Stipe would have won if it had stayed standing

ukfansinceufc1

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Stipe was landing the cleaner shots even before Nganou gassed. At no point was Stipe hurt or in any danger. He was hit by a clean left hook shortly before the end of the 1st round which according to the Sherdog play by play 'wobbled his brains', but he wasn't wobbled at all or he wouldn't have been able to complete a powerful double leg where he needed to practically lift Nganou's legs up and slam him because of the lack of distance to the fence. And he didn't go for that final takedown because he was 'hurt' but because Nganou was off balance after throwing that left hook and because Stipe had a smart game plan and that last takedown ensured he won the round (maybe with a 10-8).

Nganou is also one of those fighters who perhaps doesn't really show when he's hurt, he just has the same look on his face. As much as being gassed (after about 2 minutes of the 1st round) he may have been dazed slightly by Stipe's clean shots.

He lost??? Damn they gave him the belt by mistake at the end.

I agree, and the same applies to DC. But then again, I don't think they should as competitors take unnecessary risks just to please a drunken audience who likes to see shirtless men trading punches inside a cage.

I agree, and the same applies to DC. But then again, I don't think they should as competitors take unnecessary risks just to please a drunken audience who likes to see shirtless men trading punches inside a cage.

How do TS's nuts taste?

Delicious.

7ZRWK4.gif

I also think he mouse on Stipe's eye might have been as much caused by the rubbing of heads during the clinches following the first two takedown attempts.

Stipe was landing the cleaner shots even before Nganou gassed. At no point was Stipe hurt or in any danger. He was hit by a clean left hook shortly before the end of the 1st round which according to the Sherdog play by play 'wobbled his brains', but he wasn't wobbled at all or he wouldn't have been able to complete a powerful double leg where he needed to practically lift Nganou's legs up and slam him because of the lack of distance to the fence. And he didn't go for that final takedown because he was 'hurt' but because Nganou was off balance after throwing that left hook and because Stipe had a smart game plan and that last takedown ensured he won the round (maybe with a 10-8).

Nganou is also one of those fighters who perhaps doesn't really show when he's hurt, he just has the same look on his face. As much as being gassed (after about 2 minutes of the 1st round) he may have been dazed slightly by Stipe's clean shots.

Stipe was hurt by a clean shot in round 3. Also, Stipe and Ngannou were tied for significant distance strikes in round 1, Stipe was obviously more damaged by the end of the match and Ngannou never looked like he was hurt or in any danger on the feet.

Dem golden gloves all up in his face

Stipe didn't think so that's why he turned into Brock lesnar

I also think he mouse on Stipe's eye might have been as much caused by the rubbing of heads during the clinches following the first two takedown attempts.

Smh stipe got clocked 1st and 3rd rd . Had a purple eye almost like blaydes fight

Ngannou face was fresh no cuts or severe bruising

I think Stipe was worried about his eye.

If Ngannou landed another shot to that eye the fight could have possibly been stopped.

Yea with those stupid wild looping Wanderlei punches Francis was throwing Stipe could have tag his ass alnight and kept getting him with that slick 1,2 he was throwing. In fact that aspect of the fight somewhat reminded me of the Diaz-Johnson fight, wild looping punching by Johnson that dont find their home and then a nice 1,2 by Diaz that do.

Stipe did the right thing. If the fight would have stayed off the ground he knew he was taking an unnecessary risk. If he didn't take him down and got caught with a haymaker and knocked out people would call him stupid for not using his wrestling advantage. He used the tools available because he's a smart fighter and has a good team. Francis needs to rethink his coaching situation.

Stipe did the right thing. If the fight would have stayed off the ground he knew he was taking an unnecessary risk. If he didn't take him down and got caught with a haymaker and knocked out people would call him stupid for not using his wrestling advantage. He used the tools available because he's a smart fighter and has a good team. Francis needs to rethink his coaching situation.

I think leaving Dewey cooper in vegas for Paris was a mistake . Fernand Lopez is a great coach and has brought Francis far but the fact of the matter is there is not a lot of sparring partners Francis size in Paris . I mean this was the whole idea behind moving to vegas was to find more sparring partners Francis size that can actually push him . I think If Francis stayed at the PI he could have beat stipe . He would have tougher and better sparring partners Vegas is huge in MMA , Instead of Francis going all the way to Paris his trainers should have came to vegas . Plus it's not good for a fighter to be flying around all the time before a fight . If Francis will correct these mistakes he will become the next HW champion

Maybe, but a gassed Francis still stunned him with one punch in the 3rd. It was playing with fire standing with him.

I do agree Stipe was landing great shots, but Francis got a thick noggin

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back