Suggestions for anime movies

Vampire Hunter D and Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust.
Ghost in the Shell 2 Innocence
The Animatrix

I know you said anime, but some of the new super hero animated movies are good. It's one thing that DC can do right.
The Killing Joke is a lot darker than you'd think it would be, it's rated R.

Last edited:
For shows:
Claymore
Castlevania (only like 4 episodes right now though)

Movies:
Berserk parts 1-3
anything by Miyazaki

I’ve only watched berserk 1 but the others are on my que in Netflix

Need to catch up on them.

I’m way behind on super also.

Watched sword art online with my kid. It was good for the most part
The first half of sword art online 2 is good. Skip the second half

This movie series:
  1. Berserk: The Golden Age Arc I - The Egg of the King
  2. Berserk: The Golden Age Arc II - The Battle for Doldrey
  3. Berserk: The Golden Age Arc III - The Advent

Ninja Scroll is must.

Also by the same guy (Yoshiaki Kawajiri) is Wicked City (very good, not quite a must) and Vampire Hunter D (a must).

Akira is a must.

Hunter X Hunter is an extremely high quality show, as mentioned previously. Very hard to not really like this show.

That's a good start for you. Sherdog has some decent recommendations for Anime in previous threads. Search them.

It helps to specify what you're looking for. Action, Gore, Fantasy, Futuristic, ect.

Edited because I knew I was forgetting something.

Fist of the North Star - A MUST if you post on sherdog and call yourself an MMA fan!

Last edited:
I really enjoyed Tokyo Ghoul series. That's one of the few modern anime's ive watched. I was into it a lot in the late 90s.

If you haven't seen Vampire Hunter D bloodlust,that shit is phenomenal.

Ninja Scroll is must.

Also by the same guy (Yoshiaki Kawajiri) is Wicked City (very good, not quite a must) and Vampire Hunter D (a must).

Akira is a must.

Hunter X Hunter is an extremely high quality show, as mentioned previously. Very hard to not really like this show.

That's a good start for you. Sherdog has some decent recommendations for Anime in previous threads. Search them.

It helps to specify what you're looking for. Action, Gore, Fantasy, Futuristic, ect.

Edited because I knew I was forgetting something.

Fist of the North Star - A MUST if you post on sherdog and call yourself an MMA fan!
I'm into the more action oriented stuff. Always liked the futuristic cyberpunk aesthetic. I generally prefer more mature themes avoiding some of the corny tropes of newer anime.

every anime is some half demon half human shit.

I'm into the more action oriented stuff. Always liked the futuristic cyberpunk aesthetic. I generally prefer more mature themes avoiding some of the corny tropes of newer anime.
Sounds like we probably have similar taste. The movies I listed are all plenty violent, with both Akira and Wicked City being a little futuristic (particularly Akira).

You just can't go wrong with Ninja Scroll and Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust, and Akira. These are extremely well-made and have all the positive elements of most critically-acclaimed movies. The happen to be in cartoon form.

The great part about Anime is that if you like these movies, there are literally hundreds of equally good shows get into, as well.

How could I forget Mad Dog 34. Lol
740full-mad-bull-34-screenshot.jpg

Have fun!

every anime is some half demon half human shit.
Why bother posting this nonsense? You clearly don't know shit about anime.

A suggestion - why not ask the people here what a good anime is that DOESN'T have some half-demon half-human shit is and enjoy watching something new, and maybe even learn something so you aren't so pathetically ill-informed on the subject matter?

Then next time the subject comes up, you can actually contribute to the discussion and explain why you liked what you did, and why you didn't like what you didn't.

Is it that hard?

A suggestion - why not ask the people here what a good anime is that DOESN'T have some half-demon half-human shit is and enjoy watching something new, and maybe even learn something so you aren't so pathetically ill-informed on the subject matter?

Then next time the subject comes up, you can actually contribute to the discussion and explain why you liked what you did, and why you didn't like what you didn't.

Is it that hard?

This is awesome,please don't hurt me mr from the internet anime man. Don't banish me to the shadow realm with your half demon/half human powers that somehow combined make you stronger than either!!!!

next thing,dude gonna say indie films are about something else other than gay cowboys eating pudding.

Is it that hard?

Ironically the one I'm about to recommend to TS is Demon vs Human shit lol

This is awesome,please don't hurt me mr from the internet anime man. Don't banish me to the shadow realm with your half demon/half human powers that somehow combined make you stronger than either!!!!
<{anton}>

Cowboy bebop is good too

Zero half demon shit for those trying to avoid that

GANTZ is one of my favorites just cause its so fucked up. This movie is just the tip of the iceberg as well. The GANTZ rabbit hole runs deep

Back