Strength in Interesting Places IV: I'm too sexy for these logs

Thursday

Gym
  • Bench press: 5 sets of 3 @82.5kg
  • BB curls in the squat rack: 6 sets of 15 @25kg
  • Standing unilateral landmine press: 3 sets of 10 @40kg
  • Swimming: 35-40 minutes
Managed to get the volume of work up a bit, felt okay afterwards. Bench is down though- I suppose a combination of the diet, the break I took in Beirut, and the loss of volume since I have been back. Satisfied overall though.

Diet

Almost exactly the same as yesterday- I had my proteins already cooked, and ingredients at hand were the same. I suppose I eat slightly more seared vegetables with my salmon in the evening. But no slippage at all, and it was honestly pretty easy. Today will be a semi-cheat day. I might have a small snack before the gym, and I will go out with a friend tonight and eat and drink.

I weighed myself yesterday, and I was 77.5kg. On Saturday, I was 80.5kg- using the same scales, wearing the same clothes (underwear only). Obviously you can't lose 3kg of weight in 5 days unless you have super-powers (23,100 accumulated calorie deficit is kind of difficult to achieve in 5 days unless you can transform into fire or run at super speed). So I guess that when I weighed myself on Saturday I was retaining a lot of water. Maybe it was from all the booze I had in the airport the day before. Realistically I've only done enough to burn about 1.5lbs. Lucky this is pretty easy, as it will probably take the best part of a month to get where I want to be.

Do you have a meal prep day? My fiance and I basically cook all my lunches for the week one day (this week was lamb tikka masala, but we've Done burritos, chili, stew, whatever. ) we cook and portion it out for 5 days. Also she makes me these awesome candy bars out of 90% chocolate and mixed nuts.... that's it, chocolate and nuts and some salt. Bitchin. God I love her. Today Is Our 5 Year anniversary.

Anyways, meal prep. It helps. Like 80% of my calories are the same every weekday. Except today I had some pancakes... pancakes are good. Waffles are better. You Get What I'm Saying right? Like the opposite of the tardis, more outside than inside. Waffles.

MeaL prep, girlfriend, candybars, tardis, meal prep. It's all there somewhere.

Do you have a meal prep day? My fiance and I basically cook all my lunches for the week one day (this week was lamb tikka masala, but we've Done burritos, chili, stew, whatever. ) we cook and portion it out for 5 days. Also she makes me these awesome candy bars out of 90% chocolate and mixed nuts.... that's it, chocolate and nuts and some salt. Bitchin. God I love her. Today Is Our 5 Year anniversary.

Anyways, meal prep. It helps. Like 80% of my calories are the same every weekday. Except today I had some pancakes... pancakes are good. Waffles are better. You Get What I'm Saying right? Like the opposite of the tardis, more outside than inside. Waffles.

MeaL prep, girlfriend, candybars, tardis, meal prep. It's all there somewhere.

Usually I spread it out over two days, but yeah- I usually make a big pot of something on Saturday and a another big pot of something on Sunday. Some in the fridge, some in the freezer. It keeps me from having to cook properly during the week nights, which is really important. I haven't been doing it here to quite the same extent because with the austere diet I am physically not eating that much. But I have been preparing proteins in batch- the other day I poached a big salmon fillet, other days I might boil a few chicken breasts.

When I'm home in Thailand I don't cook at all though. Because, Thailand.

I chase down a deer on foot then choke it to death with my bare hands them Feast on their carcass for a few days until it becomes unsavory or some lesser predator finds it

I chase down a deer on foot then choke it to death with my bare hands them Feast on their carcass for a few days until it becomes unsavory or some lesser predator finds it

Ideally, you should laze around occasionally beating up weaker males while your women catch and kill the deer, bring it to you and then wait for you to mate with them,

Friday

Gym
  • Chins- 5 sets of 10 @ BW
  • Plank- about 4 sets, 45 seconds each
  • Back extensions- 3 sets of 20
  • DB rows- 3 sets of 10 @ 30kg
  • Cross-trainer- 51 minutes
  • Burpees- 40 seconds on/20 seconds off, 7 rounds
The cross trainer was basically fine but by the time I finished the Burpees I was wiped out.

Bodyweight was 79.5kg before my workout, 78.5kg after. Probably shouldn't be weighing myself quite so often, it's clearly pretty variable at the moment and so I don't know how much information I am getting.

Diet

Went out last night, nice restaurant then Tapas bar. Stuck to the diet up until the evening... but stuck away a good amount of food and plenty of booze.
  • Breakfast- one scoop of protein, 100ml of yoghurt with quarter of an apple, a few blackberries and raspberries, a few spoons of muesli
  • Lunch- chicken salad (boiled chicken breast, half avocado, carrot, cucumber, quarter of an apple, balsamic vinegar)
  • Dinner- cheese burger, a few fries, some tapas (steak pieces and chicken slices on french bread), two glasses of wine, four beers, a couple of shots of Kalua
30 minutes after the burger and first glass of red wine I felt so damn good, it was unreal. Little bit hung over when I woke up, but

Saturday

Gym
  • Front squat: 6 sets of 3 @ 90kg (full ROM)
  • Deadlift: 100kg x3, 110kg x3, 120kg x3, 110kg x3
  • Swimming: 25 minutes
Had a slight ouchy in my back after the cross trainer yesterday. It didn't effect squats but it felt a little odd during DLs. After it was quite tight for the rest of the day, but it feels 90% now. Sure it will be fine tomorrow.

Diet
  • Breakfast: one scoop of protein
  • Lunch: one chicken breast, two carrots, half an avocado, quarter of a tomato, three spoons of Quinoa, quarter of an apple, dressed with salt, pepper and balsamic vinegar
  • Dinner: 175g of poached salmon, seared vegetables (three mushrooms, half an onion, a few pieces of broccoli)
Also had a medium skinny ice late (about 90 calories) and the milk in my coffee. Other than my cheat day I have been eating mostly the same stuff for a few days now, so should probably mix it up. I have some beef I am defrosting and might have a vegetable omelette for dinner one night. On the other hand, it's just 4-5 days more of this then I am back to Thailand and then I will eat normally again.

Log update

I am over 1,000 posts in this log, might open a new one. I think I may just call it "JauntyAngle: International Man of Mystery".

Sunday

Took a day off the gym to rest my back, but stuck to the diet 100% yesterday.

Starting to notice a difference in the mirror too.

They are not impressive without flattering lighting and angle selection... but I may well do it.

When I resume the diet in November, I will definitely take and post them regularly. For science.

MdHY0bR.gif

Monday

Gym
  • Bench press: 7 sets of 3 @82.5kg
  • DB concentration curls: 3 sets of 10 w/14kg
  • Stationary bike: 40 minutes
Bench feels like it is coming back a bit. Went to do some landmine presses, but they hurt my back. That is going to be a few more days to be 100% I think. Should have done pec deck or some shoulder raises I suppose, but it was getting a little late.

Diet
  • Breakfast: 1 scoop of protein
  • Lunch: Steak salad- 250g steak, one carrot, half tomato, half avocado, two spoons of Quinoa, (dressed with balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper)
  • Dinner: 200g of poached salmon, seared vegetables (half onion, a few mushrooms, a little broccoli)
Lunch would have been a bit more calorific than normal, due to it being steak and a larger serving of protein than I have been going with. But still stuck to the diet and would have been a big deficit for the day.

Tuesday

Gym
  • Chins: 5 sets of 10 @ BW
  • Planks: 5 sets of 45 seconds
  • Inverted TRX rows: ladder to 7
  • Dips: 5 sets of 5 @ BW
  • Pec deck: some
  • Stationary bike: 35 minutes
Pretty quick session, didn't push myself, but it was okay.

Diet
  • Breakfast: one scoop of protein
  • Lunch: salad with 200g of poached salmon, two spoons of Quinoa, half an avocado, one carrot dressed with balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper; 100ml of youghurt with some fruit and muesli
  • Dinner: 200g steak with seared vegetables
Extra yoghurt with lunch, so probably an additional 120-130 calories or so.

Just under 77.5kg after the workout today, which I think I believe. Very satisfied with the results since I have been doing it for only 10 days. I head back on Thursday, I will probably keep the diet going right until I leave if I can (in particular not eat or drink anything in the airport). Very likely I will break under 77kg if I do. Looking forward to doing this for 3-4 weeks next time I am back in Turkey, although also looking forward to getting back to Thailand and eating and drinking tonnes.

Wednesday

Gym
  • Front squat: 5 sets of 3 @ 92.5kg
  • Hamstring curls: 3 sets of 10 @ very light weight
  • Swimming: 40 minutes
Decided not to risk DLs as my back was still a little ouchy. Felt really good after this session.

Diet

After quite a lot of reflection I decided to start winding down my diet a little early. Such an extreme diet probably does beat you down a bit, and I want to be feeling 100% again by the time I get to Bangkok tomorrow afternoon. So breakfast and lunch were normal (protein shake and salmon salad) but I went out for a really good dinner and had a couple of glasses of wine. It's quite possible that even then I was under maintenance though. Today I will more or less follow it- had breakfast but will do the low carb/low calorie lunch and dinner. But I will probably eat more in the lounge and on the plane- I upgraded to business class and I intend to enjoy it.

Still very keen to do this in November, for 3-4 weeks.

Travelling

Okay, Jordan is done for now.

Going home for three weeks. Right now I am sitting in the business lounge in the airport waiting for my flight. Like an idiot I blew a significant amount of cash upgrading for the flight back.

Stopping off in Bangkok for a couple of days. I got back together with the girl I was seeing in spring and early summer, so I will be seeing her. I actually thought I was fine going back to the single thing, but I found my enthusiasm for other girls was a bit low, and this girl is pretty damn great.

Will be working most days while I am home... But I will be home.

Ideally, you should laze around occasionally beating up weaker males while your women catch and kill the deer, bring it to you and then wait for you to mate with them,

Although this in theory is true wisdom. My internal blood lust mandates I kill to survive and I ran out of ravines for all the dead hookers

@Obscure Terror He's probably doing some proper covert shit.

I was watching the tv a few weeks ago in the morning and there was an ex Mi5 spy giving an interview on tales of war and taking out terrorists in broad daylight without the general public knowing a thing. We never saw his face, and his voice was disguised.
Was it you @JauntyAngle ?

In all likelihood he's probably shooting some yt vids in an orange jmnpsuit.

Too soon?

Back