Strengthening fingers | Page 2

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by nino, Jun 13, 2017.

1. NurseKnuckles My Mom's stronger than you belt

NurseKnuckles
  2. ConorAdams White Belt

ConorAdams
    The common answer is usually to either use hand grips or a bucket of rice, personally I found the bucket method way too easy, if you are a beginner to hand training or coming back from an injury it's great but anyone with even a few months of lifting experience will find it not challenging enough.
    Hand grippers work pretty well, especially when done with a 2-3 second pause, but I found pinch gripping made the most difference to my hands. The issue is it's really awkward to do and hard to increase the weight by a small amount. An accomplished arm wrestler showed me a great tip, pin one side of an empty bar under something to keep it still, then load the other end with plates (preferably flat ones), 10-15kg is good for a beginner. I like to start off by lifting the weight first with my thumb, pinky and ring finger because those two fingers are the weakest, then I do the same with the index and middle finger. Last set you can up the weight and pinch the weight with all your fingers.
    I had stalled with the 250 captains of crush, 6 months after doing pinch grip training im doing negatives with 350, very close to getting it. Pinch gripping looks completely stupid which is why I avoided it for a long time, but it is very effective.

3. Demogoblin Black Belt

Demogoblin

thanks that helped a lot i did that with my routine my hand was fractured 9 months ago but thanks
    helped a lot more than that stupid web that my physical therapist told me to order[/QUOTE]

Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
  4. spin_ Silver Belt

spin_
    Nice

5. aus101 Brown Belt

aus101
    Double overhand deadlift. Finger deadlifts (start the index finger alone with the bar, then use two, three etc), chin up bar hangs, plate pinch farmers carry (because the pinch grip forces you to use a light weight I like to do unilateral farmers carries here, one plate at a time).

I can do two fingers chins and finger tip chins on the top of doors now, it works well.