Street fight - Biting against BJJ

How come people assume that those who are trained in a martial art will fight fairly and those who aren't trained will be doing the dirty tactics, somebody who knows the same dirty tactics as you and has BJJ training to boot will be in serious trouble.

the 'anti-bite'

454035484.0_standard_730.0.jpg

How come people assume that those who are trained in a martial art will fight fairly and those who aren't trained will be doing the dirty tactics, somebody who knows the same dirty tactics as you and has BJJ training to boot will be in serious trouble.

Yep - as described, the guy who bit me is a purple.

And to be clear.. an acquaintance, but NOT one of the guys in our club (should anyone have an idea of who I am).

That sucks man. I understand people acting so childish when they get drunk. If I understood your first post correctly, you're out for 6 months because of a bite? Did you actually catch anything or what?

Oh this was beyond childish. Full psychotic break.

No, I'm not out thankfully. Since I know the guy he confirmed he gets tested regularly for work and is clean. My initial test came back negative for everything with immunity to Hep B (hooray mandatory college vaccines many many moons ago!) and the wound has long since scarred up. I suppose there is a narrow chance he's a liar, but that's doubtful knowing him (outside of psychotic episodes). Everyone at the club knows the general idea of what happened without the person being named since the Charleston area is a fairly small BJJ community..

Oh this was beyond childish. Full psychotic break.

No, I'm not out thankfully. Since I know the guy he confirmed he gets tested regularly for work and is clean. My initial test came back negative for everything with immunity to Hep B (hooray mandatory college vaccines many many moons ago!) and the wound has long since scarred up. I suppose there is a narrow chance he's a liar, but that's doubtful knowing him (outside of psychotic episodes). Everyone at the club knows the general idea of what happened without the person being named since the Charleston area is a fairly small BJJ community..

Please update us.

Imagine having your balls bitten while you're trying to triangle someone. <DCrying>

I of course agree that when you are in a dominant position you can bite him as well even do him more harm, but when I'm fighting someone I don't want to bite him first, I'd never do that. What happens if he bites my neck and cause some serious damage? Jaws are incredibly strong... Wouldn't a strong bite on the neck finish the fight? Isn't it like killing technique? And how many people really think about protecting their necks when the fight starts? I don't know... I'm just confused. If the guy attacks the groin or eye gouge you, it is painful and uncomfortable, but it doesn't seem serious as neck biting, at least to me.

I’ve thought of this quite a bit, I always try to remind myself that the moment I hit side control, it’s knee city.

Co-worker got bit by a guy who didn't want to be arrested. He was fine, was able to get in a better position of control and cuff the guy

If my untrained fat content worker can succeed when bitten I'm confident bjj practitioners can ass well

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back