Superbowl...explain to non Americans

I like NFL and would be more of a fan but my Timezone makes it impossible to see live.
The Super Bowl starts at 7am on a Monday morning so I’m always at work.
I watched the 2021 as I was off that day and lots of bars open early for it, it was fun.

I’m not a fan of watching delayed telecasts or replays of any sport. Live is the best.

Stop acting like you dont know about the Super Bowl, you been on this forum for two decades, youve seen and read enough to figure it out by now
Y'all be fulla beans

<Lmaoo> <Lmaoo> <Lmaoo> <Lmaoo>
Was rooting for San Fran
I didn't remembered who won this morning
Hell of a party.

Went to my Hooter's like bar here in french canada.

I hope this pic won't get me carded or banned...

Screenshot_20240212-080623_Samsung Internet.jpg

I feel like Americans wouldn't understand how big the Superbowl gets down in Australia these days, heaps of pubs have a big do down here for it, and note it kicks off at 9am or thereabouts down here. NFL is a big thing here, probably more popular than the UFC, and that's big here too.

So people who dont even care or support either team actually tune in and watch this thing...WHY?

I didn't watch this year, but it's really 2 fold.

1) You're invited to a party and so you go. Football is just the context for the party. At some point you're watching a game you don't care about, but mostly you're hanging out and eating wings.
2) It is a major cultural event that some people don't want to miss out on and others CAN'T miss out on. If you're a sales guy and your clients are ALL going to want to talk football on monday morning, you'd better be able to hang with them. If you're just someone who wants to have idle watercooler chat at work... kinda the same thing.

Last edited:
Did not even watch a minute not interested for most people it os just nigjt to get drunk and to have somethimg to talk about tommorow at work. Other then that for nutral what do you.actualy cheer for if your team is not in it afc fans cheer for afc nfc for nfc and other bs

To Amers the Superbowl is like the World cup or Champions league final. Don't get the issue with it if you don't like it don't watch or use that time to get things done ascyou won't be bothered.

It’s basically become the thing todo because it’s a capitalist spectacle from start to finish with like 7 minutes of football in there. 50% of the people watching is just cause it’s the thing todo or they were dragged to a super bowel party by the significant other they are cheating on anyway. I bet Taylor swift had more air time than actual football played.

Was rooting for San Fran
Hell of a party.

hell of a tramp stamp

Did not even watch a minute not interested for most people it os just nigjt to get drunk and to have somethimg to talk about tommorow at work. Other then that for nutral what do you.actualy cheer for if your team is not in it afc fans cheer for afc nfc for nfc and other bs
it was incredibly loud through the neighborhood, then it got real quiet..... assuming the california home team lost..... <Fedor23>

It's a man's sport not your Euro foot fairy sport.
What self respecting man is going to let this happen in front of a crowd of people....f'n fruits! Lol

Yeah...
iu

iu

You are all busy butt touching.

So i have no idea WTF goes on with this thing

So people who dont even care or support either team actually tune in and watch this thing...WHY?

I understand you may get to see a free concert at half time(which can be watched on the internet without all the shitty American Football shit either side of it)

Seems like the most ridiculous thing ever to watch something for over 3 hours in which you have no connection to at all, other than being American

Consumerism.

Was rooting for San Fran
Hell of a party.

Is that the standard uniform for the day or just that one girls one

So i have no idea WTF goes on with this thing

I understand you may get to see a free concert at half time(which can be watched on the internet without all the shitty American Football shit either side of it)

Seems like the most ridiculous thing ever to watch something for over 3 hours in which you have no connection to at all, other than being American

It's horseshit, thanks.

You're welcome.

Anyone over the age of 12 who watches is a retard.

Corporate wank-fest.

Back