Survivors of Mass Shootings Harassed by Conspiracy Theorists

Conspiracy Theories are popular on the net because:

1/ You can always find a community that shares like minded opinions
2/ That community will actively reinforce their own beliefs and actively resist outsiders (ie by upvote/downvote, by banning, etc., so that either the opinions are less heard or the persons are dissuaded from partaking in the conversation)
3/ Almost any opinion can be supported by 'facts' online if the person has limited critical thinking skills
4/ Almost any opinion is easily found when search engines are used with careful selectivity in search terms

and the shock value of conspiracy theories leads to lots of page hits. i think thats a factor too.

they spread faster than something that is true could. though, not all conspiracies are lies.

It doesn't bother me if the scum of the earth huddle together (online or otherwise) murmuring their stupidity at each other, but they should certainly be prosecuted for seeking out the victims and harassing them.

I can have empathy without announcing it to everyone. I don't need Facebook likes to be empathetic. But I'm the one that needs to grow up.

We'll see what your Facebook cause is next week.

Yes, you probably need to grow up. You sound like the type of person who tries too hard to be cool when really you should be trying to improve your reading comprehension. You keep talking about online this and online that. Nobody is talking about that but you.

Wow. You're so indifferent about things that happen around you. Real cool bro! I'm sure you get all the hot pussy with that attitude.

So you want to intimidate and bully people into accepting the official stories and narratives put out by the government and to stop asking questions. Awesome.

There's a difference in asking reasonable questions to find answers and spreading conspiracy theories.

There's a difference in asking reasonable questions to find answers and spreading conspiracy theories.

What is the difference between asking reasonable questions and spreading conspiracy theories?

What is the difference between asking reasonable questions and spreading conspiracy theories?

Do the reasonable questions involve asking the wattage of the moon-aka-light-bulb in the sky?

Sandy Hook was a false flag. The killer never existed, the children are still alive, the parents (and Gene Rosen) were and still are crisis actors. Proof of this is readily available online.

I wouldn't harass anyone online tho. This kind of thing goes on, unfortunately.
edgy little fucker aint ya

It must be easy to lose hope in humanity when you are first a victim of a deranged killer only to be harassed by lunatics that denies your most horrible life experience even took place!
what kind of people wants to share their "most horrible life experience" on mass media?

Hey everyone so I was forwarded this article earlier today on NPR about victims of mass shootings being aggressively harassed by conspiracy theorists who believe that they are actors for government false flag attacks. It's something a lot of people like to forget, but there are thousands of victims of these various terror attacks and even more family members and friends affected by watching their loved ones suffer.

https://www.npr.org/2018/03/20/5952...face-renewed-trauma-from-conspiracy-theorists

I think this type of behavior is absolutely disgusting. Thankfully, I've never seen something like this in person but you see it all the time online where those cowards can safely harass victims with the anonymity provided to them by the internet. There's definitely scumbags like that who exist in this very forum. I'll refrain from calling them out, but we all know who they are.

But it just makes me think about the responsibility people have when making these wild claims for people to see. The Sandy Hook massacre is a prime example. People started making all sorts of claims insulting the victims and the families who lost a child.

All of this harassment comes from conspiracy theorists. Hell, it came to a head with the pizza place getting shot up. So what responsibility do you think conspiracy theorists have for speading this filth under the guise of "just asking questions"?

To me it's like the same concept as a radical Islamist preaching hate and promoting extremist views with actual terrorists who do commit acts of violence. While they might not have lifted a finger themselves, they certainly encouraged the behavior didn't they? Nonviolent conspiracy theorists also encourage the actions of assholes who are aggressive and violent. And yes I get that real terrorism is way worse than assholes insulting families who just lost their loved ones or victims who suffered. It's just the concept that is similar. The moderate encourage the extreme.

Also I've noticed this conspiracy theory behavior is way more prevalent on the internet. They don't crazy test before they give you WiFi.

I wonder how long until the nutbags enter this thread trying to justify harassing Sandy Hook victims and such because "they know the truth" and they aren't "sheep".

So out of curiosity, does the media hold any responsibility in this?

I mean aren't these extreme conspiracy theories just the natural evolution of plausible deniability being a doctrine?

It doesn't matter what side you sit on. If your on the left, you think trump is living on plausible deniability. On the right, you think Clinton is living on plausible deniability. If your an Independent, you think everyone is living on plausible deniability.

I mean no matter what side you are on, you think people are lying with their accusations, and others are engaged in breaking the law and getting away with it. Why? Because the media told people this.

Isn't this all completely predictable?

what kind of people wants to share their "most horrible life experience" on mass media?
I don’t know, you tell me?

I don’t see anything wrong with sharing their stories, just as I write, the father of Crispin Beavington, who died in a terrorist attack talked about the immense pain of losing his son!

So out of curiosity, does the media hold any responsibility in this?

I mean aren't these extreme conspiracy theories just the natural evolution of plausible deniability being a doctrine?

It doesn't matter what side you sit on. If your on the left, you think trump is living on plausible deniability. On the right, you think Clinton is living on plausible deniability. If your an Independent, you think everyone is living on plausible deniability.

I mean no matter what side you are on, you think people are lying with their accusations, and others are engaged in breaking the law and getting away with it. Why? Because the media told people this.

Isn't this all completely predictable?

They are upset that they don't control the narrative anymore. Only the government can harass and investigate it's citizens, not the other way around.

People have a right to question events and narratives, and if they think actors are involved so be it.

They should not attack people though, obviously

I remember reading a story about a teenage girl that got decapitated by sticking her head out of a train window while trying taking a selfie, and some people online were emailing pictures of her gory corpse to her grieving father. Or that Westboro Baptist Church picketing funerals of dead soldiers and taunting the victims' families saying they deserved to die, that they were gay and would go to hell... which is far worse than simply questioning the circumstances of a tragic event, in my view.

Yes, there are evil people in the real world, but censoring/suppressing all negative speech and skepticism is not the answer; it sets a far more dangerous/destructive precedent. People simply have to learn to toughen it out, be able to tolerate, and ignore negativity that doesn't harm you on a physical level.

Is it though? It's happened in nearly every single major terror attack in the past twenty years. 9/11, Boston Marathon, Las Vegas, Sandy Hook, Pulse nightclub, et cetera. All of those incidents have resulted in victims and their families being harassed or attacked. Not only was the individual I spoke about earlier sent death threats, many other families suffered the same type of harassment.

These victims receive serious harassment that puts their safety at risk and nobody cares after a while.

Well if someons else is reading and is on the fence, maybe they'll see the truth and be guided to a more reasonable lifestyle. You'll never change the mind of more extreme people, but you can catch some before they get too deep.
False flags and fake news/events...

Sandy Hook was a false flag. The killer never existed, the children are still alive, the parents (and Gene Rosen) were and still are crisis actors. Proof of this is readily available online.

I wouldn't harass anyone online tho. This kind of thing goes on, unfortunately.
100%.

The same kids who 'died' sang at the super bowl sandy hook tribute. They used old pictures to create the identities/characters that were 'killed'.

Legit reporters like Sofia Smallstorm and countless others have proven this to be a hoax aimed at gun control by targeting people's emotions.

100%.

The same kids who 'died' sang at the super bowl sandy hook tribute. They used old pictures to create the identities/characters that were 'killed'.

Legit reporters like Sofia Smallstorm and countless others have proven this to be a hoax aimed at gun control by targeting people's emotions.

and any time anybody questions the 'facts' on tv they're accused of 'dancing on the graves of the victims' by a the left wing media mouthpieces. Anyone with a brain can see they're, at the very least legitimate questions.

Back