Stipe would have won if it had stayed standing

I think leaving Dewey cooper in vegas for Paris was a mistake . Fernand Lopez is a great coach and has brought Francis far but the fact of the matter is there is not a lot of sparring partners Francis size in Paris . I mean this was the whole idea behind moving to vegas was to find more sparring partners Francis size that can actually push him . I think If Francis stayed at the PI he could have beat stipe . Instead of Francis going all the way to Paris his trainers should have came to vegas . Plus it's not good for a fighter to be flying around all the time before a fight . Francis will correct these mistakes n become the next HW champion
He has to be a smarter fighter if he wants to be champion. He can't load up on every shot and needs to work on wrestling. I understand he was tired, but he looked lost on the ground. He has a long way to go if he wants to be champion. A good wrestler could be his kryptonite.

I think Stipe was worried about his eye.

If Ngannou landed another shot to that eye the fight could have possibly been stopped.

Seriously the thing was purple lol one more shot would have sealed it

Agree.

The shots to the head Stipe landed were mostly to the bottom half of his head, leaving less visible damage but definitely enough to make him think twice. Lots of counters by Stipe connected.

The best punch Francis landed imo was the right cross after Stipe caught him first and then Stipe ran forward with more punches going for the finish. That punch backed him off and he seemed to think about the situation and realize that the risk wasn't worth it. Other than that exchange where Stipe got excited and rushed forward with wild punches I thought Stipe won the boxing aspect of the fight.

Maybe, but it would have been risky. He used a proper game plan instead.

Stipe has been dropped by JDS, Overeem, and finished by Struve. It’s possible if the fight never went to the ground Ngannou could have caught him, Stipe played it smart by using the couture wall n stall/ lay and pray

Not hurt - he was back peddling most of the first and clearly dazed.

He's luck Nag has the fight IQ of a bar brawler and the cardio to match.

Back