Stock market is freaking out - something is going on

It's strange. I thought the massive spending bill being pushed in the Senate yesterday would boost stock prices, but the market tanked today instead. Usually market goes up on the news of increased public spending, tax cuts and wage growth. They don't seem to be the case at the moment.

I think there is some concern that the increased debt is going to increase the cost of borrowing for the Feds which will result in higher interest rates.

Something about how wonderful he is. He's the greatest president in history, you know.
"It's a fantastic correction, maybe the best ever. Obama built up this yuge bubble which I inherited. I fixed the problem and I will continue to make America great again."

"It's a fantastic correction, maybe the best ever. Obama built up this yuge bubble which I inherited. I fixed the problem and I will continue to make America great again."

That's spooky. I could hear it in his dopey voice and everything.

This is just the stock market. It ebbs and flows.

I knew it was overextended back in November. I watched in disbelief as it just kept climbing and climbing. Then the new year came and I said, "January is going to SUCK" because we were so overdue for a correction. The market went straight up something like 7% in January. Toward the end of January, I took my 401k out of the market (which I haven't done since 2015) and sold most of my stocks.

This correction was inevitable, and foreseen by anyone who knows anything about stocks. It's come down extremely quickly, which is a bad sign, but not surprising given the uncharacteristically vertical climb it's endured.

The question is not whether the stock market corrects, but rather how much it corrects compared to how much it has risen. For example, a 5% correction is bad if the previous run up was only 5%. Meanwhile, a 10% correction is really strong if the previous run up was 30%.

Metals aren't moving like I thought they would be.

As the DOW was climbing, I was selling more gold, silver, and numismatics alongside the climb.

I expected my phone to start ringing off the hook like it usually does during a downward move because everyone wants to get ahead of a crash.

Not the case. Physical metals are down as well, and not many are purchasing numismatics.

Strange. Suggests to me that not many are worried right now.

Glad we did our investing back when it was 11k. If it crashes, it crashes.

Buy in slowly instead of on a single day. More important in times of volatility, don't take unrewarded risk.

You also need a strategy and stick with it and not make bad decisions based on emotions.

It doesn't rise forever you cans..

Someone should have probably mentioned this to Trump
That's why I hate it when politicians take credit for the stock market. It's beyond their control. The best thing they can do is foster a strong economy and reduce bureaucracy.

just bought some WB and BABA

<209Bitch>

nice. I was a fool and bought some baba when it up a week ago. I have been swinging that stock and made money off it every time. I am holding this one. Did youknow that Baba is bigger than Amazon and Walmart combined?

I would be buying more but all my money is tied up in falling stocks. lol.

baba.jpg

That's why I hate it when politicians take credit for the stock market. It's beyond their control. The best thing they can do is foster a strong economy and reduce bureaucracy.

Psychology plays a major role in markets and I do believe Trump has had at least some effect. I have heard numerous CEOs say that. Trump is a snake and exactly the kind of person who will let traders get away with shit. We always hear people on the right bitch how regulated the market is and it is holding it back. The opposite is true. Deregulation is the problem.

I consider trading to be psychological as anything else. IT doesn't matter what is true, it matters what people believe. That is why stocks like Tesla were pumped to the sky for no reason. Cult like behavior. Without the flair and cult surrounding Musk, that stock would probably be half its price. He is still trying to do this and now failing. "Look, a rocket!" As tesla continues to lose money and be behind on production.

Psychology plays a major role in markets and I do believe Trump has had at least some effect. I have heard numerous CEOs say that. Trump is a snake and exactly the kind of person who will let traders get away with shit. We always hear people on the right bitch how regulated the market is and it is holding it back. The opposite is true. Deregulation is the problem.
Deregulation will usually lead to short term gains, before crashing hard down the road. What's peculiar about this correction is that the effects of Trump's tax cuts and deregulation haven't manifest itself yet. I was thinking S&P 500 and Dow Jones have about 15% room to go up before losing steam, so I bought in heavily in some 3X leveraged ETFs (tech, healthcare and aerospace). My portfolio got smacked around like a midget in a professional wrassling ring in the past week.

Back