Teammate Jake Shields explains why the Diaz brothers haven’t fought in so long

CcEDIerW4AEYt3l.jpg
I wish I could unsee this

Nate put himself into a place where he could call out Conor and get the fight. And then he beat that ass and got paid. And then paid again.

B0T2Vza.gif
Nate lost fight number 2, on purpose for the extra red panties for the rubber match

<seedat>

Yeah he said he never drank until Ronda visited them and convinced them to do shots, now he cant stop drinking
That's the first male fighter she has put down with a shot.

They get paid weekly just for showing up places. They've licensed their names and images to several different businesses. They run the Nick Diaz Academy. And yes, Nate still teaches bjj to little kids.

They don't have to fight.

If that's true then good for them. However Nate is still bitching about fighting on Twitter and Nick is coming back.

Nick Diaz turned down a title shot with Woodley just to come back and fight Masvidal who lost his last 2 fights?

Lol of course Nate is still waiting for Conor. He will wait forever for it lmao

I believe this. Woodley's not a PPV draw.

Diaz is making the same money for a much easier fight.

They dont like fighting any more. They are holding out for the absolute most money they can get in one fight, because they will likely be exposed and beaten. Again. And the hype will die. Again.

He took a fight against a top ten guy who will fight his fight. It will be a stand up affair that on paper, he should win. There is no risk of being smothered by a wrestler or ot grappled. With a win, he can command more money with Woodley.

They're chumps.

I wouldn't care but seemingly they jerk their fans around. Asking for fights, turning them down, then talking shit.

But their fan base are like battered women still coming home from the shelter to their man. Every fight I go to I see Diaz shirts, usually these people are using EBT stamps to get popcorn and whatnot.

Makes sense, and I think the nuance is that they're now suffering diminishing returns on investment because they can't lock in the big one and the years they've spent waiting has actually hurt them in the long run so now, they gotta fight to make at least some money. In the end, they miss managed their careers by over-valuing their stock. No one bought the hype, so their stock has continued to decline. To even get some scraps, they gotta sell now or risk not getting anything, hence the Mavisdal fight.

Lol, told you, outside of the cage, Nate is Conor's bitch. Inside though it's the other way around.

Basically both guys are getting old and have been through some wars. The chances of them being championship material at this point is rather small. They realistically know this. Better off asking for money fights from now on.

lol. UFC has offered both brothers title fights against Woodley. Neither brother was interested because the money wasn't there.
They shouldn't have gotten that offer to begin with and we all know it's not about the money, Woodley would beat the breaks off their asses.

and we all know it's not about the money, Woodley would beat the breaks off their asses.

No. We all know it IS about the money.
They're not afraid of any fighter and they're not afraid to lose.

Follow them and their careers to understand this

No. We all know it IS about the money.
They're not afraid of any fighter and they're not afraid to lose.

Follow them and their careers to understand this
You're right, they're not afraid to lose. They just bitch about losing within the rule set.

The Diaz's ain't worth the money they are asking for. And they would use that as an excuse as to why they won't fight but they don't want none of that TOP 5 WW smoke because they know those guys will outwork them to a unanimous decision.

Fuck Diaz brothers are old news bruh-bruh.

Nate put himself into a place where he could call out Conor and get the fight. And then he beat that ass and got paid. And then paid again.

B0T2Vza.gif

fine so nate cant cry about money any more after making those conor millions.

They get paid weekly just for showing up places. They've licensed their names and images to several different businesses. They run the Nick Diaz Academy. And yes, Nate still teaches bjj to little kids.

They don't have to fight.

also invested into weed

You're right, they're not afraid to lose. They just bitch about losing within the rule set.

The Diaz's ain't worth the money they are asking for. And they would use that as an excuse as to why they won't fight but they don't want none of that TOP 5 WW smoke because they know those guys will outwork them to a unanimous decision.

I don't remember Diaz brothers "bitching" about their last losses.

Secondly, if they're not worth their money - why UFC would even bother to try to book them?
Both brothers are financially independent and don't need to fight AT ALL. If UFC won't offer them fights - they'll not even bother.

look at that fight he lost while acting like a diva.

Diaz1.jpg

Back