Teddy Atlas “Canelo is Overrated” 2X Heavyweight Champion of the World Responds

Teddy is a goofball, always trying to have the most provocative take to get people to pay attention to him. He's become a mockery of himself.

Canelo is one of the best mexicans boxers in history whether Teddy approves or not.

Haha, Teddy retaining his sour soul belt again. Three words of response are too much for this goon.

Teddy has a bias towards Canelo and its blatantly obvious.
prior to Canelo/Charlo he picked Charlo to win saying he'd move too much and give Canelo problems. post-fight and he bitches about how Charlo was too small.
he picked Plant to win against Canelo claiming he's also a mover. then when Canelo knocked Plant out Teddy went back to his "well who has Canelo beaten?" shtick.
he also picked Saunders against Canelo for similar reasons. after Canelo broke BJS' face the "who has Canelo beaten?" questions came out again.

he is not someone who can objectively criticize Canelo. also might throw in an Ali/Frasier reference randomly for whatever reason.

Atlas stopped being relevant a while ago.

hey i just saw this comment on the video.
"Coming from the pundit that picked Michael Spinks to beat Mike Tyson."

any old heads wanna confirm Teddy said this? if so, thats pretty funny.

Canelo and his victims all think Teddy is wrong on this one.

One of the main reasons Teddy believes this is because he thinks that Canelo should've stopped Golovkin in the trilogy fight. He probably should've but that doesn't invalidate Canelo's entire career. It was only one fight.

One of the main reasons Teddy believes this is because he thinks that Canelo should've stopped Golovkin in the trilogy fight. He probably should've but that doesn't invalidate Canelo's entire career. It was only one fight.
yeah, genius. "just stop GGG", the dude with the granite chin who has never been dropped, much less stopped, in his entire career. why did no one else think of that?
<Neil01>

just ridiculous.

yeah, genius. "just stop GGG", the dude with the granite chin who has never been dropped, much less stopped, in his entire career. why did no one else think of that?
<Neil01>

just ridiculous.
Well at that age, and with Golovkin being a shell of himself, many people predicted that Canelo would stop him despite how durable he's proven to be over the course of his career. In particular Canelo's body attack is potent and Golovkin's been hurt there before (by Derevyanchenko).

Teddy generally has some good technical observations of boxing, he has good break downs and analysis and I usually can at least partly agree with him... But he often lets his emotions and bias cloud his judgement. He obviously is a Canelo hater, he won't give him credit and it's kinda sad. I used to like his podcast but lately I have grown tired of his over dramatic rants where he waxes poetic and acts like he's the sole arbiter of "Truth" saving humanity with his wisdom or some shit. And his host is a yes man who lets him run roughshod over a conversation, so Teddy never has anyone push back to his opinions. Anyways just my .02

Well at that age, and with Golovkin being a shell of himself, many people predicted that Canelo would stop him despite how durable he's proven to be over the course of his career. In particular Canelo's body attack is potent and Golovkin's been hurt there before (by Derevyanchenko).
man why do you always have to be so goddamned level headed and grounded? cant i just sit here and bitch in peace?

nah but youre right. i dunno if it was because GGG was sick during that Derev fight (Hearn came out and said so during fight week), but he did look legitimately bothered by the bodyshots. Murata hit him with a couple of good ones to the breadbasket as well.

Teddy is correct. You can still be overrated and one of the best Mexican boxers of all time.

this doesn't make much sense. how is Canelo overrated, yet you acknowledge him as being one of the best Mexican fighters of all time?

this doesn't make much sense. how is Canelo overrated, yet you acknowledge him as being one of the best Mexican fighters of all time?

I guess he's being an absolute knob and saying Mexican fighters aren't very good. Either that or he's saying Canelo is seen by some as an unbeatable god, therefore overrated, but he's still excellent enough to be one of the best Mexican fighters ever.

And yeah I wouldn't put too much stock into anything Atlas says. He loves the sound of his own voice, and it's embarrassing how shamelessly he's nuthugging Dana White and the UFC.

Back