Swedish Libs: men should be allowed to choose a legal abortion

JosephDredd

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Not a baby-killing abortion, but the right do disavow any children. Hence, the "legal abortion" is aborting his legal responsibilities.

I'm really curious to see how the left/right factions of the War Room square up on this topic.

Men who don’t want to become fathers should be permitted to have a “legal abortion” up to the 18th week of a woman’s pregnancy, say the young liberals.

The cut-off date coincides with the last week in which a woman can terminate a pregnancy in Sweden.

“This means a man would renounce the duties and rights of parenthood,” LUF Väst chairman Marcus Nilsen told The Local.

By signing up for a “legal abortion” then, a man would not have to pay maintenance for his child, but neither would he have any right to meet the child.

The group believes “legal abortion” for men would promote equality between the sexes in the early stages of a pregnancy, giving men a chance to opt out. Women would also benefit if they knew from the get-go whether a man was willing to commit to parenthood, the young liberals say.

I don't know anything about the group putting this forward, but there's a good chance they're insane:

The idea comes on the heels of two proposals last month that got tongues wagging: The young Liberals’ Stockholm branch said it wanted to legalize sibling incest for over-15s and to permit “consensual” necrophilia in cases where the deceased had written post-life sex requests into a will.

http://www.thelocal.se/20160304/let-men-have-legal-abortions

Last edited:
What? It almost sounds like a joke. It also sounds like some liberal men want sex without any responsibility. And it throws it all on the woman.

Anyway, If you made a baby, you take responsibility as the father. Be a real man.

Our world is going to Hell in a hand basket.

What? It almost sounds like a joke. It also sounds like some liberal men want sex without any resoponsibility. And it throws it all on the woman.

Anyway, If you made a baby, you take responsibility as the father. Be a real man.
what if you got drunk, banged some chick and you find out she's pregnant and you do not want the kid? fuck that.

i'm with those liberal swedes.

Sounds dysfunctional.

"Hey guy, wanna skip out and go back to your video games? Sign here"

I'd like that, it's better than punching your girl in the stomach.

That's why we have a messed up world. A bunch of kids with no father in their life.
ya, cause a father that is forced to be a father even if he doesn't want to sure is going to be a great dad.

I can see the sense tbh.

If abortion is legal to begin with, then I can't see why men shouldn't have that right.

this would help American athletes so much.

So when some money grubbing ho is pulling the used condom outta the garbage and pouring it In herself for her free ride for life.

Sounds dysfunctional.

"Hey guy, wanna skip out and go back to your video games? Sign here"

TBF... The same argument could be applied to women who choose to get abortions.

"Hey girl, wanna skip out and go back to drinking and clubbing? Sign here."

That's why we have a messed up world. A bunch of kids with no father in their life.

As if the world was better before people got divorced.

This fantasy world you right wingers think existed is a delusional fantasy.

Well this world is clearly filled with a lot of unwanted kids. Abortion can be a way for couples to make sure they are ready to take care of the kid once they decide to have one.

It's a double edged sword... Neither stance is pure imo.

Women don't have to worry about men leaving because marriage and raising children is such an awesome deal for men that no man would ever forego the privilege and honor. There's just too much fun, enjoyment, and respect to be lost by not jumping at this fantastic opportunity.

Back