Stock market is freaking out - something is going on

Psychology plays a major role in markets and I do believe Trump has had at least some effect. I have heard numerous CEOs say that. Trump is a snake and exactly the kind of person who will let traders get away with shit. We always hear people on the right bitch how regulated the market is and it is holding it back. The opposite is true. Deregulation is the problem.

I consider trading to be psychological as anything else. IT doesn't matter what is true, it matters what people believe. That is why stocks like Tesla were pumped to the sky for no reason. Cult like behavior. Without the flair and cult surrounding Musk, that stock would probably be half its price. He is still trying to do this and now failing. "Look, a rocket!" As tesla continues to lose money and be behind on production.

I was surprised when I saw Teslas shares at 300 bucks or whatever it was, seemed a little overvalued.

Last edited by a moderator:
K, if it could just keep tanking for a bit that'd be great.

Deregulation will usually lead to short term gains, before crashing hard down the road. What's peculiar about this correction is that the effects of Trump's tax cuts and deregulation haven't manifest itself yet. I was thinking S&P 500 and Dow Jones have about 15% room to go up before losing steam, so I bought in heavily in some 3X leveraged ETFs (tech, healthcare and aerospace). My portfolio got smacked around like a midget in a professional wrassling ring in the past week.

I said this before, Trump was saying how tax cuts would be good for the market. But the market is at an all time high. It doesn't need help. Now it does. lol.

I got destroyed this past week. Lost all my gains. Barely breaking even. I'm not selling though. That would guarantee the losses. I am gonna try holding. Also, I am gonna take Mark Cuban's advice more. Keep a lot of money in cash. Basically any money I could afford to I threw in the market. Didn't save anything. This was savings. Cuz it was going up anyway. Cuban doesnt even pay attention the stock market except a few times a year. A time he calls the world series. Only time anything relevant is happening. Now is that time and I have no cash because I put it in stocks. And other guys are sitting on a load of cash in a buyer's market.

I have never sold a stock I bought cuz I'm not a coward.

I am in it with them to the end.

Every notification on my phone today. dozens. "X stock dropped 5%." lol. over and over.

Psychology plays a major role in markets and I do believe Trump has had at least some effect. I have heard numerous CEOs say that. Trump is a snake and exactly the kind of person who will let traders get away with shit. We always hear people on the right bitch how regulated the market is and it is holding it back. The opposite is true. Deregulation is the problem.

I consider trading to be psychological as anything else. IT doesn't matter what is true, it matters what people believe. That is why stocks like Tesla were pumped to the sky for no reason. Cult like behavior. Without the flair and cult surrounding Musk, that stock would probably be half its price. He is still trying to do this and now failing. "Look, a rocket!" As tesla continues to lose money and be behind on production.

It's a bit insulting actually.

Ford and other American companies are producing exponentially more vehicles and making more money, but are valued comically less.

That is Buffett's style. He says the best time to sell is never. He also said the stock mark is an apparatus that moves money from impatient people to patient people. Like tolstoy said. Time and patience are the names of the 2 greatest warriors.

It's a bit insulting actually.

Ford and other American companies are producing exponentially more vehicles and making more money, but are valued comically less.

58efd1a18af578521f8b5762-1200

I remember investigating who it was and we couldn't find out. But the photographer is some kind of small time Russian guy with an ass fetish. He has a facebook page I can't remember what it was called. GREAT photographer.

Fedor Shmidt. Dude has an eye for delicious asses.

I mean, I can understand electric cars are the future.. but like. The Big 3 already have the infrastructure ready to rock when the time comes.

They won't get left behind.

I'm more interested in Boring, tbh.

I said this before, Trump was saying how tax cuts would be good for the market. But the market is at an all time high. It doesn't need help. Now it does. lol.

I got destroyed this past week. Lost all my gains. Barely breaking even. I'm not selling though. That would guarantee the losses. I am gonna try holding. Also, I am gonna take Mark Cuban's advice more. Keep a lot of money in cash. Basically any money I could afford to I threw in the market. Didn't save anything. This was savings. Cuz it was going up anyway. Cuban doesnt even pay attention the stock market except a few times a year. A time he calls the world series. Only time anything relevant is happening. Now is that time and I have no cash because I put it in stocks. And other guys are sitting on a load of cash in a buyer's market.
I had about $110k invested in stocks, now worth only about $85k since I got greedy with leveraged 3X ETFs. I still have about $15k spare cash laying around, but I'm going to wait until the middle of next week before I get in further. That cash is my emergency money, and I rather not dip into it if I don't have to.

Like the cryptofags say, just HODL.

You only crystallize the losses when you sell. If you're an index investor, nobody has EVER lost money in a span of 15 years.

I honestly think I know how Musk thinks. I agree with him on most things. Like AI being an exisitential threat to humanity. That is true and more people should be saying it.
I mean, I can understand electric cars are the future.. but like. The Big 3 already have the infrastructure ready to rock when the time comes.

They won't get left behind.

I'm more interested in Boring, tbh.

Exactly. Tesla made electrics cool. They made the mold. But these other companies can just steal it with their vastly superior production. Plus they have their own talent. Tesla made electric cars cool. Why is that so hard? lol. I wouldnt be caught dead driving a Bolt. He is just like Jobs. He knows how much style and emotions matter. Bill Gates said he looks at software and the business from an engineering standpoint whereas Jobs sees a larger picture. The emotional impact. The person aspect. The style. Jobs had fuckin style. Just like Musk. When he introduced the Mac. Damn.

Jobs and Wozniak used to argue. Jobs said a computer should be art. They are like paintings. Wozniak said no. And combined they were brilliant. Musk needs a Wozniak. But Musk is the only person bringing magic to the world. These huge unveiling of products. Just like Jobs. Nobody does that anymore. They capture the imagination of the people and that is powerful.

"Never trust a computer you can't lift." one of the best sales tags of all time imo

Last edited:
Every notification on my phone today. dozens. "X stock dropped 5%." lol. over and over.

163.gif

I didn't have a significant enough nest egg to invest in much before the summer, at which point the Schiller P/E ratio was ridiculous (Schiller himself said this wasn't necessarily a canary in a coal mine, though), so I decided to wait.

holy fuck. I am actually in the green today.

I had about $110k invested in stocks, now worth only about $85k since I got greedy with leveraged 3X ETFs. I still have about $15k spare cash laying around, but I'm going to wait until the middle of next week before I get in further. That cash is my emergency money, and I rather not dip into it if I don't have to.

Like the cryptofags say, just HODL.

You only crystallize the losses when you sell. If you're an index investor, nobody has EVER lost money in a span of 15 years.

The same thing was said about a span of 10 years up until it wasn't true. The stock market is one area where what happened in the past has no bearing on what will happen in the future.

The stock market is about buying when the price is low and selling when the price is high. To do that you need people that will sell when the price is low and buy when the price is high.

163.gif

I didn't have a significant enough nest egg to invest in much before the summer, at which point the Schiller P/E ratio was ridiculous (Schiller himself said this wasn't necessarily a canary in a coal mine, though), so I decided to wait.

I dont think one need or even should have a much money laying around before investing. I started with something like 50 a month and I dont think my monthly buys have ever exceeded 2k.

The same thing was said about a span of 10 years up until it wasn't true. The stock market is one area where what happened in the past has no bearing on what will happen in the future.

The stock market is about buying when the price is low and selling when the price is high. To do that you need people that will sell when the price is low and buy when the price is high.

Yup. it sounds so simple. buy low, sell high. but few people can actually do it. like the people panic selling now. they are selling fuckin low. lol. And I agree that every market is a new day without precedent. It is a very dynamic thing and hard to predict. Plus Black Swans. I am a fan of Taleb on this.

Back