Submissions 101 Competition Footage......

DarceBrabo

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Guys,

A good friend of mine pointed this link out to me earlier: YouTube - 10th Planet Victoria Competition Footage

What are you guys' thoughts on this (even though all of his guys are in Novice and Beginner divisions, just want your opinions). Something that I really pondered about was how in the hell does Ari Bolden sleep at night knowing his students now have more competition footage than him?!? I'm fairly certain there were Intermediate, and Advanced Divisions (which as a Purple Shirt he should have had to enter the advanced division). How can Ari Bolden himself lead an army of competitors not knowing what it feels like to get out there and compete yourself?!?

I love the double guard jump at 4:15! I don't think I've ever seen anything quite so spastic and awkward by both competitors at the same time. :icon_chee

I love the double guard jump at 4:15! I don't think I've ever seen anything quite so spastic and awkward by both competitors at the same time. :icon_chee

Or when the guy on top in the same match (the red-headed guy that everyone's raving about in the comments) repeatedly sits back to his own guard instead of passing the other guy's guard. All of a sudden both guys are sitting on their asses across from each other, and neither seems to realize that he should capitalize and take the top position.

The kid at 2:28 with the crackhead control had some nice entrances to the armbar, I use that same swim move, well not the same but the same basic idea.

Awww man, there was one point where the Submissions 101 guy literally reached back while INSIDE the closed guard. I mean his arm was literally inbetween the legs and everything.

Basic fundamental Jiu Jitsu FTW

they scissored.

scissor-me-timbers.jpg

You know, my original question still stands, how could Ari Bolden sleep at night bringing these guys in there to do battle and he himself couldnt even got out there on the mat?!? Man, Ari is a real piece of sh*t. The only reason he joined 10th Planet, instead of going to BJJ Academies that were in a 10 mile driving radius of where he lives, is because he didnt want to bear the humility of strapping on a white belt. So instead of actually training with good guys, and paying dues, he took a shortcut and bought his belt from Eddie Bravo and is now a Purple Shirt who wont even get on the mat to compete to show he's worthy.

Ari knows what he's doing, and has always known. Thats why in his old youtube videos, he was wearing a BJJ Gi, with a black belt, teaching BJJ techniques, claiming it was all in the love of Japanese Jiu Jitsu.

So here you have all of us, paying our dues, getting our as*es kicked throughout the ranks to EARN our grades the right way, and he strolls along and lines Eddie's pockets with seminar money (not in addition to the money from starting an affiliate school), and BAM! Here's the purple shirt. Ari, if your reading this (and I know you've got your cronies getting messages from Sherdog to you), MAN the F*ck up. Quit hiding behind your ego, get out there, and actually try to learn some Jiu Jitsu and get off of that pedestal that you hold yourself so highly on.

Oh yea, send your guys over to Zuma so they can learn some fundamentals, because they need it BADLY.

Ari will never compete. He would get raped in purple/advanced divisions. I just talked to a noob at the gym the other day who asked me if I watch submissions 101 stuff. I asked him why I would want to watch a BJJ whitebelt teach, with so much better stuff out there. He said "oh, I thought he was a blackbelt". Ari has to hide behind a lot of things to protect his ego, so that his hordes of white belt noob fans don't realize he actually is complete bullshit.

Ari will never compete. He would get raped in purple/advanced divisions. I just talked to a noob at the gym the other day who asked me if I watch submissions 101 stuff. I asked him why I would want to watch a BJJ whitebelt teach, with so much better stuff out there. He said "oh, I thought he was a blackbelt". Ari has to hide behind a lot of things to protect his ego, so that his hordes of white belt noob fans don't realize he actually is complete bullshit.

This is what yields to the fact that he bought his belt. Eddie knows what REAL Purple Belts are like. For f*cks sake, this basically means Ari is 2 steps away from being a black belt. I hate to sound like a douche, but for those guys who lost to Ari's guys, I feel really bad for them. I'd commit Seppoku if that ever happened to me.

I feel bad for the guy's students. They sign up seeing BJJ, 10th Planet,Eddie Bravo's group,etc... and they are getting trained by a spank.

I was there by the mats waiting for my division, and I saw this. Everybody was like whoa! Haha, I never seen that in person before!

I was there by the mats waiting for my division, and I saw this. Everybody was like whoa! Haha, I never seen that in person before!

Did you have to fight any of his guys? PLEASE tell us about the event! What was the level of guys there? Did ALL of his guys compete in the Novice and Beginner divisions, did ANY of them try Intermediate (I know Ari has some Blue Shirts that train with him)????????

he seems like a good guy but yeah i know is creds have been in question for a while now

Did you have to fight any of his guys? PLEASE tell us about the event! What was the level of guys there? Did ALL of his guys compete in the Novice and Beginner divisions, did ANY of them try Intermediate (I know Ari has some Blue Shirts that train with him)????????

At the Arnold's there were a ton of blue shirts competing in the beginner division.

(referencing the last fight)
If that red headed kid has trained for 16 months like is claimed in the comments, his technique demonstrates why you shouldn't train there. Hand between the legs, base all your weight forward on your hands, push on the abs, almost no concept of how to pass a guard. The kid he faced looked like he has barely been to a bjj class. A 16 month student should have walked over that kid.

At the Arnold's there were a ton of blue shirts competing in the beginner division.

(referencing the last fight)
If that red headed kid has trained for 16 months like is claimed in the comments, his technique demonstrates why you shouldn't train there. Hand between the legs, base all your weight forward on your hands, push on the abs, almost no concept of how to pass a guard. The kid he faced looked like he has barely been to a bjj class. A 16 month student should have walked over that kid.

10th Planet JJ Victoria Blue Shirts? My main concern is with the Victoria Blue Shirts.

Haha i actually thought that he wasnt so bad with the weight difference and all, maybe i didnt saw the video with attention xD

10th Planet JJ Victoria Blue Shirts? My main concern is with the Victoria Blue Shirts.

It would be a hell of a drive to ohio. Victoria or not though, I would think that there is a similar skill level between affiliated schools. I was just giving an example that 10th planet blue shirts tend to compete in the beginner division, so the victoria blue shirts probably would too. Which would also make it seem that Ari could wrestle intermediate.

It would be a hell of a drive to ohio. Victoria or not though, I would think that there is a similar skill level between affiliated schools. I was just giving an example that 10th planet blue shirts tend to compete in the beginner division, so the victoria blue shirts probably would too. Which would also make it seem that Ari could wrestle intermediate.

Blue Shirts were in the beginner division?!?!?!?!?!? Blue belts are supposed to compete in the Intermediate, and Purples on up are in the advanced. Man oh man, Sandbagging these days is getting ridiculous.

Blue Shirts were in the beginner division?!?!?!?!?!? Blue belts are supposed to compete in the Intermediate, and Purples on up are in the advanced. Man oh man, Sandbagging these days is getting ridiculous.

I saw a few blue shirts LOSE in the beginner division. They got their rubber guards passed and they were like fish out of water. I heard they had a sick brown shirt there though, but I didn't get to see him.

Back