Strength in Interesting Places IV: I'm too sexy for these logs

Still alive update

Haven't posted for a long time.

A combination of a back injury and being really busy/traveling a lot have destroyed my consistency and set back progress quite a bit. I thought my back was normal again when I got back to Thailand but I hurt it again twice. I won't go into details but it seems worse than before in some ways and it became evident that I need to take a break from stressing it for a while. I guess I wasn't motivated to log because it gets pretty tedious recounting the same continuing loop over and over again.

Lots going on with work. My company didn't win phase II of our Syria project- despite getting various awards, positive media coverage in the UK, high praise from many quarters. So we're in the process of winding that down. I am going to work on a project in Jordan, about economic policy, which I am looking forward to. I like living in Amman- it's modern, good restaurants, great gym, easier to get back to BKK. I will still do short-term Syria stuff because I have become one of the more knowledgeable people in my company. Other stuff is hotting up- the work I did in Lebanon was very well-received and that will lead to follow-on work next year. (I actually just came from there- Friday working and Saturday having fun- it was awesome.)

I was going to not bother logging... but now I feel like it is better for accountability and so I should probably do it. I am probably going to do slightly more BBish stuff as I feel like a bit of extra muscle will be useful whatever. I know in the past I haven't gone at accessory work with the same focus on progress- logging might help me with that. But I might open a new log.

And everything was going so well. Did you hurt it in the gym?

Welcome back. Legit thought you were dead

Haha, thanks. Honestly it's not super-likely that that sort of thing would happen to me. I mainly do technical work and management, so I am likely sitting in a pretty comfortable office somewhere, either in charge or advising people who are in charge. For Syria stuff, we are not even allowed in- the areas where our projects are are just way too dangerous. Stuff does happen here in Turkey, as you'll be well aware, but it happens everywhere these days.

And everything was going so well. Did you hurt it in the gym?

Yeah. So actually, I hurt it using the cross-trainer. First time trying it in ages, it was clearly messed up the second I stepped off it. Actually, that was quite helpful for putting my finger on what the issue was- I guess rotating the spine and hips was what caused the issue, not necessarily bearing a load with my back. That explains why running would mess it up, but squatting didn't I think.

But unfortunately, after that time seemed quite bad- maybe because I did an activity that was almost perfectly designed to agitate the injury. Whereas it can take several weeks of running to agitate it, this did it straight off. It took quite a long time to shift. When I finally went back to squat, the first time was very light and okay, but the second time I felt something new. Basically, a very strong twinge right in the centre of the spine while at the bottom of the squat, which was followed by it being messed up again. Normally when I get the back-knack I can't quite localize it but it might be a bit more to the side- possibly around where the SI joint is. So this seems new. Anyway, I took a while off, but then next time I squatted, exactly the same thing. That led to the worst symptoms I've had for a while.

So yep, now I don't want to put much downward force on it for a while. I only have one back, and it's particularly sexy so I want to look after it.

RIP jaunty's log. The Thai whores and Turkish food was just too much

After I've been gone from Sherdog for a while, one of the first things I do when I come back is to look at this log to see if Jaunty is still alive.

Not a big fan of the 10 week gap in posts. Hope all is well and that there's not a katoey running around with your kidneys.

Edit/Update: Sherdog thinks he was last seen Friday.

Jauntys tombstone

He died of suffocation by way of 4 Thai whores.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back