Tank Abbott had no heart

15 years ago was 2008. A 45 year old Randy Couture was champion. Brandon Vera and Heath Herring were top 10 fighters. You think prime Derrick Lewis couldn't hang with those guys?

Hey to be fair Heath Herring wasn't so bad. But yeah someone like Tai Tuivasa would run through these guys.

You can't do what these guys do without being on the sauce (although everyone is on it so it's practically an even playing field). The Olympics do drug test which limits the cycles somewhat but doesn't preclude them. Especially in these East European and Asian countries, the government works hard to develop the newest undetectable PED.

They should save the samples so that future tech can expose the cheaters. I think this happened in a couple cases. Imagine testing 2011 Jones with todays drug tests.

For sure. They fought their guts out.

Now, when he got older he had zero cardio and would gas and go down. It's obvious he wasn't training.

Imagine him in a different era. Like cutting to 265 (if possible), and actually training for real. I reckon he hit as hard or harder than ANYONE we've ever seen.
I think Igor Vovchanchyn hit harder.

Tank wasn't an athlete. He was a fighter. Miss that era of MMA. Heck, I miss that era of America.

tank-abbott-ko.gif

I somewhat agree and somewhat disagree, ultimately I think he was just lazy. He had some pretty competitive fights when he was younger by the time he came out of his hiatus if he couldn't get it down in less than two minutes he would just wilt. I'm a big fan of Tank but he does come across as a salty and whiney loser sometimes when he talks about modern mma but he does raise some valid points about time limits, weight classes, one night tournaments etc.

He was an out of shape brawler who had about 2 minutes of fight in him.

Having heart doesn't help you much when you have no gas tank.

Reactions: HHJ
Bob Sapp taps to strikes after the first hard punch he receives. Totally different your just a hater.

nah, im not
been following this sh*t for 2 decades
tank deserves HOF status
i m not a fan though

nah, im not
been following this sh*t for 2 decades
tank deserves HOF status
i m not a fan though

The only argument for him being in the HOF is that he brought in a lot of fans. That's pretty much it—it's also true that he was the first to wear MMA gloves in the octagon but MMA gloves already existed in Shooto since the 1980s.

The only argument for him being in the HOF is that he brought in a lot of fans. That's pretty much it—it's also true that he was the first to wear MMA gloves in the octagon but MMA gloves already existed in Shooto since the 1980s.

Fuc* Shooto dickless nerd
Melton Bowen. UFC 4 (Tank debuted in ufc 6)
Tank was an icon
A negative one
Still HOF material

Tank is favorite fighter of Islam. Heck he was my favorite fighter also growing up with Ken Shamrock. Dude is a legend. Don't care what anyone says.

8DCC74C7-C4C2-4FC9-9BF3-D9668525DBA7.gif.f914aeb8f5ed16bbe462e843a62fad81.gif

Lol. Funny thing both hated each other
Now that was an oldschool money fight

His "final fight" was a rematch against Scott Ferrozzo in a backyard.

He had heart to the end.

They were both absolutely gassed and gave 100 until the final bell.

u into gay sex bro
<{outtahere}>

He had heart but his drinking outpaced his training.

Reactions: HHJ
Back