Media Strickland doesn't think Navy Seals can last a week training with him; Navy Seal reacts

No, kid. Not enough.
You are not truly conceding because you still did not see that reality is just far over your head (just above your shame, which seems to dictate why you are unable to think it outside the box).
Because the SEAL would get it done in ANY way he deems it needs to be done for the objective. IF it is (at all) needed.
Just name like a single strike or technique that Sean just would be completely unprepared for. He going to try to eye gouge him? Bite him? Like what are these top secret true grit and determination fighting skills he would use that one of the best fighters on the planet could not defend?

It's weird that none of these SEALs ever jump over to MMA and become a champion. I mean they have all of this ability to just destroy any human on the planet, but they cant do it if there are rules? That's what you're saying? No rules, unstoppable force. Rules, well unfortunately they just don't stand a chance. Stop saying "They just train to get the job done." and say what they would actually do.

Yeah. But to be fair everyone overestimates a seals ability to fight. They’re designed to fight in teams, with guns bombs ect, using speed surprise and violence of action. 1 vs 1 you have a good chance if you have training to beat them up. You’ll find a jacko or Tim Kennedy here and there that know fighting shit well but by and large, war is fought with guns, over emphasizing hand to hand fighting is dumb.
And even then, to your point, those who can fight usually have undergone specific training. Tim Kennedy was/is an MMA fighter, Jocko trains in BJJ. Etc...etc. Tim would not have been as successful if he just had some cardio and relied on whatever training he had in the military and went straight to MMA.

It really is a dumb argument. "An MMA fighter can beat a non MMA fighter in an MMA match" Of course. We see this all the time too. "Arm wrestler beats bodybuilder in an arm wrestling match"

If we expect people from the military to jump in the octagon and just wreck shop without any MMA training, then we should also expect MMA fighters to be able to perform as well in high stress, life or death situations in a foreign country executing high level operations.

Why even compare the two? MMA fighters and any military special forces are both tough in their own respects. No shit a Navy Seal would probably struggle keeping up with an elite MMA fighter in training just like Sean would probably struggle with their more intense training in water.

How about we have Strickland fight a Navy Seal (of their choice) in water in a glass octagon that's 10 feet deep with 10 foot walls.

Sean would outpoint any Navy SEAL with a 15% edge in landed jabs, making everyone wonder why bother scoring 'fights' and declaring a winner when they could have just had some sort of jump roping contest instead.

The hand to hand fighting ability of all branches of the US military are higher over stated. Sure, I'm sure there some guys can go, but the average US solider would get his ass kicked by a civilian. With that being said, strickland is a douche and would probably cry like a bitch doing seal training.

It's weird that none of these SEALs ever jump over to MMA and become a champion.

It's ludicrous to think that SEALs have any ability to hang with MMA fighters in unarmed combat. However, I will say that the retired military guys who became MMA fighters are some of the mentally toughest bastards to step in the ring. Like Cro Cop and Randy Couture.

And that French spec ops guy Benoit St. Denis, he was nearly murdered in his debut by EZDS and it seems to have made zero impact on his drive/motivation. You cannot tell me that he would quit in a Sean Strickland training camp lmfao.

you're a dumbass if you think a navy seal would last a week of MMA training with a former MW champion. they'd be totally broke by day three. cardio doesn't teach you head movement, striking strategy, submission defense, wrestling at the highest MMA level. moron.
Well someone who thinks a mma fighter just because they are an mma fighter would be able to go through a full seal training is also fooling themselves. Because seal training is not just about the physical toll but the mental toll also. It’s a complete meat grinder. You get it from both sides.

And even then, to your point, those who can fight usually have undergone specific training. Tim Kennedy was/is an MMA fighter, Jocko trains in BJJ. Etc...etc. Tim would not have been as successful if he just had some cardio and relied on whatever training he had in the military and went straight to MMA.

It really is a dumb argument. "An MMA fighter can beat a non MMA fighter in an MMA match" Of course. We see this all the time too. "Arm wrestler beats bodybuilder in an arm wrestling match"

If we expect people from the military to jump in the octagon and just wreck shop without any MMA training, then we should also expect MMA fighters to be able to perform as well in high stress, life or death situations in a foreign country executing high level operations.
Agreed. The whole topic is dumb, but this thread entertains me so does Sean’s absurd comments. It’s like reading a troll thread but not being certain if the troll is serious. Either way, I am entertained.

Well someone who thinks a mma fighter just because they are an mma fighter would be able to go through a full seal training is also fooling themselves. Because seal training is not just about the physical toll but the mental toll also. It’s a complete meat grinder. You get it from both sides.
i never made that argument though. i'm only saying a SEAL wouldn't hang with Sean. period.

Buddy of mine is lifelong military, one these specially trained killers. No doubt about it, he's prepared to eliminate anyone he thinks is a target.

That being said, he sucks at wrestling and I know I can beat his ass in MMA. These are different worlds, and anyone with a modicum of knowledge of either side of it knows it.

exactly, so why would a SEAL with less than MMA training be any better? they wouldn't, they would be worse off, and to think a SEAL would somehow pull striking acuity out of his ass and have any sort of meaningful exchange in a striking sparring session, is totally laughable.

Did you know that Strickland trains with female fighters as well as bantamweights and flyweights? Do you think that they have any meaningful exchanges with Strickland?

But hey, they all somehow survive a week of training with him. Just like how Sean survives training with Ngannou. And anyone can understand why this is, except for you apparently because you're willfully braindead and refuse to comprehend the difference between training and a real fight.

Last edited:
Did you know that Strickland trains with female fighters as well as bantamweights and flyweights? Do you think that they have any meaningful exchanges with Strickland?

But hey, they all somehow survive a week of training with him. Just like how Sean survives training with Ngannou. And anyone can understand why this is, except for you apparently because you're willfully braindead and refuse to comprehend the difference between training and a real fight.
says the guy whose willfully braindead and refuses to comprehend the difference between SEALS MMA/Striking/bjj/wresting levels and Sean's UFC champion level experience. They just wouldn't last, they'd get concussed, dropped, tagged, hit easily. Esp Sean with his jabs. They'd look worse than dricus did, after 10 minutes. let alone be able to rack up consecutive training sessions. no way theyd last.

It's ludicrous to think that SEALs have any ability to hang with MMA fighters in unarmed combat. However, I will say that the retired military guys who became MMA fighters are some of the mentally toughest bastards to step in the ring. Like Cro Cop and Randy Couture.

And that French spec ops guy Benoit St. Denis, he was nearly murdered in his debut by EZDS and it seems to have made zero impact on his drive/motivation. You cannot tell me that he would quit in a Sean Strickland training camp lmfao.
I agree with all of this. The guys that leave those jobs to move to MMA will do just fine. But the idea that some people have, where they'd just show up and win is wild.

I don't think Stickland or a Navy Seal could last a week at my desk job.

My eyes are strained by the end of day.

And my mouse wrist, you don't want to hear more...
Really put it on them, take away the chair. Make them use a stand up desk. They'll be out before lunch.

The hand to hand fighting ability of all branches of the US military are higher over stated. Sure, I'm sure there some guys can go, but the average US solider would get his ass kicked by a civilian.
I have to disagree with you on that point. The average civvie is obese, has no idea how to fight and struggles with staircases. They're far more likely to get sparked by a no-hook private inside of a minute than vice versa.

Rest assured, in the hard army trades (infantry, sappers, etc), special forces, and Marine Corps the average member is fit to fight and willing to throw down. When you get to the clerks and admin positions.... meh.

Back