Strength Training For Fighters

Why all this disrespect? Nothing constructive, but lets analyze what this guys have to say in the forum:

bushman: http://forums.sherdog.com/search/29252815/

two threads about guns, in one he makes a question adding nothing to the forum, in the other thread he wants to talk about guns in general, nothing constructive.

MandirigmaFit: http://forums.sherdog.com/search/29253071/

Hes a coach who goes with his wife to asia, goes to cambodia to train, yet no one useful post. His opinion in this post is "lol". You are a coach and go to cambodia and your professional perspective about another coach is that you laught about his work.

latflare: http://forums.sherdog.com/search/29253601/

Likes to talk about cocks, dicks and chest hair, nothing that we can benefit again

wufabufa (the fuck you say): http://forums.sherdog.com/search/29253703/

He have three threads, two wondering about the future of professional fighters in a malicious perspective (who will lose the belt?) nothing down to earth or aplicable information. The other post is a question, again no adding value but requesting it.

I bet you're a lot of fun to be around.

I appreciate the insight into the community here. I definitely have no aspirations of becoming the forum guru by any means. I thought about posting this here because this was a forum I read a lot of when I was first getting into training and thought that if there were people like me coming here for information this would be valuable for them.

I hope some of you get some benefit out of the series and I definitely look forward to the feedback, hopefully about more than my level of sexiness LOL

I watched your videos and the power video wasn't bad. As others have mentioned, whenever someone new comes onto the board and presents work as you have, they are just waiting for the sales pitch. That's why you're getting the reactions you are getting.

There is a lot of good knowledge on S&C, but there's not a lot of good conversation about how to properly apply it. We are stuck with three types of posters, retarded Crossfit enthusiasts that get shut down, trolls, and arrogant intelligent lifters who laugh at the former.

I think you will find success in your endeavors by continuing the discussion of power development and endurance for fighters. We could use videos on proper programing over the months. I hope to see more videos!

I appreciate the insight into the community here. I definitely have no aspirations of becoming the forum guru by any means. I thought about posting this here because this was a forum I read a lot of when I was first getting into training and thought that if there were people like me coming here for information this would be valuable for them.

I hope some of you get some benefit out of the series and I definitely look forward to the feedback, hopefully about more than my level of sexiness LOL

Great. Hope you stick around and join the general conversation. The forum needs more people who know their stuff.

I watched your videos and the power video wasn't bad. As others have mentioned, whenever someone new comes onto the board and presents work as you have, they are just waiting for the sales pitch. That's why you're getting the reactions you are getting.

There is a lot of good knowledge on S&C, but there's not a lot of good conversation about how to properly apply it. We are stuck with three types of posters, retarded Crossfit enthusiasts that get shut down, trolls, and arrogant intelligent lifters who laugh at the former.

I think you will find success in your endeavors by continuing the discussion of power development and endurance for fighters. We could use videos on proper programing over the months. I hope to see more videos!

That makes a lot of sense. If I'm thinking about my own reactions to a lot of people in the S&C world I'm usually waiting for the sales pitch as well.

The plan for the first few videos is to build up a base of understanding for people who are new to some of the ideas I talk about (which I'm gathering most of this forum will already be familiar with) and then move into how I apply these ideas with the athletes I work with so I hope you enjoy it.

Hey guys, I'm sure a lot of you already have a good understanding of this BUT this is one of the biggest things I try to re-enforce when I start working with new athletes: you can't cook yourself in the weight room if you expect to be your best when it comes time to roll, spar, hit the bag, whatever.

The extra progress you get from giving 100% vs 90% is marginal when it comes to gym work and in my opinion it's not worth it for fighters.

(Excuse the click-bait-esque title, lol)

Also, I went for my sexiest looking option for the start of the video... I hope bearman likes it.

If you actually want to help people and not just pitch a product, join in the discussions going on in the other threads, and stay away from posting your own videos.

S&C has a long history of scaring off big shot posters. Nice to see who's next for 2017.

S&C has a long history of scaring off big shot posters. Nice to see who's next for 2017.
EZA's thread started about the same, and when people saw he actually knew what he was talking about and wasn't just trying to sell a product, he became a respected member of the forum.

There is a long list of charlatans who have joined to peddle their crap and were chased away.

Last edited:
CBongelli, I enjoy watching your videos and keep up the good work. You probably know this, but your last video on the secret to progress, the Russian uses that methodology for strength training.

EZA's thread started about the same, and when people saw he actually knew what he was talking about and wasn't just trying to sell a product, he became a respected member of the forum.

There is a long list of charlatan's who have joined to peddle their crap and were chased away.

I'm thinking Chris Duffin, Kyle Keogh, et al.

95% of Chris' posts were on the threads about himself that he started himself.

95% of Chris' posts were on the threads about himself that he started himself.

Yeahhhhh... like this one, right?

Also, I just had a chance to watch the Power video. In my opinion, it's bro science garbage. Especially the zero-sum "strength vs. speed" old-school myth.

Last edited:
I'm thinking Chris Duffin, Kyle Keogh, et al.

Oh fuck off, no one ran off Keosawa. Dude was basically the most respected poster on here, he outgrew the forum like a buncha fuckers do.

Oh fuck off, no one ran off Keosawa. Dude was basically the most respected poster on here, he outgrew the forum like a buncha fuckers do.

Maybe he got tired of infantile pricks telling people to fuck off.

giphy.gif

Back