Suggestions for anime movies

Satsui Ryu

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I haven't really been into anime since the 90's, but every so often I get the urge to check something out. I go to Netflix and see what they have and it feels like its a bunch of series that are variations of the same tropes. Since I do not have much time to commit to a series anyway I'm looking for some suggestions for good movies to check out.

Anime is just a word to cover up the fact that they're still watching cartoons.

Elfen Lied is a great one. It's a series, but a super short one. 13 episodes, 20 minutes each. It's on Hulu and Amazon.

For movies, Sword of the Stranger is a great one. If you haven't watched since the 90s, anything by Hayao Miyazaki is worth watching. Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle. If you like Spielberg-y adventure-y type stuff.

A lot of the best anime is in series though. You should check out Death Note, Monster, and Texhnolyze if you want to really go down the rabbit hole sometime.

I always thought Spirited Away was a cool movie. Well until I found out it was a bathhouse the protagonist was working in and looking up what really went on in Japanese bathhouses

The movie went from cool to awesome for me at that point.

I also liked Princess Mononoke, but couldn't help thinking, during the movie, that the wolf girl must smell like all kinds of ass

I always thought Spirited Away was a cool movie. Well until I found out it was a bathhouse the protagonist was working in and looking up what really went on in Japanese bathhouses

The movie went from cool to awesome for me at that point.

I also liked Princess Mononoke, but couldn't help thinking, during the movie, that the wolf girl must smell like all kinds of ass

Can't go wrong with Miyazaki

My fav was always

nausicaaposter.jpg

Elfen Lied is a great one. It's a series, but a super short one. 13 episodes, 20 minutes each. It's on Hulu and Amazon.

For movies, Sword of the Stranger is a great one. If you haven't watched since the 90s, anything by Hayao Miyazaki is worth watching. Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle. If you like Spielberg-y adventure-y type stuff.

A lot of the best anime is in series though. You should check out Death Note, Monster, and Texhnolyze if you want to really go down the rabbit hole sometime.

I dig Miyazaki. Loved almost every thing he has done, even Ponyo. Always seem great trippy stuff. But Anime often leaves me bored, and I don’t like homoerotic undertones. I did like Castlevania, and will tryDeath Note.

I dig Miyazaki. Loved almost every thing he has done, even Ponyo. Always seem great trippy stuff. But Anime often leaves me bored, and I don’t like homoerotic undertones. I did like Castlevania, and will tryDeath Note.

Death Note will hook you from the very first episode, like it does to everybody. Incredible watch. Enjoy.

And if you like Miyazaki's work, check out last year's huge hit film called Your Name. It's not by him, but it's definitely inspired by his style, great stuff. Recently broke the record for the highest grossing anime of all time. And it's about a boy and a girl, so you don't have to worry about any repressed homosexuality bubbling up.

For shows:
Claymore
Castlevania (only like 4 episodes right now though)

Movies:
Berserk parts 1-3
anything by Miyazaki

For shows:
Claymore
Castlevania (only like 4 episodes right now though)

Movies:
Berserk parts 1-3
anything by Miyazaki
Castlevania was awesome. I just read they are doing an 8 episode second season. Was also very surprised that it was actually produced in the US.

Golgo 13?

I think there's a Miyamoto Musashi cartoon movie I could never find.

Death Note will hook you from the very first episode, like it does to everybody. Incredible watch. Enjoy.

And if you like Miyazaki's work, check out last year's huge hit film called Your Name. It's not by him, but it's definitely inspired by his style, great stuff. Recently broke the record for the highest grossing anime of all time. And it's about a boy and a girl, so you don't have to worry about any repressed homosexuality bubbling up.
You Name was in theaters last year and I almost invited the family but qe went there for the lego movie where I slept.

I kinda liked sucidal organ it’s a new movie I rented it on amazon

th

It is NOT cutsey. The kid with the white hair snatches hearts out of people, puts it in a baggie, and give it back to them before they die.

And he's a good guy. You'll have to watch to see what the evil guys do. :eek:

Hisoka = GOAT level character in Hunter X Hunter!

I really liked Akame Ga Kill. The ending was bittersweet for me though.

Can't happen but

BERSERK

Guts
dolph-lundgren-the-punisher-movie-marvel.jpg

Caska
4746-1600_jpg_500x312_crop_q85.jpg

Griffith
Leonard-DiCaprio-as-Louis-XIV-the-man-in-the-iron-mask-6399459-340-500.jpg

Judeau
d37c15e47c5432cc793dca218181897d.jpg

Pipin
latest