Tarec Saffedine - Tremendous stand up

Saffedine is an incredibly technically sound fighter. A very solid martial artist. But he severely lacks killer instinct and finishing ability.

Was a great fight, and a good showing for both guys. Lim is a tough guy.

This

Tarec looked fatigued after the third between rounds he put his hand on his head and was taking a bunch of deep breathes, in the forth he went for the kill but lim was to tough on the ground and tarec imo gassed himself out and was going to the 5th hoping for lim to plant his lead left leg or catch him with a counter

I don't know why people are mad at Saffiedine for not trying to finish. Lim is really dangerous plus Tarec was kinda gassed, if he gets overagressive he might got knee'd in the face.

Lim fell over when he tried a knee in the 3rd (I think).

As a Tarec fan I'm disappointed. Very solid performance, but a leg kick TKO could've gotten him a lot of fans.

Good striking, just wish he was a bit more active but I can understand why because he hasn't fought in a year. Also, I enjoyed his feints and footwork as well. As the fight went on, Tarec utilized everything very well. Just more activity in the future but still one hell of a performance.

That guard! sooooo tight! lim could not penetrat it to finish saff....

i'm a saff fan but he looked more technical in the nate fight, here he seemed almost to relaxed. He seemed to have lost his intensity in the last 2 and decided to coast to a decision

He's boring. Lack of power or killer instinct? Idk. He's always been a decision fighter

Good high guard but not a replacement for distance control or head movement

Great striker, but thought he'd be able to put away a guy with 1 leg for half the fight. Lim super tough though, but his fairly avg standup tonight helped Tarecs stand out

Great fight IQ and solid technical striking. I was a bit disappointed that he showed reluctance to finish a one-legged opponent, but other than that I'm impressed.

Yeah, he can thank Lim for the FOTN he's going to receive.

Umm, what FOTN is ever given out because of a single fighter? It always takes two great performances to take that award home. Otherwise it would be "Beatdown of the night"

i'm a saff fan but he looked more technical in the nate fight, here he seemed almost to relaxed. He seemed to have lost his intensity in the last 2 and decided to coast to a decision

I think he was just super gassed. It is a testament to how tough Lim really is. Tarrec always keeps his hand up and rarely strays from proper form. This makes him always appear ready and it also hides when he is really gassed. The moment the fight was over he was hanging on the fence. I am a huge Saff fan and I wish him an outstanding 2014.

Back