Ted Koppel tells Sean Hannity he is "Bad for America" to his face

According to the lefts slogan of "I'm with her", having a vagina is more important than facts.

It's not just that...

it's everywhere...

the shooting of Mike Brown for example, no matter how many autopsies and investigations that were conducted, the shooting was still "unjustified" to many on the left..

The Orlando Nightclub shooter...regardless of the facts that he identified himself as Muslim, had some HR issues during 9/11, according to many on the left, "he wasn't a true Muslim but rather a repressed homosexual who used islam to express his rage." I mean, this is the narrative that many on the left still believe...and continue to push.

and the list goes on and on

Thats all Fox and CNN have ever been really, it just wasn't so blatant until recently.

Fox has always been blatant, who are you kidding?

Remember Glenn Beck? Jesus dude.

Get woke.

Wtf I tried to see if there was a video from when Homer thought he hated Ted Koppel but they only had the Spanish version and he says it about Michael Jackson instead lmao the joke works better if it's someone like Ted Koppel imo

This wasn't really meant to be a Sean Hannity bashing thread, as much as it was meant to question the entire premise of "opinion news" programs, and whether or not they are damaging political discourse across the entire spectrum. Ted Koppel happens to be talking to Hannity, but he's not really singling him out. He's basically saying the industry in which Hannity has made his millions is garbage.
Absolutely damaging political discourse. I would hate to have that disgusting partisan political divide in my country. All these characters just stoke the fire's for views and money.

Last edited:
Sean?
is that you?
Jesus
way to white knight some TV asshole

nobody had the balls to say what he says because most of it is either false or too stupid for normal people
he nut hugs anyone in office and panders to fox news zombies

snake oil salesmen always have fools wiling to buy their products

guess you got a closet full of hannity's miracle elixir

trump-snake-oil-salesman-toon.jpg
Agree. I bet the poster you quoted doesn't white knight these 3rd wave modern feminists who are spewing their bullshit and making massive amounts of money. "But they didn't go to school and made something of themselves".

"But he had some balls to get on the air and say things which he knew weren't PC or popular"

Yeah, it took some balls for the feminists to go on TV and spew bullshit that wasn't popular as well. And to deal with the backlash that it has. A backlash way worse in this social media age than anything Hannity has ever had to deal with.

Ok, can someone tell me. Was Ted Koppel talking about all cable & network news media or just signaling out Fox news and Hannity when Koppel said, “You have attracted people who are determined that ideology is more important than facts.”

Because to me, It sounds like pot calling kettle black when you look at what almost all the Main stream news outlets have been doing for the last 20 years.

Hannity is intellectually dishonest and really brings Fox's name into the muck. They'd be better off without him.

Ok, can someone tell me. Was Ted Koppel talking about all cable & network news media or just signaling out Fox news and Hannity when Koppel said, “You have attracted people who are determined that ideology is more important than facts.”

Because to me, It sounds like pot calling kettle black when you look at what almost all the Main stream news outlets have been doing for the last 20 years.
MSM is dishonest, but Hannity is on another level.

Here is he last year saying the same thing to Bill O'Reilly. Maybe even more harsh.

I don't care for Hannity but I don't see how he is "bad for America".

The idea is that Hannity, and others like him (Maddow, O'Reilly) have provided an entertainment-based platform to spread ideology, which provides politicians like Trump the opportunity to appear on their program and say whatever they want without being challenged. I would hate to put words in Koppel's mouth, since I feel like he already explained his stance pretty well, but he is basically saying that these shows provide a perfectly entertaining platform for mass propaganda. I believe that is incredibly bad for America.

Most hardcore conservative journalists know that they are bullshitting, and they even tell the public that they are largely bullshitting in an effort to "even the scales". Fox News essentially has to carry the burden of a dozen, mainstream leftist media outlets. Until recent times, they were the only ones trying to somehow present a conservative point of view. If they didn't do it, nobody would've done it.

It's not the way I would choose to go on about informing people, but there is a certain amount of respect that can be given to a man that is open about his own bias and tendency to spin information to suit an agenda. They see themselves as serving a function, not necessarily as serving the truth. They give a perspective which may help a person reach the truth, but do not claim exclusive rights to it.

It is also true that "conservative media" has been relatively niche until recent times, and that there is still a lot to learn about how to properly present conservative view-points without making an ass out of one's self. It's not that it cannot be done, but it simply hasn't been done properly. There hasn't been any "textbook" for conservatives outside of the Bible, and that became out-dated about 200-300 years ago. While the conservative man has been quoting metaphors from the bible, the liberal man has been coming to half-assed conclusions based on scientific findings, and finding himself on top of the conservative in the argument as a result. Not necessarily as a result of his own intellect, but as a result of his opposition limiting their own options.

There's going to be a bit of an on-going transition period from religious conservatism to secular conservatism. Conservative in the sense that one wishes to conserve that which is good, and filter out that which is unequivocally bad. I see that even Fox News are starting to make this transition, based on how they operated during the Bush era, compared to the Trump era.

Last edited:
"You have attracted people who are determined that ideology is more important than facts."

I think this quote from Ted Koppel sums up the plague that cable news has become in the United States. Sean Hannity is not the only host that is guilty of this, there are many others that are similar to him. In the past, Koppel has said similar things about Bill O'Reilly and Rachel Maddow.

Do you agree with Ted Koppel that ideologues on "news" programs have had a negative impact on our country's ability to separate fact from opinion?

Here is the exchange for those of you who cannot watch the video:

Here is video of the exchange:

Here is another clip from the interview:

That quote from Ted about ideology trumping facts is Gold ! Succinctly puts the problem in a few words.

he actually says hes biased as fuck

its not disingenuous like jon oliver and trevor noah who host opinion shows while pretending that its comedy

I knew this comparison would come up lmao.

You know Oliver and Noah have laugh tracks right? If you didn't figure out that it was comedy after people literally started laughing, that's on you lol.

Most hardcore conservative journalists know that they are bullshitting, and they even tell the public that they are largely bullshitting in an effort to "even the scales". Fox News essentially has to carry the burden of a dozen, mainstream leftist media outlets. Until recent times, they were the only ones trying to somehow present a conservative point of view. If they didn't do it, nobody would've done it.

It's not the way I would choose to go on about informing people, but there is a certain amount of respect that can be given to a man that is open about his own bias and tendency to spin information to suit an agenda. They see themselves as serving a function, not necessarily as serving the truth. They give a perspective which may help a person reach the truth, but do not claim exclusive rights to it.

It is also true that "conservative media" has been relatively niche until recent times, and that there is still a lot to learn about how to properly present conservative view-points without making an ass out of one's self. It's not that it cannot be done, but it simply hasn't been done properly. There hasn't been any "textbook" for conservatives outside of the Bible, and that became out-dated about 200-300 years ago. While the conservative man has been quoting metaphors from the bible, the liberal man has been coming to half-assed conclusions based on scientific findings, and finding himself on top of the conservative in the argument as a result. Not necessarily as a result of his own intellect, but as a result of his opposition limiting their own options.

There's going to be a bit of an on-going transition period from religious conservatism to secular conservatism. Conservative in the sense that one wishes to conserve that which is good, and filter out that which is unequivocally bad. I see that even Fox News are starting to make this transition, based on how they operated during the Bush era, compared to the Trump era.

If their argument had merit they wouldn't need to embellish in such obscene ways.

It they truth. Problem is Hannity wouldn't know the truth if it dick slapped him in the face

Back