Superbowl...explain to non Americans

So i have no idea WTF goes on with this thing

So people who dont even care or support either team actually tune in and watch this thing...WHY?

I understand you may get to see a free concert at half time(which can be watched on the internet without all the shitty American Football shit either side of it)

Seems like the most ridiculous thing ever to watch something for over 3 hours in which you have no connection to at all, other than being American
It's really popular. Most featureded NFL games will do like 25-30 million views and then playoffs can easily double that.

Amateur football (college football) routinely does like 5-9 million viewers and that's amateurs.

A lot of people will also casually watch/follow football since there's only 17 regular season games. Way easier to follow than other sports (Hockey/basketball are 82 games and baseball is 162 games).

America football is unique in that they play so few games every game counts and is therefore an event. It's also the perfect sport for television because of how much time is spent not actually playing. It only requires your attention for a few seconds at a time so it's great for socializing too. Super Bowl is the culmination of all that.
Exactly. It has a fraction as many games as other sports so easier to follow.

The amateur league is really popular too so that helps (college football had like 25 games of over 7 million views this year and most people who go to a major university either attend games in person or watch them). Amateur baseball and hockey for example you'd have to pay people to actually watch either

Last edited:
It's really popular. Most featureded NFL games will do like 25-30 million views and then playoffs can easily double that.

Amateur football (college football) routinely does like 5-9 million viewers and that's amateurs.

A lot of people will also casually watch/follow football since there's only 17 regular season games. Way easier to follow than other sports (Hockey/basketball are 82 games and baseball is 162 games).

Exactly. It has a fraction as many games as other sports so easier to follow.

The amateur league is really popular too so that helps (college football had like 25 games of over 7 million views this year and most people who go to a major university either attend games in person or watch them). Amateur baseball and hockey for example you'd have to pay people to actually watch either
College Football Championship did 25m viewers.
Super Bowl will do 100m+

So people who dont even care or support either team actually tune in and watch this thing...WHY?

I understand you may get to see a free concert at half time(which can be watched on the internet without all the shitty American Football shit either side of it)

Seems like the most ridiculous thing ever to watch something for over 3 hours in which you have no connection to at all, other than being American
Yea you do you fuckin loser.

College Football Championship did 25m viewers.
Super Bowl will do 100m+
College football champion did around 25 million with it being on a cable channel which is impressive (if it was on network it would of done higher). Both NFL conference championship games did over 50 million each 2 weeks ago

I hope all the folks getting together have a fantastic time. As far as it being a sport worth watching or playing, ya right. Getting together with friends to have a BBQ, play a game or really anything is a better idea than a stupid sport where the guys wear tights and mash their heads into one another.

Is this Super Bowl suitable for use in the microwave? How does it compare to Corelle bowls?

In college football playoff games were called "Bowls". Hence the Bowl part of the name.

Sorry you’re not American.

No, people who don't care about either team or football generally are probably not going to watch if they're by themselves. People who don't might still meet up with friends who do, a lot of people bet on the game, so now you do have something to root for.

lots, but not when i dont have any sort of interest in the team/person
OK, Imagine if a random American is told that Tottenham and Brighton are playing this next Sunday. How/why are we supposed to care about teams we never heard of playing a sport we aren't interested in?

There's your answer.

The best commercials come via the sb I hope the game goes into quadruple overtime or the game ends in a tie
( Is that even possible In a sb) ?

OK, Imagine if a random American is told that Tottenham and Brighton are playing this next Sunday. How/why are we supposed to care about teams we never heard of playing a sport we aren't interested in?

There's your answer.

EPL does not have a final. Its champion is determined by a point system. It does not have a "Super Bowl".

There is nothing more ridiculous than people tuning in to watch commercials. It's amazing really.

Taylors's plane just landed safely in Los Angeles so I'm happy to say she made it back in plenty of time to enjoy the game tomorrow, I am so relieved but also excited for her

So the Chiefs win the Super Bowl. Thanks for spoiling the game for me, bro! :mad:

LOL at American sport „spectacles“.

Most boring shit. Red white and blue, some ridiculous oversaturated choreo with crap.

Just like the cuisine, trash. Sorry.

The Superbowl = New Year's Eve 2.0

Most people show up to get wasted with other people until the game is over.
Then everyone goes home. Hardly anyone really watches the game. It's more about partying your ass off.

I like high stakes sport.

This is some of the highest stakes available. Guys playing like their lives depending on it.

That being said,I havent watched a super bowl in about 9 yrs,but I have watched many of them in the past

There's your answer.
i dont get the point you are trying to make, you could tell 99% of football fans in the UK the same thing and they wouldnt give a shit as well

Back