Submissions 101 Competition Footage......

Umm....The video description says they are all white shirts and were entered in the intermediate division... Is he serious?

Umm....The video description says they are all white shirts and were entered in the intermediate division... Is he serious?

You see that Padlock?!? A person who was AT the tournament just said that the little red headed kid was in the beginner's division, but Ari's description said everyone entered the intermediate division. YET ANOTHER ARI BOLDEN LIE. The guy in all honesty again, is a piece of sh*t.

So now he's putting tags in his videos of "10th Planet techniques", and lying about the division that his guys were entered into. -Shaking my head at this douche-.

No Sherdoggers went to the seminar? I think he has one coming up again soon. I check his website at times to see what dumb shit he has posted.

He for sure didn't roll at his seminar? He didn't have to get all alpha on some kids? (he actually stated that on his site before).

No Sherdoggers went to the seminar? I think he has one coming up again soon. I check his website at times to see what dumb shit he has posted.

He for sure didn't roll at his seminar? He didn't have to get all alpha on some kids? (he actually stated that on his site before).

I'll go to one of his Chicago seminars as long as he rolls.

i've sparred with a few of these 10th planet guys and what always strikes me about them is how easily you can break them down with good basics. the little red headed kid was ok, i thought. plenty of innovation just needs to improve his basic game. sure the basic game is ugly and repetitive, but that's the most effective way in my experience.

wow... really dont care much, but Ari boldan has some respect out there so let the shit ride...

...if his tech work for me or not is the only question I have for him...if they dont forget hiim..

as for the competition thing...I dont know how I feel about that yet... you could still learn a lot from a guy even if he didnt compete in his life, but I think that wont matter to alot of people, because ppl hate boldan alot.

Does he roll at his seminars or in his school? Has anyone rolled with him?

I feel like I have read that he does roll alot in his seminars and school.....

You mean this picture?

groupshot2914416.jpg

The guy far on the bottom right on the bottom row looks like Ari's twin bro. And the guy right in the middle, left of the guy in the Sonia Dada shirt, looks like Jeremy Sisto.

97a892c7-6621-4b79-b64f-f1cf5a2aa7fa.hmedium.jpg

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GPo2RMHgSKQ&hl=en&fs=1&start=36"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GPo2RMHgSKQ&hl=en&fs=1&start=36" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

hahaa gnub!

pwnZorz!

wow... really dont care much, but Ari boldan has some respect out there so let the shit ride...

Who respects Ari Bolden??? I can dig up threads on the UG, JJG, and this forum all over 8 pages with Black Belts that hate him.

...if his tech work for me or not is the only question I have for him...if they dont forget hiim..

as for the competition thing...I dont know how I feel about that yet... you could still learn a lot from a guy even if he didnt compete in his life, but I think that wont matter to alot of people, because ppl hate boldan alot.

Aside from him never competing, he's never trained BJJ either. Just went straight to Eddie Bravo because he refused to wear a white belt. Why do you think he only does NoGi, and refuses to go in the Gi? HE WILL NOT BEAR THE HUMILITY OF WEARING A WHITE BELT.

Does he roll at his seminars or in his school? Has anyone rolled with him?

I'm sure he rolls with all of his white belts at his school.

I feel like I have read that he does roll alot in his seminars and school.....

Where did you read that he rolls in his seminars if this was the first seminar that he taught??? Again, rolling in his school shouldnt be tough, because all of the white belts there suck worse than he does.

Actually, I read a post by Keith Owen (black belt under Pedro Sauer) that Ari is going to be training Gi under Keith. Now as to what belt Ari is going to wear, I don't know, but Keith is as legit.

Actually, I read a post by Keith Owen (black belt under Pedro Sauer) that Ari is going to be training Gi under Keith. Now as to what belt Ari is going to wear, I don't know, but Keith is as legit.

Keith may be legit, but Ari's promotions will be as legit as Josh Griffiths black belt (that's a whole different thread). Basically what it comes down to is that Ari won't have to see Keith on a regular basis, and will probably end up getting yet another rank he doesn't deserve. It makes no sense to do that training abroad when Marcus Soares has an academy within a 10 mile radius of you.

That's like living 20 minutes away from Saulo's University, but deciding to train at an academy somewhere on the East Coast instead. Its ridiculous.

Ari needs to humble up, and pay those dues man, THAT'S the reason I never let things go. We all had to strap that white belt on, at some point in our training, so so should he.

That's like living 20 minutes away from Saulo's University, but deciding to train at an academy somewhere on the East Coast instead. Its ridiculous.

I totally agree with you on that. I was just pointing out what I read. Like I said, the post I read didn't say whether or not Ari was going to be starting as a white belt or not.

Ari needs to humble up, and pay those dues man, THAT'S the reason I never let things go. We all had to strap that white belt on, at some point in our training, so so should he.

No doubt.

When my coach first started training Gi, he had been training no-Gi for almost a decade and when it came time to put on a Gi for the first time, he had no problem wearing a white belt. He earned his blue less than a year later and is close to his purple now, but he trained as a white belt for a while at the beginning and never once complained even though he was arguably at a blue belt level even back then.

He was completely humble about it and very open to his students as far as what rank he wore. Even though he's been a black belt in Karate for years, he never wore his Karate black belt in Jiu-Jitsu or anything like that the way Ari will wear his JJJ black belt with an Atama Gi while teaching techniques generally associated with BJJ.

And before anyone says "there are other arts that include armbars, chokes, etc", I understand that and totally agree, but if you watch the JJJ stuff Ari teaches in his seminar vids you can CLEARLY see the difference between that stuff (have your opponent punch then hold it for 10 seconds so that you can throw 3 chops at their throat, then trip them, and finally finish with a wrist lock) and the stuff he was showing in his Sub101 YouTube videos (horribly inaccurate basic half guard passes, sweeps that were missing key details, etc).

I'll go to one of his Chicago seminars as long as he rolls.

Arghg! I totally forgot about that. I saw the videos of his trip on youtube, though. Ari seems like a nice guy, but his guide, Tom, was annoying as hell. He's some goofball suburbanite and 60% of what he said about Chicago was wrong. You see a lot of suburbanites who only come into the city when they have visiting guests trying to be tour guides and not know anything. Sorry, that's just a pet peeve of mine.

Man Fuck this herb!

I'm a Black belt in one martial art, and a brown in another, and I alos have had to put on a white belt after even training no-gi for 15 months. I feel like it takes guts and being humble to do that. Not everyone can, let's be honest. But if you CAN'T suck it up and put that white belt on, then don't train. It's a huge part of starting something new. You shouldn't be able to just pay yuor way into another belt because you're embarrased to have a white belt on.

One more thing. In many classical japanese arts,after years and years of wearing your black belt, it becomes frayed and starts to becom gray, then white again. What does that say? Metaphorically speaking? It's all a cycle and really the white is the most important belt.

Ari is on there swearing that his guys were all in intermediate or advanced minus the redhead

I don't know the guy from Adam, so I don't know if he's a puppy kicking asshole or the sweetest most wonderful guy you could ever know. What I do know is he is selling a subpar product with misrepresentation. And that bothers me because it lacks integrity and it looks like he's just jumping on the BJJ money train.

I call out fraud where I see fraud. I've steered people away from gyms, supplements, diets, athletic equipment, etc because after my evaluation, I believe it's fraudulent. So no, I don't think insinuating that we're acting like women squawking about Ari is accurate or fair. We're a community of serious grapplers who are bearing witness to a virulent fraud, and calling him out on it. Stuff like this is how BJJ gets to start a descent into becoming more like TKD.

Man, take a gander at dude in the front row, lmao. That's something else I hate, guys that have never surfed a day in their life, and have no intention to, but throw up the "hang 10" surf sign.

That's pretty cool that you know everything about that man's past, present and future.
I wish I had omnipotent knowledge of other people.
I'm also impressed by how much you know about the "surf sign."

Back