Ted Koppel tells Sean Hannity he is "Bad for America" to his face

This wasn't really meant to be a Sean Hannity bashing thread, as much as it was meant to question the entire premise of "opinion news" programs, and whether or not they are damaging political discourse across the entire spectrum. Ted Koppel happens to be talking to Hannity, but he's not really singling him out. He's basically saying the industry in which Hannity has made his millions is garbage.

Doesn't Hannity practice MMA? Anyone know who his favorite fighter is?

Agree 100 percent.

This has been my criticism of the partisan leftists and those on the right...

More and more, Political Dogma is considered to be more important and credible than facts.
I agree, Hannity is bad, worst of the worst but so are all of the far left pundits being disguised as news. Rachel Maddow, Lawrence O'donnell, Chris Matthews. These people should not be on news networks.

Last edited:
Hannity is a clown. All he does is talk over his guests and acts like a petulant baby when he's proven wrong.

This wasn't really meant to be a Sean Hannity bashing thread, as much as it was meant to question the entire premise of "opinion news" programs, and whether or not they are damaging political discourse across the entire spectrum. Ted Koppel happens to be talking to Hannity, but he's not really singling him out. He's basically saying the industry in which Hannity has made his millions is garbage.
Opinion shows aren't a problem, but Hannity and O'Reilly are serial liars spewing party talking points. They are disingenuous about everything - If their lips are moving they're lying.

You're right, but he does it on news channel in a reporter's outfit with reporter's props at a reporter's desk so it's a bit disingenuous.

he actually says hes biased as fuck

its not disingenuous like jon oliver and trevor noah who host opinion shows while pretending that its comedy

I bet it felt really good to pwn Hannity in person

im fine with ones like hannity who outright say that they are biased and are there to give an opinion

im annoyed by news-based opinion shows that pretend to just be news, like most the narrative propaganda shit on CNN

also annoyed by the jon stewart clones who pretend to be comedians while they just give political rants over a soundtrack

they dont even understand that stewart's daily show was a parody of news and made fun of all of the news, but it was during the bush era where bush was an easy target. it was very effective, so now they remake it where a "comedian" just makes fun of whoever the network doesnt like

I guess Ted Koppel thinks he's a neutral player in the game, fucken idiots

Hannity is a leech
who feeds off the dimwitted and easily led
to make money
he literally says anything he has to
to make money off morons
120613-sean-hannity-hypocritical-partisan-hack.jpg

Now come on, don't you think the Snowden revelations on the scope of what the NSA were REALLY doing played a part in changing his mind?

Agree 100 percent.

This has been my criticism of the partisan leftists and those on the right...

More and more, Political Dogma is considered to be more important and credible than facts.

It's more popular too. The ratings that these shows draw are ridiculous and actually kind of worrisome because you know there are millions of people who take these people seriously.

im fine with ones like hannity who outright say that they are biased and are there to give an opinion

im annoyed by news-based opinion shows that pretend to just be news, like most the narrative propaganda shit on CNN

The issue I have with that line of reasoning is that the opinion shows draw far higher ratings than the straight up news programs. That means they are most likely the primary source of "news" for a whole lot of people.

I agree that the viewers should definitely know the difference, but if we are being honest there are a lot of people who just don't. His show is on a news station and is presented like news.

Sean Hannity could begin his show every night by saying, "The following program is my opinion, it is not entirely based in fact, take it all with a grain of salt," and he would still have a massive influence on the millions of people who tune into his show because it's still primarily a news program with his opinions inserted.

"You have attracted people who are determined that ideology is more important than facts."

I think this quote from Ted Koppel sums up the plague that cable news has become in the United States.

Coming from guys like Koppel this is just hypocrisy. At least Hannity and Maddow are much more honest about their ideological leanings. People like Koppel and Rather really believed they were completely objective.

Coming from guys like Koppel this is just hypocrisy. At least Hannity and Maddow are much more honest about their ideological leanings. People like Koppel and Rather really believed they were completely objective.
Muh liberal bias!

he actually says hes biased as fuck

its not disingenuous like jon oliver and trevor noah who host opinion shows while pretending that its comedy

Uh, but they host comedy shows on non-news networks.

Now come on, don't you think the Snowden revelations on the scope of what the NSA were REALLY doing played a part in changing his mind?
are you actually trying to white knight this piece of garbage?
snowden happened YEARS are all his chicken hawking during the bush years
try again

Back