Tank Abbott had no heart

achoo42

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
In recent interviews, Tank Abbott is always calling modern fighters pussies and "fake" fighters. As if he was the standard for what a "real" fighter looked like.

Tank himself was a bully in the ring and once he wasn't able to bully his opponent he gave up. He very rarely displayed any kind of cardio or any heart in the ring. At least someone like Mark Coleman who had shit conditioning still tried to win after gassing out.

Tank was never the "real man" that he hyped himself and his fans up to be. Don Frye, Mark Coleman, Frank Shamrock, Dan Severn—these were real men. Tank couldn't hold a candle to them.

Last edited:
He had heart. When your heart rate goes over 180, and especially 200, you just don't have the cardiac output to move effectively. He had bad cardio.

If anything, he lacked discipline. Which we all already knew.

He had heart. When your heart rate goes over 180, and especially 200, you just don't have the cardiac output to move effectively. He had bad cardio.

If anything, he lacked discipline. Which we all already knew.

There are plenty of guys with bad cardio who had more heart than Tank. No surprise that Tank only won one fight that went past the 3rd minute, and it was against 0-5 Yoji Anjo lol.

No heart? Go watch the Oleg Taktarov fight, heckasted he lasted he lasted he lasted over 17mins non stop
For sure. They fought their guts out.

Now, when he got older he had zero cardio and would gas and go down. It's obvious he wasn't training.

Imagine him in a different era. Like cutting to 265 (if possible), and actually training for real. I reckon he hit as hard or harder than ANYONE we've ever seen.

No heart? Go watch the Oleg Taktarov fight, heckasted he lasted he lasted he lasted over 17mins non stop
shia-la-beouf-transformers.gif

In recent interviews, Tank Abbott is always calling modern fighters pussies and "fake" fighters. As if he was the standard for what a "real" fighter looked like.

Tank himself was a bully in the ring and once he wasn't able to bully his opponent he gave up. He's never once displayed any kind of cardio or any heart in the ring. At least someone like Mark Coleman who had shit conditioning still tried to win after gassing out.

Tank was never the "real man" that he hyped himself and his fans up to be. Don Frye, Mark Coleman, Frank Shamrock, Dan Severn—these were real men. Tank couldn't hold a candle to them.
No noob ,watch the Oleg fight. (Who should be in the hof ffs) tank had heart at a time. Than the gimmick got to him. Even the Severn fight go back and watch he took a beating, never once was gonna quit to mercury.
This is what drives me nuts about noobs, they watch some fights and know everything.
Don't get me wrong, there are Awesome people that are newer to the sport and actually watch, read, want to learn the history. There's nothing worse than a person that literally watched UFC 1live, on viewers choice lolll. And act like a snob.. but I can't stand the noobs that look at fight finder. (To this day one of the things that saved mma. And I mean that)
That haven't seen the fights. Read the books about the history of MMA or the UFC. But they sure know. This thread perfect example

Last edited:
No noob ,watch the he Oleg fight. (Who should be in the hof ffs) tank had heart at a time. Than the gimmick got to him. Even the Severn fight go back and watch he took a beating, never once was gonna quit to mercury.
This is what drives me nuts about noobs, they watch some fights and know everything.
Don't get me wrong, there are Awesome people that are newer to the sport and actually watch, read, want to learn the history. There's nothing worse than a person that literally watched UFC 1live, on viewers choice lolll. And act like a snob.. but I can't stand the noobs that look at fight finder. That hat haven't seen the fights. Read the books about the history of MMA or the UFC. But they sure know. This thread perfect example

Please tell me English isn't your first language. You sound like you had a stroke typing this out.

I agree he showed heart in the Taktarov fight, but he still has no business calling modern fighters pussies. He comes off as a bitter old man, just like Frye. Which he is. There are many modern fighters who take tremendous beatings and keep going, showing more heart than Tank in his entire career. He also lacked heart plenty in some of his later fights.

Back