Teddy Atlas Goes Bezerk and has an on air Meltdown over Boxing Corruption

And so is Oscar. Whats your point?
The thread isn't about Oscar.

Its about Teddy Atlas, a guy who has repeatedly talked about how boxing "has let him down" in the past doing his best to turn fans away from it. The guy is clearly looking for a conspiracy angle with every single fight. Sometimes he even does it during fights he's commentating on, talking about how someone is going to get robbed before the fight is half over.

Oscar is a promoter. If you expect him to say anything other than the guy he promotes won, then I don't know what to say. Golovkin's promoters are doing the same thing.

It was a fantastic fight, and I'm ok with a draw...

Canelo is phenomenal fighter and like I've always said he's the most improved fighter in the game.

118-110 is on par with 114-114 (Canelo vs Mayweather)

My issue is with this card and the dumbfu*ks here who think this was a clear cut win for Canelo.

Obviously, you and others don't fit this mold.
I had canelo winning by a round but if there's anything this fight didn't have, its a clear winner.

People OK with the result aren't looking for online polls to fill out.

Online polls? These are people who put their name out there and were at the fight. Respectable people who have scored fights for years. The fact that Dan Rafael, Brian Campbell, Lederman, Bernstein, etc. had it 8-4 for Golovkin tells me what I need to know. Of course you are going to invalidate that by finding a bad scorecard they had in the past or something. The overwhelming majority of people saw Golovkin winning.

I'm not OK with the result because I'm sick of garbage like this. If Byrd scored it 6-6 and the fight was a draw, would I still be pissed? Yeah, I would. But it bothers me that she can score it 118-110 and fools will actually believe she "just had a bad night". It's impossible to score that 10-2. You will continue to buy the PPVs and make them money.

I had the fight 7-5 for Golovkin though I have no issue with a draw. What I find funny is people praising Canelo for a great fight. The dude came in with every advantage in the world due to his popularity and still couldn't manage a win. The spin on his performance from his fan boys, or better yet GGG haters, is funny.

Online polls? These are people who put their name out there and were at the fight. Respectable people who have scored fights for years. The fact that Dan Rafael, Brian Campbell, Lederman, Bernstein, etc. had it 8-4 for Golovkin tells me what I need to know. Of course you are going to invalidate that by finding a bad scorecard they had in the past or something. The overwhelming majority of people saw Golovkin winning.

I'm not OK with the result because I'm sick of garbage like this. If Byrd scored it 6-6 and the fight was a draw, would I still be pissed? Yeah, I would. But it bothers me that she can score it 118-110 and fools will actually believe she "just had a bad night". It's impossible to score that 10-2. You will continue to buy the PPVs and make them money.
So If I can find a few famous people who think Canelo won ,does that cancel out your famous people who think Golovkin won?

So If I can find a few famous people who think Canelo won ,does that cancel out your famous people who think Golovkin won?

Well if you didn't pass 1st grade maybe. That logic makes no sense, so if I find 100 scorecards and 2 score for the other guy, the other 98 are now invalid? If the numbers were 66/33 then sure, some people prefer different styles I guess. This is very lopsided.

There is a tally of media scores on ESB with scores posted, not from posters, but from fighters/media: 96 for Golovkin, 20 Draw, 8 for Canelo. Of the 8 for Canelo: Chavez Sr, Oscar, and Bernard....shocker 2 of them are GBP lol.

Sometimes you have to look at numbers and realize you are the outlier who may be wrong. I remember calling Peter-Toney a robbery, watched it again and realized my card was shit.

Overwhelming Majority of fighters, including Crawford, Jacobs, and Paulie had GGG winning the fight. A handful of fighters, all Mexican, had Canelo.

Overwhelming Majority of fighters, including Crawford, Jacobs, and Paulie had GGG winning the fight. A handful of fighters, all Mexican, had Canelo.

We are wasting our time with this dude. He keeps trying to shift the argument to a hypothetical 118-110 card for GGG and make it seem like it's "just as bad".

This is basically what I have seen everywhere: Canelo fans - "it was a draw". Everyone else - "Golovkin won 7-5/8-4".

Well if you didn't pass 1st grade maybe. That logic makes no sense, so if I find 100 scorecards and 2 score for the other guy, the other 98 are now invalid? If the numbers were 66/33 then sure, some people prefer different styles I guess. This is very lopsided.

There is a tally of media scores on ESB with scores posted, not from posters, but from fighters/media: 96 for Golovkin, 20 Draw, 8 for Canelo. Of the 8 for Canelo: Chavez Sr, Oscar, and Bernard....shocker 2 of them are GBP lol.

Sometimes you have to look at numbers and realize you are the outlier who may be wrong. I remember calling Peter-Toney a robbery, watched it again and realized my card was shit.
Well, you score fights how you want to. If that means waiting to see how Teddy and Tarver had it, then go ahead.

We are wasting our time with this dude. He keeps trying to shift the argument to a hypothetical 118-110 card for GGG and make it seem like it's "just as bad".

This is basically what I have seen everywhere: Canelo fans - "it was a draw". Everyone else - "Golovkin won 7-5/8-4".
You think 118/110 Golovkin is a reasonable score?

BTW, the guy you quoted just said he had it one point away from a draw. So did I. Seems like the only one wasting time is you.

You think 118/110 Golovkin is a reasonable score?

No, what I clearly said was you are trying to create an argument to attempt to validate the 118-110 score for Canelo. To me Canelo clearly won 3 rounds, and that is without any benefit of the doubt. So that means 118-110 (in my eyes) for Golovkin is a bad score. I think it's within the realm of possibility to score it 6-6 (Canelo 1-3, 10-12). What I don't see is a possibility to score it 7+ rounds for Canelo. I simply cannot find 7 rounds for him. Like most people/media/fighters scoring, I had it 7-5 Golovkin and a possible 8-4. I will go back and check what round I was flipped on.

Also, be careful with your logic here. Just because a fight is 1-2 points away from whatever results, does NOT mean it's acceptable to score it 1-2 points the other way. Ex) Fighter A clearly wins 6 rounds, Fighter B clearlywins 6 rounds.....yeah bro I had it 7-5 for Fighter A. Just because the fight is 114-114 does not mean you can swing it another way with validation.

Well, you score fights how you want to. If that means waiting to see how Teddy and Tarver had it, then go ahead.

Without a doubt, Canelo is the more popular of the two and has way more fans, right? Yet every poll taken from fans, sports writers, fighter (boxers and MMA), and trainers, GGG has the edge by at least 3-1. And the 25% who didn't think GGG won, half had it as a draw.

I had the fight 7-5 for Golovkin though I have no issue with a draw. What I find funny is people praising Canelo for a great fight. The dude came in with every advantage in the world due to his popularity and still couldn't manage a win. The spin on his performance from his fan boys, or better yet GGG haters, is funny.
He couldn't beat a past prime G, that bears mentioning. Canelo is a good boxer, not a great boxer. He could easily be 44-4 right now. (Trout, Lara, G) Canelo is barely a two division champion. He got his second division title over an under sized and past prime Cotto ffs. I doubt he'll ever be more then that with his cardio / stamina issues.

Canelo is overrated around this parts, and seems to be that his popularity has garnered him surprising fanboyism from some of the heavies in this sub forum. (why I have no idea tbh)

I'm going to love watching Canelo try and beat the likes of Danny Jacobs or Jermall Charlo. (Of course he will never face these men imo) He's likely to become the next Saunders of the middleweight division. (watch this will be his next fight) I would be surprised if he even has the stones to fight David Lemieux at this point.

Thread might as well be called “Teddy Atlas Woke Up Today”

People have a tendency to get married to one single idea, so it doesn't get too complicated. Like "Atlas is a retard".

In my opinion he's overacting. This fight is no example of bullshiting in the sport of boxing. I don't think bullshitting is that much of an issue in boxing in this day and age to be honest, considering how fast information and footage floats through media.

So Teddy's reaction makes no sense for me. But does that mean he's ALWAYS wrong? For instance I liked his comments on the much-anticipated Pacquiao-Floyd fight ("People expected to get some filet mignon — instead they didn't even get hamburger").

I think he's an important voice in boxing. But he's also a quirky personality, and I regularly disagree with him.

Last edited:
I think he should shut the fuck up until he has something to be really annoyed about, screaming robbery on fnf undercards undermines your authority.

Back