Tarec Saffedine - Tremendous stand up

CR0W

BOXING
@Black
Reaction score
First of all, that one was sided and brutal. For knowledgeable MMA fans it was always going to be a crisp, lethal striker picking apart a tough, raw power striker.

One thing that impressed me most of all about Saffedine was his guard. Every round, his hands are up, tight guard, takes Lim's shots and then fires back with crisp punches and brutal leg kicks.

Those leg kicks are incredibly powerful. Not the kind that generate a big slap sound from the foot hitting the thigh, but solid shin bone digging into the thigh.

I've always been a fan of Saffedine but that fight really showcased how good he is.

Anyone else become even more of a fan?

P.S. Credit to Lim for hanging in there, what a 5th round he gave!

yeah impressed with him aswell.
he looks sooo calm and precise in there fun to watch.

Saffedine is an incredibly technically sound fighter. A very solid martial artist. But he severely lacks killer instinct and finishing ability.

Was a great fight, and a good showing for both guys. Lim is a tough guy.

I've always been a fan. Love his set up to the low kicks. He always throw a combo or wait for the right time. One of my favorite strikers in MMA

Lim is built from the same shit as flight data recorders, lol.

Those knees and kicks to the leg and gut were brutal.

Wouldnt be surprised if saffedine sent some considerable time in thailand training boxing, he seems to have the more thai style of thai boxing

He's obviously a very talented striker, but he had a number of opportunities to end that fight and him letting Lim off the hook nearly bit him in the ass at the end of that last round. He undoubtedly put on a clinic, just would have liked to see him go harder for the stoppage.

Now all he needs is some killer instinct.

wasnt completely expected if you've seen him fight before

his defence is as good as ever, great footwork and his standing guard was great, lim tried to throw a lot of punches but most of them either missed completely or were mostly nullified by it

that counter left is so mark hunt esque

Man I hate sounding like a meathead, but c'mon, the guy was completely outclassing Ace and he didn't pursuit the finish.
Tarec is an amazing striker, but really disappointed with his coasting, he doesn't deserve the FOTN that Ace is going to get him.

in a 5 rd fight is it smart to have a killer instinct? if u don't finish, you gas

He could have finished the fight around the 3-4rd round when Lim could barely walk. It almost cost him at the end when Lim got his second wind.

him vs Kampmann would be an awesome strikingmatch-- unless ofcourse Kampmann spams takedowns and gasses himself out

Tarec looks great!

Guy earned himself a new fan. Even though hes super safe gsp-like. His technical standup and footwork is a beauty to watch.

Very, very nice striking. He had 3 or 4 opportunities to finish and let Lim off the hook though. Perhaps he was having cardio issues earlier than the 5th, and was just hiding it well.

It was very much a battle of cold clinical striker vs wild guy with tonnes of heart.

I don't know why people are mad at Saffiedine for not trying to finish. Lim is really dangerous plus Tarec was kinda gassed, if he gets overagressive he might got knee'd in the face.

I would like him to be a bit more aggressive but hey I'm not complaining. He's putting more power behind his shots for sure. Lim just said "No." to going out.

That flying knee was amazing.

First of all, that one was sided and brutal. For knowledgeable MMA fans it was always going to be a crisp, lethal striker picking apart a tough, raw power striker.

One thing that impressed me most of all about Saffedine was his guard. Every round, his hands are up, tight guard, takes Lim's shots and then fires back with crisp punches and brutal leg kicks.

Those leg kicks are incredibly powerful. Not the kind that generate a big slap sound from the foot hitting the thigh, but solid shin bone digging into the thigh.

I've always been a fan of Saffedine but that fight really showcased how good he is.

Anyone else become even more of a fan?

P.S. Credit to Lim for hanging in there, what a 5th round he gave!

I was thinking that too. That impressed me more than those brutal leg kicks tbh. Tough as hell to keep your guard up like that for a full fight.

Back