land hard. like GGG's wouldn't land. Don't you think it's very debatable which approach is more valuable?

The rounds were very busy. Loads and loads of action. Both were landing, both were having their moments. The vast majority were very close rounds.

I suspect certain people might have scored to GGG a lot of punches that didn't quite land. Just like they did with Floyd's opponents. Canelo and Floyd roll with punches in a way that might seem they're getting hit but they aren't. I saw a lot of that in this fight. Watching certain trades in slow motion can be very interesting and can change perspectives.
I think I'll go with some suggestions that adding 2 more judges will make the result even more convincing, like 3 vs. 2

Teddy is twit but he is stating what a lot of people are thinking. People thought canelo vs Chavez was staged and fake only to have WWE moments where GGG comes out knowing damn well who the winner was. Now you have a fucked up score card and a draw that would make you buy the fight again when the majority of people all ready know GGG won.

I don't believe in this conspiracy but playing devils advocate you can see how people put things together

Teddy is twit but he is stating what a lot of people are thinking. People thought canelo vs Chavez was staged and fake only to have WWE moments where GGG comes out knowing damn well who the winner was. Now you have a fucked up score card and a draw that would make you buy the fight again when the majority of people all ready know GGG won.

I don't believe in this conspiracy but playing devils advocate you can see how people put things together
No one thinks that. Who is saying that?

I think I'll go with some suggestions that adding 2 more judges will make the result even more convincing, like 3 vs. 2

I don't think it will matter that much. People will still bitch about decisions on a regular basis.

One thing so many people underestimate is the simple power of perspective. From where are you watching the fight? Most people watch it on TV. Judges watch it in person, close to the ring. Basically, you and the judges don't see the same thing. And people can argue about this all they want, but it's just a fact. Don't you think the angle threw each you watch a fight can change your opinion of it? I think it can. A LOT. There are a lot of shit that you simply can't see and understand on TV. The angles aren't great and you don't quite feel and hear the impact like the people who are next to the ring.

I think it's easier and much more fun to simply point the finger at people and call them corrupt because we don't agree with them. That's the laziest path to justify what we don't understand. And there is corruption in boxing, for sure. But that doesn't change the validity of the points i made. People simply discard them because it's more fun to them to make serious accusations, rather than try to be sensible and understand all the possibilities.

... simple power of perspective. From where are you watching the fight? Most people watch it on TV. Judges watch it in person, close to the ring.
That's the point, a perspective coming from more than 3 pairs of eyes, and it doesn't matter where people watch it, because they're not the ones judging. We are talking of judges here, closest to the ring. I don't argue about how I scored the fight, but the number of appointees seeing it which might make sense. Trying something that might work is better than not doing anything about the issue.

Teddy's score was as ridiculous as Byrd's.

eh, I don't buy that. There's not some weird conspiracy everytime a popular fighter loses. For everyone saying that scorecard is bad (which it is) there's 10 totally different scorecards floating around. I've seen everything from 118/110 Golovkin (as bad as Byrd's card) to 116/112 Canelo from literally dozens of different posters.

This eras combat sports fans, unfortunately, are a bunch of spoiled crybabies.
Doesn't it bother you that judging in the sport of boxing is so completely subjective and that the judge's scorecards can essentially be randomized by an algorithm and that they would potentially be as accurate as actual judges supposedly doing their best? The outrage is justified if one cares about this sport at all.

Back