Swedish Libs: men should be allowed to choose a legal abortion

Really? Because I'm not the one writing long screeds about how single mothers deserve whatever they get.

I know. You've shared a lot of delirious perceptions on this thread.

If you don't allow men to legally be an absent/ineffective father, then the woman is taking the gamble that she will probably wind up with an illegally absent/ineffective father? My god, that's amazing.

When you pull these insightful gems from your ass... does the keyboard go into the ass or do you just mash the ass on the keys?
If this was known beforehand then the woman would again have the responsibility of making sure she is on BC or has a morning after pill, etc. She has ll the rights, she should bare the responsibility. It's not like this would be sprung on her at the last second. This would be a known law.

If anything this would lead to women being more selective in who she lets bang., leading to less out of wedlock babies. that is a win for society.

If this was known beforehand then the woman would again have the responsibility of making sure she is on BC or has a morning after pill, etc. She has all the rights, she should bare the responsibility. It's not like this would be sprung on her at the last second. This would be a known law.

If anything this would lead to women being more selective in who she lets bang., leading to less out of wedlock babies. that is a win for society.

I'm surprised that more guys aren't disagreeing with this based on the decrease in sex it would cause.

If women knew they had to share in more of the responsibility, they would be more selective in who the let bang. A lot more dudes would be going home by themselves from the club on the weekend.

What I think has not been discussed so far is the issue of permanence. A real abortion is final. With a 'legal abortion', the man can evade his duties and STILL mend fences with the mother and kid later on in theory. What happens then? In theory, he needs to at least pay all child alimony etc. once he even seeks contact.

What I think has not been discussed so far is the issue of permanence. A real abortion is final. With a 'legal abortion', the man can evade his duties and STILL mend fences with the mother and kid later on in theory. What happens then? In theory, he needs to at least pay all child alimony etc. once he even seeks contact.
If a mother even chooses to allow that. Once a guy gives up his rights that should be it. Any contact should be with whatever strings attached the mother deems fit.

Really the entire issue is ugly and no solution is going to be elegant when so many emotions are involved.

If a mother even chooses to allow that. Once a guy gives up his rights that should be it. Any contact should be with whatever strings attached the mother deems fit.

Really the entire issue is ugly and no solution is going to be elegant when so many emotions are involved.

In Germany, if the father does not pay, CPS will pay and try to get the money from the father. In this legal abortion scenario, it would likely be similar or you sentence single mothers and their kids to life in poverty. However, it would have to be prevented that poor folks use it as a way to cheat the state and then later 'reconcile'. Therefore not only the mother's opinion must count.

In Germany, if the father does not pay, CPS will pay and try to get the money from the father. In this legal abortion scenario, it would likely be similar or you sentence single mothers and their kids to life in poverty. However, it would have to be prevented that poor folks use it as a way to cheat the state and then later 'reconcile'. Therefore not only the mother's opinion must count.

If a woman is not in a position to have a child then she shouldn't have one. Its not a complicated issue. I think there should be a tremendous increase in general social support for children (directly, not economic support for parents) but really this isn't the issue at hand.

I'm surprised that more guys aren't disagreeing with this based on the decrease in sex it would cause.

If women knew they had to share in more of the responsibility, they would be more selective in who the let bang. A lot more dudes would be going home by themselves from the club on the weekend.

It would take a while for female self control to catch up to reality. Women are not difficult to bed, and this law wouldn't change that, it would just make men more eager to bed them, which might help turn around Sweden's current inability to reproduce at least at replacement levels.

I'm fine with it. Women can correct their one night stand mistakes, so why not give dudes the same choice.

Sounds liek equality.

I've always supported letting dudes opt out so long as they give adequate notice. A pregnant woman can inform the man at any point and the man has the option of opting out within a set amount of time after that. I think that's fair since it will balance the abortion side of the equation. Reproductive rights really should be available to men.

Of course, if the guy opts out then he can never opt back in.

This thread is about what happens after, slick. That's where the choices come into being. The fact that banging can lead to pregnancy is one thing, the idea that as a man you have zero options outside accepting the responsability of fatherhood is another. Try to keep up.

You had a choice. If don't have unprotected sex, you won't have to worry about the responsibility of fatherhood.

If you throw an apple up, don't complain when it comes back down.

If a woman's needs trump the kid's right to live, why does the kid's right to a fresh pair of kicks every 6 months trump the father's needs?

Last edited:
You had a choice. If don't have unprotected sex, you won't have to worry about the responsibility of fatherhood.

If you throw an apple up, don't complain when it comes back down.
right, cause creating a framework in which the man has ZERO alternatives sure is going to contribute to a good upbringing. that's just bs. (also, where is the woman in your example, why didn't she express the need for protected sex, knowing she might get pregnant? it's time to stop looking at women as helpless actors in this. most know exactly what they are doing)

in reality, people that are forced into parenthood may resent their kids and create a shit environment for that kid to grow. nobody appreciates having their back against the wall.how does that benefit anybody?

and no matter how may empty slogans are in this thread, the truth of the matter is that we are growing into a society that is more and more disconnected and traditional parenthood is dying. this new measure is just a sign of the times and it will undoubtedly win in the end.

Last edited:
right, cause creating a framework in which the man has ZERO alternatives sure is going to contribute to a good upbringing.

Men have zero alternatives? You could just not have unprotected sex with women when you aren't ready for a child. Sounds like a pretty reasonable alternative to me.
The only time you have no alternatives would be if you got raped. But examples of men raping women and becoming pregnant from the rape then suing men to financial support the child are pretty probably pretty rare.

in reality, people that are forced into parenthood may resent their kids and create a shit environment for that kid to grow. nobody appreciates having their back against the wall.how does that benefit anybody?

Sorry if "I resent my kid, therefor he I should be free to abandon him without reprecusions" doesn't exactly sound convincing.

this new measure is just a sign of the times and it will undoubtedly win in the end.

When exactly is "the end?".

Are you one of those retards that think modern leftism is the final, ultimate philosophy, and will be upheld and cherished for all of the future of mankind?

Men have zero alternatives? You could just not have unprotected sex with women when you aren't ready for a child. Sounds like a pretty reasonable alternative to me.
The only time you have no alternatives would be if you got raped. But examples of men raping women and becoming pregnant from the rape then suing men to financial support the child are pretty probably pretty rare.
zero alternatives after she lets you know she's pregnant.

That's how consequences work.
yeah, and my point is that this is not enough. christ, even if you kill someone there's a ton of alternative endings. you might even not go to jail at all.

but get a woman pregnant? oh boy, you're an automatic father. i believe this proposal in the OP will gain traction in time.

Back