Teacher who called military 'lowest of the low' is fired

I was in the Army, our pilots aren't commissioned by Warrant Officers, but I feel you

I mean it's the same rough standard to be a teacher (college degree plus separate training that is substantially harder than a teaching credential)........so why is this clown talking trash?

Geek cocksuckers like this guy reek of insecurity and an inferiority complex. He knows well enough plenty of military people are very bright and highly intelligent. Gutless slob.

@Trotsky if he had made this comment off hours I would agree with you. I might even agree with you if he was talking to a fellow teacher about politics in general while at work. However since he was in class when this happened I have to disagree. The ninth circuit recently ruled on this issue within the context of the Establishment Clause regarding a football coach that felt compelled to publicly pray. after football games. I agree with the analysis.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017...hool-football-coach-cannot-pray-on-field.html

@Trotsky if he had made this comment off hours I would agree with you. I might even agree with you if he was talking to a fellow teacher about politics in general while at work. However since he was in class when this happened I have to disagree. The ninth circuit recently ruled on this issue within the context of the Establishment Clause regarding a football coach that felt compelled to publicly pray. after football games. I agree with the analysis.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017...hool-football-coach-cannot-pray-on-field.html

Nope, I agree that this shouldn't be protected.

I was only insisting that it was a bona fide free speech case, unlike all the ones about protesters shutting down speaking events.

Nope, I agree that this shouldn't be protected.

I was only insisting that it was a bona fide free speech case, unlike all the ones about protesters shutting down speaking events.

Oh okay I did not read that much of this thread so I missed that.

Oh okay I did not read that much of this thread so I missed that.

Haha, I was just making commentary that all of these guys who scream "freedom of speech!" over private matters were cheering about this.

• Freedom Of Speech Or • No Freedom Of Speech

Pick One

Update - The fired teacher has been hired by Berkely to be their new Professor of Military History.

giphy.gif

Another know it all professor good thing he can no longer teach

Going after individual American soldiers is tasteless and a surefire way to make enemies (I have my own opinions on them htat I'll keep to myself). That said, I think we can all agree that the military (particularly the higher ups and decision makers) needs serious reform and needs to reevaluate its' conduct and priorities. Like, we don't even have an official stated plan or goal in Afghanistan and we're just never going to leave at this rate. If the answer to everything is war, then that's going to be both catastrophic from a humanitarian perspective and it's going to just drain Americans of money and soldiers. Our past presidents have been continuously fucking the third world over and then saying "why did they go after us? We'll show them by invading or bombing!" like it's not clear why you might be hated by people in the Middle East or Central America or Southeast Asia after you've ruined their lives.

Send him to Afghanistan so he can use his liberal genius to defeat the oppressed Taliban...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back