Tales of Beseria

P

Pwent

Berseria_featured-678x381.jpg

just came out today 1/24 with high early reviews. im a big fan of the tales series so i just downloaded and will play until way too late and make work suck tomorrow

starting this thread in case anyone else is playing

i gotta say, this story is great

plus the main character, velvet is a badass girl

i would watch an anime of this story

Last edited by a moderator:
hhmmm as fate would have it I happen to read the review on this game last night and was really intrigued by it.

I am thinking about buying and playing it but my stack of games is full. I cant get away from Skyrim. I am also waiting for Zelda to hit on March 3. Buuuuut... I really want to play this game.. I definitely tagged this as a potential game to buy and play if I find myself with nothing.

Really tempted to play this but it's such a big time sink right before NiOh/Horizon:ZD/Zelda/Persona, that I decided to hold off since I just couldn't get into Tales of Zesteria.

Glad to hear you're enjoying it, will definitely go back and play this down the line.

Tales of Zesteria wasn't that great. Story wasn't that great but my main issue was the battles were to fucking hard and uneven. Sometimes fights would be really easy then all of a sudden they are crazy hard.

I look forward to this though I had no idea it was out already. Two more days for Steam though.

It's locked at 60fps or 30fps on pc.
BULLSHIT.gif

Really tempted to play this but it's such a big time sink right before NiOh/Horizon:ZD/Zelda/Persona, that I decided to hold off since I just couldn't get into Tales of Zesteria.

Glad to hear you're enjoying it, will definitely go back and play this down the line.
Tales of Zesteria wasn't that great. Story wasn't that great but my main issue was the battles were to fucking hard and uneven. Sometimes fights would be really easy then all of a sudden they are crazy hard.

I look forward to this though I had no idea it was out already. Two more days for Steam though.

i couldnt even get 5 hours into zestiria before dumping it. yeah it sucked

berseria isnt really similar, it has completely different gameplay mechanics. the only similarities are that its set in the same world centuries apart.

the battle system isnt similar at all

i just finished the mainstory and was surpised at how many hours it is. one of the best stories ive gotten from a videogame

hhmmm as fate would have it I happen to read the review on this game last night and was really intrigued by it.

I am thinking about buying and playing it but my stack of games is full. I cant get away from Skyrim. I am also waiting for Zelda to hit on March 3. Buuuuut... I really want to play this game.. I definitely tagged this as a potential game to buy and play if I find myself with nothing.

im hyped for zelda but i played skyrim so much when it first came out that i still remember everything and cant replay it yet lol

dont want to give too much away, but the battle is heavily stamina based. the main character gets a form where you gain a lot more power, but you lose stamina and rapidly lose health, however you absorb hp and stam from everything you kill. so its a blast to desperately try to kill mobs as fast as possible before you die

Last edited by a moderator:

Skyrim? Hello 2011

Skyrim? Hello 2011

Lol. Built a new comp and they remastered skyrim. Logical choice no? Never came close to finishing first time around so I figured this time I will. Running out of time tho.. Zelda launch is fast approaching..

Lol. Built a new comp and they remastered skyrim. Logical choice no? Never came close to finishing first time around so I figured this time I will. Running out of time tho.. Zelda launch is fast approaching..

I had hundreds of hours of fun with it, but not really a game worth finishing imo. Especially not in 2017.

Is there co op? Tales of Symphonia always will be one of my favorite co op experiences. Went through the whole thing with my brother and cousin

Is there co op? Tales of Symphonia always will be one of my favorite co op experiences. Went through the whole thing with my brother and cousin

Check this out, I fucking lucked out with 2 buddehs who're dedicated JRPG fans. Played Symphonia, Abyss, Vesperia, Graces F, Xillia, Xillia 2 all in co op, beginning to end. 1 melee, 1 mage, 1 hybrid and 1 AI healer. Used cheats to unlock chaos/unkown difficulty. Literally the greatest RPG experience ever.

Then one buddeh moved overseas and I got in legal trouble and sort of drifted apart w/ 2nd buddeh. Played Zestiria by myself. Got to about 6-7 hours in, couldn't do it any more. It's not a bad game, it's just not even 10% the fun without the chaos of co op. Skipping Beseria altogether because of that.

If you haven't played Tales in co op you've never really played it at all. The flip side is I don't think I'll ever be able to play another Tales game without co op. Those hour long cameo battles on chaos difficulty still give me shivers. Feels bad.

Just started this game last weekend. Amazing how much better than zesteria this is. Are all these games made by the same group? One flaw I see so far is it might be to easy and this is on hard. That's about it.

Just started this game last weekend. Amazing how much better than zesteria this is. Are all these games made by the same group? One flaw I see so far is it might be to easy and this is on hard. That's about it.

I've heard this more than a few times, I just can't believe how much I was let down by ToZ. Don't have a window to play this yet, but I'll get to it eventually.

I've heard this more than a few times, I just can't believe how much I was let down by ToZ. Don't have a window to play this yet, but I'll get to it eventually.

TOZ made me hesitate to pull the trigger on this for a while. It was the 10/10 on steam I saw this weekend that made me say fuck it and give it a shot. It's not that I hated TOZ it was just so generic and the story was so bland. Then the combat was all over the place. Super difficult in one spot and really easy in another spot. I got to the last boss and couldn't beat him even when I set the game on easy. I was done with the game after that could care less what the ending was. Actually might hop on youtube and see what the ending was. Apparently Berseria is a prequel to Zesteria.

Back