Stipe says only fight he'll accept is a DC rematch, confident it happens in spite of Lesnar.

If the UFC was about being a sport and a legitimate competition, this would be the fight to make.

Is the UFC about any of that though? <{cruzshake}>

Even if Lesner pops on the road to a fight the USADA and UFC would likely bury it until after the fight as its too big a money fight to scuttle. Just as they did in the Anderson/Diaz fight when Anderson popped prior but they did not announce it until after the fight.
could be... but that puts a huge dent on the credibility of this sport (and USADA).

could be... but that puts a huge dent on the credibility of this sport (and USADA).
I don't think they care when it comes to big money fights.

The test that busted Anderson took place Jan 9 and the fight was 22 days later. They hid that result, allowed the fight to happen and then over turned Anderson's win after the fact due to that Jan 9 test. PPV and other money in, so all was good.

I think Miocic deserves a rematch or the winner of Volkov vs Blaydes deserves the next shot. Lesnar does not deserve a title shot especially after his failed drug test.

I don't think they care when it comes to big money fights.

The test that busted Anderson took place Jan 9 and the fight was 22 days later. They hid that result, allowed the fight to happen and then over turned Anderson's win after the fact due to that Jan 9 test. PPV and other money in, so all was good.
yeah, but not something they can keep doing...

Stipe got destroyed in 1 round. Him getting a rematch is as bad as Lesnar having a title shot.

3 title-defenses do not warrant an immediate rematch after getting KO'd in the first.
if he had 5+ title-defenses maybe.

Stipe should fight Curtis Blaydes

Good matchup for him imo. Stipe 2nd round KO

Lol at thinking he has the leverage to demand anything.

Lol at thinking he has the leverage to demand anything.
Yeah, he knew from the get go DC was going to be retiring very soon, so for him to be clamoring for a rematch is silly.

If you can move on from Struve KO'ing you, what's so hard about accepting that an all time great beat you?

You have to admit the current fight being speculated has a far lesser ground (in terms of credentials) than the Stipe fight. The fact that DC is fighting Lesnar allows Stipe a decent case.

I think JDS vs Stipe 3 is his best realistic option.
Not really. Brock is only a potential option because he brings money to the table. Businesses like money. The ufc has never, ever been a meritocracy. They're not gonna start now, when the new owners have a four billion dollar plus debt to pay off.

Wishful thinking..

To be honest I'd enjoy this match far more.

Also, LOL @ Latifi calling out DC...

It will happen if DC was serious about that testing he spoke of. It was a financially idiotic move for a guy who wants a money fight.

This is more of a JJ-Rose scenario.
Bad comparision. JJ was doing media, trashtalk all time, when she had oportunity to keep her and her division relevant, Stipe opposite.
If I was Stipe I would talk about TJ - Cody rematch, because it's on DC/Lesnar level of absurdity, and it's rematch after champ was KO'd. (2nd round, but first defence...).

Yeah, he knew from the get go DC was going to be retiring very soon, so for him to be clamoring for a rematch is silly.

If you can move on from Struve KO'ing you, what's so hard about accepting that an all time great beat you?
He fought like a dummy in that fight, showed zero fight iq. Hard to feel sorry for him. People act like he slipped on a banana peel and got caught or something.

DC beat that ass. No controversy and no hype for a rematch right away. Should have fought OR promoted better. If you think you're above fight promotion, better not lose then.

I wouldn't say he got destroyed. He got ko'd in a fight he was winning.
that only hurts him because he lost. where he really fucked up was allowing DC to finish him in the 1st rd.

had the fight been an epic war like his 1st fight with JDS where both men had taken lots of damage, and then he got KO'd, it would make the UFC think about wanting a rematch.

but because he got destroyed in a single rd by a smaller guy, it's very hard to get a rematch after that.

He fought like a dummy in that fight, showed zero fight iq. Hard to feel sorry for him. People act like he slipped on a banana peel and got caught or something.

DC beat that ass. No controversy and no hype for a rematch right away. Should have fought OR promoted better. If you think you're above fight promotion, better not lose then.
It's almost like he forgot that DC cracked a completely roided out Bigfoot at HW and was undefeated at HW... Lol

Dana loves DC and brock, he won't want stipe messing with this fight. Sucks for stipe because if lesnar wasnt here he would get the rematch.

He should be calling out Volkov and Blaydes. He looked terible letting Cormier get off so much in one round.

Back