News Superlek vs Takeru is set for ONE 165 in Tokyo, January 28

Who wins?

• Total voters
Hasn't Panpayak already fought Superlek like 10+ times already, though?

In my opinion he wasn’t a big fan of Superlek either, I mean Superlek just did what Rodtang was supposed to do by the One propaganda: He ruled the flyweight muay thai division and started to dominate also in kickboxing. Only now they are accepting that Superlek is on another level
Yeah absolutely. Chatri done everting in his power to not make Superlek a star with his matchmaking. He was hoping he would lose and he could shelf him.
That's why it is so satisfying because he succeded in spite of this.

So he cancelled the fight? That's lame. I would have fought anyway. What happened to the warrior spirit?
Yeah, I'd have just gotten a training partner to fill in.

Notice in the fight Superlek didnt clinch at all until the final minute of the fight. Imagine how hard he must have been fighting his reflexes to clinch. Takeru starts unloading hooks on him and Superlek's solution was to deploy the Dutch shell and eat half the shots on his face. Its like he was proving a point to himself that he can win being 100% a kickboxer.

I was actually a lot more impressed with Takeru's efforts in round 4 than his 1 big barrage in round 3 as he got pieced up for the other 2 minutes of round 3. In round 4 he was kinda almost hanging with Superlek though a step behind the whole time. And of course most guys would have given up from the legs kicks after 2 rounds but Takeru fought throught 5 rounds of pain.

If Yodsanklai was the boxing computer Superlek is the boxing super computer. Takeru couldnt go 5 seconds without being jabbed, crossed, teeped, or blasted with a leg kick or knee, all with perfect selection. @Metatron as much as we joke around its cool you saw how special he was as early as you did.

Yeah absolutely. Chatri done everting in his power to not make Superlek a star with his matchmaking. He was hoping he would lose and he could shelf him.
He really wanted Rodtang to win against Takeru and that’s why he was so upset in the post fight interview blaming “the japanese potential stars” when the only potential star on that card was Takeru. The funny thing is that One now need money and they relied too much on a fighter that usually pull out fights(already turned down two potential money fights for them Superlek 2 and Takeru). That’s what happens when you give a big bonus to your favorite for beating Tabares.

Just about! Superlek is 3-4-1 against Panpayak, grand total of eight bouts against each other. Hopefully we never have to see Sitthichai and Marat fight that many times haha
You can’t get enough of Superlek vs Panpayak, it’s like watching two potential best ever skill wise fighting at the same age in the same era and beating everyone. If One marketing was smart enough to sell their rivalry.

Against Takeru? I think it's the opposite. I think Chatri brought in Takeru just so he could have his guys beat him.

Back