Stripping Conor would be best for everyone

Thaijitsu612

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Even him.

Conor and his team still want nate III. If Conor is stripped this fight will be unimpeded by title defense obligations. Conor and his fans can keep boasting that he never lost a belt.

This would do zero damage to conor's drawing power.

This obviously opens up khabib vs tony for the belt. I think it's more likely Conor wants to fight one of them if he's chasing the belt rather then defending. But if he doesn't decide to fight again at least the division is moving again.

The win streak of khabib/tony winner vs conor's never lost the belt would be easy to hype

He's cued up for Ferg in March/April.

Everyone just get off his back & let the man work.

Dropping the Belt to take on a lesser opponent will be terrible for him. He'd never outlive the ducking references. Not gonna happen.

Well,it wouldn't be best for Conor hahaha but otherwise I agree. I think his days as champ are numbered. They are gonna strip him in '18 if he don't play ball soon.

MrSinister-1024x576.jpg

Even if they strip him or they don't strip him Tony sits on the Lightweight throne.

Hopefully Conor can challenge the Champion.

Everyone, including all the other UFC fighters, consider Tony the actual champ. At this point, Conor is nothing more than a paper champ, and fans have virtually stripped him of his title long ago.

Timestamped

giphy.gif

Even him.

Conor and his team still want nate III. If Conor is stripped this fight will be unimpeded by title defense obligations. Conor and his fans can keep boasting that he never lost a belt.

This would do zero damage to conor's drawing power.

This obviously opens up khabib vs tony for the belt. I think it's more likely Conor wants to fight one of them if he's chasing the belt rather then defending. But if he doesn't decide to fight again at least the division is moving again.

The win streak of khabib/tony winner vs conor's never lost the belt would be easy to hype
giphy.gif

a million casuals supporting Conor have more power than 100,000 supporting legitimate competition. no need to strip him.

tony is the champ in the mind of fans who enjoy the sport and competition.

conor is the champ in the mind of fans who value theatrics and showmanship.

khabib will fight tony. after that we can discuss stripping conor if he does not step up to the winner of that matchup.

He's cued up for Ferg in March/April.

Everyone just get off his back & let the man work.

Dropping the Belt to take on a lesser opponent will be terrible for him. He'd never outlive the ducking references. Not gonna happen.
If he was working people would be off his back. Do you have a source on the ferg fight?
Well,it wouldn't be best for Conor hahaha but otherwise I agree. I think his days as champ are numbered. They are gonna strip him in '18 if he don't play ball soon.

I think taking an easier fight against nate makes him more money. And his fans think nate is better anyway.

Everyone, including all the other UFC fighters, consider Tony the actual champ. At this point, Conor is nothing more than a paper champ, and fans have virtually stripped him of his title long ago.
View attachment 324377

Even if they strip him or they don't strip him Tony sits on the Lightweight throne.

Hopefully Conor can challenge the Champion.
Timestamped

giphy.gif

Everyone just needs to get over the Floyd fight happening. If you count the number of fights Conor has been in since he got in the UFC... & then take Tony's record in that same time frame. The number of fights is exactly the same.

<TheWire1>

Conor actually has one more than him if you count the Floyd fight.

He will be back soon to unify... everyone's just getting their red panties in a wad for no reason. The Floyd fight had to happen. Get over it. Now we're moving on from Oct. 6, 2017 when Conor's opponent was named.

CbDUQae.gif

a million casuals supporting Conor have more power than 100,000 supporting legitimate competition. no need to strip him.

khabib will fight tony. after that we can discuss stripping conor if he does not step up to the winner of that matchup.
I have no issue with that and hopefully soon khabib vs ferg is made. I just want to see the division moving

If he was working people would be off his back. Do you have a source on the ferg fight?

I think taking an easier fight against nate makes him more money. And his fans think nate is better anyway.
Nah he needs to save the Nate fight for when he loses to the top 2 guys at LW. Keep that on the back burner.

Everyone just needs to get over the Floyd fight happening. If you count the number of fights Conor has been in since he got in the UFC... & then take Tony's record in that same time frame. The number of fights is exactly the same.

<TheWire1>

He will be back soon to unify... everyone's just getting their red panties in a wad for no reason. The Floyd fight had to happen. Get over it. Now we're moving on from Oct. 6, 2017 when Conor's opponent was named.

CbDUQae.gif
His opponent was named three months ago and he's made no indication of signing a fight deal.

<TheWire1>

CbDUQae.gif
The Floyd fight was back in August. Conor still doesn't have an opponent named. Paper champ/Duck McNuggets - deal with it.

Coach Kav actually called for March/April as well, but I couldn't find that interview. I promise I read it though. That aside... here is Kav saying that Ferg is next.
https://www.inquisitr.com/4639894/conor-mcgregor-next-fight-coach-john-kavanagh-picks-tony-ferguson-over-nate-diaz/

If you listen to this interview from Conor for about a minute... you'll hear him weighing the options & resolving that the belt defense is what he wants next. https://youtu.be/YD_e8nZ18Vk?t=37m59s

His opponent was named three months ago and he's made no indication of signing a fight deal.

The Floyd fight was back in August. Conor still doesn't have an opponent named. Paper champ/Duck McNuggets - deal with it.
Ferg was allready booked for the interim on Oct. 6th. What's Conor supposed to do, take another opponent when the interim is up for grabs in his division?

I'm sure it takes a bit to re-acclimate back to MMA as well. Stance is completely different. I would actually had been surprised if he jumped straight into something tbh.

You reckon Conor's going to give up having people like you & me lighting up the forums talking about him by releasing a statement that gets everyone settled & not talking?

Here's 3 valid references just above this post.
http://forums.sherdog.com/posts/137537187/

Last edited:
You reckon Conor's going to give up having people like you & me lighting up the forums talking about him by releasing a statement that gets everyone settled & not talking?

Here's 3 valid references just above this post.
http://forums.sherdog.com/posts/137537187/
I don't even hate Conor far from it actually.

I just ain't stupid. His social media game riling up the masses, telling them how good he is fools a lot of people. Fact of the matter is he has 2 absolute beasts circling him and neither are Nate Diaz level.

My critique of Conor will still be what it was. He could of gave up that belt, rather than stall and hold the division hostage. I hope he does come back and fights Tony because let's face it i really want to see the 3 of them all fight each other. That's what the fans deserve in my opinion.

I don't even hate Conor far from it actually.

I just ain't stupid. His social media game riling up the masses, telling them how good he is fools a lot of people. Fact of the matter is he has 2 absolute beasts circling him and neither are Nate Diaz level.

My critique of Conor will still be what it was. He could of gave up that belt, rather than stall and hold the division hostage. I hope he does come back and fights Tony because let's face it i really want to see the 3 of them all fight each other. That's what the fans deserve in my opinion.
I don't doubt the "absolute beasts circling him" part... but he's been in this situation since he fought Portier... then again with Chad... then again with Aldo... then everyone said Alvarez waz gonna school him. They thought his wrestling was easy pickings for Alvarez. He tried like hell for those TDs & didn't get it.

I understand how everyone looks at ufc 205 & how long it's been a break from MMA.... but it's not like he was sitting on the couch the whole time. He was actually fighting the GOAT boxer. A truly real GOAT is who he stepped in the ring with.

Then his MMA opponent wasn't decided till Oct. 6th. i think everyone just needs to chill a minute & quit jumping to conclusions.

The people who enjoy the sport and the competition more think that the guy who beat the #7 LW in the world is the real champion over the guy who beat the #1 LW in the world?

Odd.

Stripping Conor would not be best for anybody except for the rabid haters who can't stand every day that Conor has the belt.

Tony is out due to surgery. Khabib just fought. No fight is possibly happening for at least 2-3 months just considering the length of a training camp alone. Let alone promotion.

Believe it or not, but Dana wasn't talking out of his ass when he said that they would wait till the spring to decide things about Conor. Because unlike the rabid haters who want things done now that has never been how the fight game has ever worked unless we're talking about last minute replacement fights. Which this is not.

Back