Stipe says only fight he'll accept is a DC rematch, confident it happens in spite of Lesnar.

Neitzsche

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Wishful thinking..

To be honest I'd enjoy this match far more.

Also, LOL @ Latifi calling out DC...

Wishful thinking..

To be honest I'd enjoy this match far more.

Also, LOL @ Latifi calling out DC...

Well.... he is in for a surprise then...

DC said he will retire, so this might be a long wait for Stipe...

...unless he is counting Lesnar out (i.e. if he gets caught cheating by USADA and can't fight).
UFC then will definitely think about a rematch!

i mean.... who else is there???

Stipe suffering from smoke inhalation. Crack smoke.

Homeboy forgot he got knocked the fuck out in the first round.

No way Cormier is letting any chance of losing the Lesnar fight. If he fights before that, it will be at 205. I'm not saying this is fair to Stipe, but that's is very obviously what is going to happen.

Well.... he is in for a surprise then...

DC said he will retire, so this might be a long wait for Stipe...

...unless he is counting Lesnar out (i.e. if he gets caught cheating by USADA and can't fight).
UFC then will definitely think about a rematch!

i mean.... who else is there???
blaydes? even volkov

No way Cormier is letting any chance of losing the Lesnar fight. If he fights before that, it will be at 205. I'm not saying this is fair to Stipe, but that's is very obviously what is going to happen.
Exactly, if Shogun wins, without a doubt that will be his fight in between.

Fan of Stipe. But, with that said. All those times he brushed off the promotional aspect of MMA, and said that talking shit and selling fights isn't his style. Well....

blaydes? even volkov
See, I honestly don't know.
I mean, I hear ya.
But IMHO Blaydes is not ready (same as Francis wasn't ready).

Volkov could be... but do you really think he did enough to fight for the belt?
I mean Werdum is a great win, but he's 3-3 in his last 6. Struve is 3-5 in his last 8 and Roy 4-8...
I mean they are the best names on his resume, but he didn't fight them when they were at the best time in their careers.... Make sense?

I just don't know if this is enough to say he is a top contender...

If you don't want to market yourself then you better pray you keep that belt because the minute you lose it you become worthless. Enjoy your stay in the land of salt ex champ. Jose Aldo bless.

Fan of Stipe. But, with that said. All those times he brushed off the promotional aspect of MMA, and said that talking shit and selling fights isn't his style. Well....

that only hurts him because he lost. where he really fucked up was allowing DC to finish him in the 1st rd.

had the fight been an epic war like his 1st fight with JDS where both men had taken lots of damage, and then he got KO'd, it would make the UFC think about wanting a rematch.

but because he got destroyed in a single rd by a smaller guy, it's very hard to get a rematch after that.

Oh no... please don’t refuse a contender fight Stipe...

Hey homeboy you seem to forget he set the record for most title defenses and others have gotten immediate rematechs with much less ie cody vs tj 2. Homeboy.

If you don't want to market yourself then you better pray you keep that belt because the minute you lose it you become worthless. Enjoy your stay in the land of salt ex champ. Jose Aldo bless.
This is more of a JJ-Rose scenario.

Hey homeboy you seem to forget he set the record for most title defenses and others have gotten immediate rematechs with much less ie cody vs tj 2. Homeboy.

The UFC does not seem to place a lot of importance on consistency or precedent.

The UFC does not seem to place a lot of importance on consistency or precedent.
No they don't but to act like he doesn't deserve it is crazy. I know he won't get it bc of his personality but out of all people who actually deserve a immediate rematch its him.

You have an odd definition of KTFO. What happened to Stipe was a TKO, stopped by the official and was immediately up. KTFO is stopped because you’re stiff like a board, all locked up with your eyes rolled back in your skull.

Getting knocked out--easily--is not grounds for an immediate rematch.

If Stipe is the HW GOAT he claims to be then he should have no problem working his way back to a title shot.

Cmon now we all know immigrant mentality was nothing but Mike bisping on hw. He ain't touching that gold any time soon. He needs to chill Lil longer after dc bounced his head in canvas

Back